User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Aug 2003, 20:48   #1
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
ITT we make fun of the people who needed to install the patch

haha

Once again, I escape unscathed!

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 21:09   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fools
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 21:27   #3
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
lucky those who still use win98
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 22:15   #4
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
*points*
*laughs*
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 22:47   #5
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
Luckier those who use linux

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 23:02   #6
(°>
lowly ensign

(°> is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
Yes I have XP on my laptop and but I can see no reason to upgrade my desktop computer.Even more reason to keep it with 98.....
(°> is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 23:05   #7
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
WinXP > Win98
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 23:18   #8
(°>
lowly ensign

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
WinXP > Win98
Maybe I'm missing something..... why?

I have thought of upgrading but can't see any benefit... only downsides.98 does everything I need of it.The less intrusive the OS the better.
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 23:20   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by (°>
Maybe I'm missing something..... why?
If you can keep your machine up past the 60 seconds mark then stability is kind of in XP's favour

Obviously on a machine with limited hardware spec then yeah, 98SE will often be better.

p.s. Anything but bloody Windows ME.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 23:24   #10
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A physically seperate Linux firewall + the fact that I patched the flaw as soon as the patch came out (sometime back in July) = pretty safe methinks.

I don't even know how many hits the firewall is getting because I told it to automatically drop anything on port 135 anyway when the flaw was announced (oh no! how will I live without MS-RPC?!) so it's not logged.

Unread 13 Aug 2003, 23:32   #11
(°>
lowly ensign

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
If you can keep your machine up past the 60 seconds mark then stability is kind of in XP's favour

Obviously on a machine with limited hardware spec then yeah, 98SE will often be better.

p.s. Anything but bloody Windows ME.
Ta.That might make sense.
I had this machine since 1998 and never had to format it .... leave it on for days n.p. no viruses/worms....
So I guess when I buy a new computer it would be better to stick with the installed XP.
I'd like to delve in linux but I just don't have the time
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 23:50   #12
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
didnt affect me, all my friends had it too, not sure why, i had no virus checker or firewall

maybe its something to do with win2k professional, i dont know you tell me
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:41   #13
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
I have windows 98 and norton autoprotect/live update.

I'm fine right?
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 12:16   #14
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
*points*
*laughs*
mua ha haaa
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 12:41   #15
Costa
Banned

Costa is an unknown quantity at this point
ha ha ha

read technet you fools
Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 12:42   #16
Moled
careface ;[

Moled is an unknown quantity at this point
169 8120 DROP tcp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:135

only 169 times in about 2 days
Moled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 13:02   #17
Costa
Banned

Costa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Moled
169 8120 DROP tcp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:135

only 169 times in about 2 days
dont you have a router?
Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 14:48   #18
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I am invading a thread.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 14:50   #19
Moled
careface ;[

Moled is an unknown quantity at this point
negative
Moled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 16:48   #20
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Costa
ha ha ha

read technet you fools
If it's where you get your brilliant advice, no thanks. I'd rather use common sense, and healthy paranoia.
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 16:51   #21
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by W
If it's where you get your brilliant advice, no thanks. I'd rather use common sense, and healthy paranoia.
sayonara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 17:01   #22
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Heh, good one Costa - relying on a Microsoft run technical "advisory" to point out the holes in Windows.
A similar situation to relying on George Bush to chair a meeting to ressurect the Kyoto Protocol.
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 17:14   #23
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Didn't Sword have some LS-kind of trouble with his comp earlier on?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote