User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 21 Aug 2015, 17:04   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Round 64 Stats

OK so we all saw how rushed and unfinished the stats were for R63.

I propose everyone who can start looking at new stats EARLY for next round.

The basic brief

1) 2 Pods per Race.
2) Xan = High damage, Low Armor, Fires after Cat.
2) Cat = All EMP damage, medium armor, fires first.
3) Ter = Medium Damage, High Armor, Medium Init.
4) Zik = High Damage, HighArmor, Fires Last, Steal+Damage.
5) ETD = Like other races ship type when required, but slighty worse+better in areas.

No matter what stats you design, we should be able to get new ones started and finished way before the round starts, and not 1 day before. There was even a change after the stats were final because of a typo.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2015, 19:11   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 64 Stats

Unless Appoco has recently appointed MrLobster as the stats overlord (which is possible!), that is not a list of requirements stats must meet to be accepted.

That said, I agree that it would be nice if we could start a bit earlier this round.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2015, 20:51   #3
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

I don't have the knowledge or the willpower to try and do stats, but the least I can do is get the ball rolling, I have no affiliation to the PA Team.

I sat there thinking about the "basic brief", and just realised that's the usual way stats are done, but its not set in stone, so if you want to come up with something unique then do so.

I'm also not stating that any stats posted here will be used, however if it leads us to getting a good set, before the new round starts, then it was worth it.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2015, 18:54   #4
green_cat

green_cat is on a distinguished road

One thing is right for sure! start on time and work together !
green_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2015, 07:27   #5
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

I just dont want Tia or whoever producing another set of unbalanced stats and then bias creeping in from people on the forums saying "It's between this and this set", when clearly the set picked was nowhere near complete
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2015, 20:34   #6
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

If the creator of r64 stats was picked NOW! They would have about 2 months to make the stats. Which would give us(community) time to critique and edit the stats. This is what we need instead of the normal 4 people step up to make stats they all have access to a server and no one knows whats going on. Someone from the PA staff has to pick someone to make the stats. That's Step 1. This person then has all the power of the stats and their finished product(when ever they decide) would be the stats.
Unread 8 Sep 2015, 20:59   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're assuming that having someone work on one set of stats for 2 months will 100% of the time produce a good set.

I don't think that's correct. I think we're more likely to have a good set if 4 people work on 4 different sets, at which point PA Team picks the best of the bunch, possibly followed by another week of tweaking before signups open.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 9 Sep 2015, 20:28   #8
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

No but having one person picked for the statmaker is better than the system we have now. At least this way, we can work with them to make their stats good. Also people have a much different view of what "good" stats are. To me a set of stats where an alliance going 1 attack class doesnt work, is a good stats.
Unread 13 Sep 2015, 20:13   #9
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

I think blue's stats offered up last round would be great for this round. If blue worked on them during this round, they are probably nearly done. If not they could easily be tweaked and ready weeks before round start.
Unread 15 Sep 2015, 09:06   #10
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

But then you did say Tia's were the best put forward, so lol

Blue's were conceivably viewed as better to most people, but i guess you have more influence over the powers that be, so why give an opinion
Unread 15 Sep 2015, 14:08   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Simply saying that they were viewed as better by most doesn't make it so. Take a cue from Santa and speak for yourself alone.
Unread 15 Sep 2015, 15:56   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Everyone knows that mz and the stats mafia decide what stats are the best.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2015, 21:47   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Does anyone have any stats they're wanting to submit?
Unread 15 Sep 2015, 22:41   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Everyone knows that mz and the stats mafia decide what stats are the best.
I give my opinions just like everyone else. If (and I stress: if) my words are given more weight than others', then that is really not my problem.

Out of curiosity, who else is in this stats mafia?
Unread 16 Sep 2015, 00:23   #15
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
But then you did say Tia's were the best put forward, so lol

Blue's were conceivably viewed as better to most people, but i guess you have more influence over the powers that be, so why give an opinion
Tia's were the most finished last round. Most people means nothing. "most alliances" choose FR this round. Most people.... I'll just stop. I have no interest in fighting with anyone. I'm not here to troll. I'm here to help and be apart of working together, towards good stats.

Back to the topic at hand.
Lets view new sets! even sets from last round. We are wasting time. get them up here. Lets do this!
Unread 16 Sep 2015, 00:35   #16
SantaCruz
I've been around

Any way we can get construction stealers added instead of sk's and no structure defence? just for a round and see wtf happens. Make them steal like 5% cap no matter rank. Keep research the same etc. If you max out 50 contructions, 51+ dont work.
Unread 16 Sep 2015, 00:57   #17
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
Any way we can get construction stealers added instead of sk's and no structure defence? just for a round and see wtf happens. Make them steal like 5% cap no matter rank. Keep research the same etc. If you max out 50 contructions, 51+ dont work.
No

Unread 16 Sep 2015, 02:16   #18
SantaCruz
I've been around

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Just put these together. I had arm/dmg/cost/er etc finished but, i moved alot of ships around when i started tweaking to balance. I still have to go over the inits etc etc. Really only been at them for an hour.

i will work on them tomorrow.i'm also willing to take advice on targeting or team strengths being to strong/weak already. It will speed this process up having more eyes
Unread 16 Sep 2015, 06:10   #19
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
Tia's were the most finished last round. Most people means nothing. "most alliances" choose FR this round. Most people.... I'll just stop. I have no interest in fighting with anyone. I'm not here to troll. I'm here to help and be apart of working together, towards good stats.

Back to the topic at hand.
Lets view new sets! even sets from last round. We are wasting time. get them up here. Lets do this!

No they werent. Anyone who knew 2 cents about stats knew this
Unread 16 Sep 2015, 07:35   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

They were definitely not the most finished.
Unread 16 Sep 2015, 12:42   #21
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Heh, even the most graduated stats makers can't agree on parameters and standards .
Tbh, if a proposal doesnt start with a description of the aim ot the stats, what statsmaker expects to happen, what he considers the good and bad points, the whole process will be subjective, again.
BB tried to make a brief description of his, but imo it should be something more clarifying than "crazy set".
Unread 16 Sep 2015, 13:03   #22
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

BB tends to err towards "I'm doing something crazy and unexpected and untried and everyone will be attack attack attack all the time for these unspecified reasons" and then he's surprised when people express concern about actually playing with them.

Also: stats mafia? Fisher? Tukey? Cochran? Give me a clue here.
Unread 16 Sep 2015, 20:08   #23
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Im curious how you can describe a stats set?

Unread 16 Sep 2015, 23:31   #24
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Reflection on previous rounds, intentions wrt class and metaclass interactions, A/C and D/C considerations, attack and defence balance, the sort of things people care about, y'know.
Unread 17 Sep 2015, 01:00   #25
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Reflection on previous rounds, intentions wrt class and metaclass interactions, A/C and D/C considerations, attack and defence balance, the sort of things people care about, y'know.
Ive taken inspiration mainly from the worst statsset ever, R60, and other sets over the past 20ish rounds partly.

In my mind, with such a set i presented, race spread or more importantly roid class spread is key.
With the current game meta for big alliances wich is built around forting and not fighting their main opponent going hull2 roid classes seems to come out on top too often.
If either FR or DE is much stronger than its counterpart(R60 and partly this round) you usualy got one of the key ingridents for what i belive to be a bad set.

Cloacked vs none cloacked has also been a deciding factor for alliances decisions, so giving xan a normal ship within roiding class is a interesting take on the "cloack" issue.
Being able to built dists at a lower rate than amps + the research time on inc scans + no inc scans on fleets def vs u, maybe makes people call out for weaker xan ships, and this is just one option for it.

Both zik/etd basicly invite you to be creative with your strategy, wich might take alliances away from one of the strategies wich has been popular lately: Take two weeks extra vacation from PA, rush cores + refs, and make sure you got other alliances willing to block with you on those that had a "head start".

Narrowing in cat to only have 1 team up option in each roid class perhaps make them less favourable as a hardcore choice for alliances.

Unread 17 Sep 2015, 10:14   #26
Krypton
KK

It's "Cloaked" for the record BB. Driving me insane with your extra C