User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 17 Mar 2015, 12:08   #51
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: r61 Changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
And these are people who have played the game throughout the different decades
No Krypton, this is infact very very wrong.

I signed up in R45, and 62% of all the accounts has been signed up AFTER r45.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2015, 12:20   #52
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
I signed up in R45, and 62% of all the accounts has been signed up AFTER r45.
They have only been tracking this since r40 havn't they? (correct me if I'm wrong)
So a lot of 'new' players wont be new. On that basis I started last round. Except I didnt, I played r3-9 and r25-39.
Long enough gaps to forget how awful it is and get nostalgic
Unread 17 Mar 2015, 12:29   #53
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Exactly Londo, clueless.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2015, 12:53   #54
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Well as i said i belive next round to boost it up to closer to 800 again.
Why do i belive this?
New alliances has been forming, and that means there will be more spots to be filled up, therefor attracting more ex players back, or giving new players a fighting chance for getting into a alliance.
Hope springs eternal!
I dont think new alliances and more spots will have any effect on player numbers (positive or negative).
But on the matter of hope:
As much as I favour smaller tags I dont think the question necessarily has much relation to the amount of players at all because there is aways hope the next round's politics will be different, or at least work better for you.
On an individual level people cannot influence the politics of the game but they can they move to an alliance they expect to either maneuver better or to not be involved in the power struggle.
For much of the late 20's I despised Ascendancy's political dominance; I joined Ascendancy in r30. Perhaps the wrong move since Omen then mounted a pretty serious challenge that round.
I expect that if they care enough about politics enough to be annoyed by it they are sufficiently dedicated to not quit!
Unfortunately I think people quit because of the gruelling hours doing well in PA demands.
Unread 17 Mar 2015, 23:42   #55
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
They have only been tracking this since r40 havn't they? (correct me if I'm wrong)
So a lot of 'new' players wont be new. On that basis I started last round. Except I didnt, I played r3-9 and r25-39.
Long enough gaps to forget how awful it is and get nostalgic
Does that mean we have a 5-roundly turnover of 38%? Because if that's the case, that'd be rather worrying...
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2015, 00:02   #56
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure it matters too much if almost all 'new' players are actually returning players. Planetarion had so many players in round 3/4 that getting back only a couple of percent of them would transform the game. Unfortunately this is not likely to happen.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2015, 08:52   #57
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, nevermind, I misinterpreted the data. I thought we were looking at a 5-roundly turnover of 38%, meaning 38% of people would only play PA for 5 rounds or less before quitting (Disgust? Boredom? Burnout?). That's not the case. 38% of people who played in round 40-44 still (or again) played in round 60. That's far less worrying.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 19 Mar 2015, 09:43   #58
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Yeah, nevermind, I misinterpreted the data. I thought we were looking at a 5-roundly turnover of 38%, meaning 38% of people would only play PA for 5 rounds or less before quitting (Disgust? Boredom? Burnout?). That's not the case. 38% of people who played in round 40-44 still (or again) played in round 60. That's far less worrying.
Im pretty sure if you look through the PA history page you will find that there is a lot of planets that might look like "multie" accounts wich is gone the next round.
Im not sure, but id think that 70% of the active planets in r45 played r60?

Unread 19 Mar 2015, 10:56   #59
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Sorry, no. This is the count of all permanent accounts (i.e. every account signed up since Round 41) vs those signed up after the time you joined.

I could do a separate status of, for those planets signed up, the age of those accounts?
Unread 19 Mar 2015, 14:22   #60
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

on a little count, 23/69 of FAnG are still playing the game now from those that were there r45

Unread 19 Mar 2015, 19:45   #61
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Bring back Spinner
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2015, 21:15   #62
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
Sorry, no. This is the count of all permanent accounts (i.e. every account signed up since Round 41) vs those signed up after the time you joined.
Ah, OK. So X% of accounts is newer than yours, regardless of whether they have a planet this round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I could do a separate status of, for those planets signed up, the age of those accounts?
Honestly, for something as inconsequential as this, it hardly matters.