User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 6 May 2007, 10:03   #1
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Mpogd

This month we want to try to win MPOGD.COM game of the month. We have already increased our rank from 50 to 3 in just over one day. If we have the same increase again we should be ranked 2 by tomorrow.

Why do we want to do this?

This round saw the first increase in paid accounts in a long time. With the changes in this round and the planned changes for next time we think now is the time to act to try and get some new players in.

So, if you love Planetarion as much as we do, please vote everyday and help us win.

http://www.mpogd.com

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2007, 10:22   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Mpogd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
This round saw the first increase in paid accounts in a long time. With the changes in this round and the planned changes for next time we think now is the time to act to try and get some new players in.
I'm astonished. Is it Wolfpack recruiting, or is the game actually reaching new players?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2007, 10:27   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
I'm astonished. Is it Wolfpack recruiting, or is the game actually reaching new players?
Wolfpack probabaly helped, yes. But considering we normally loose players, an actual growth suggests that we have got better at retaining thoose that sign up. This is backed up through the statisitics we collect. This round has fewer signups than last round, but we still have an increase in paid accounts. This suggests that the new skins and features in this round have had a net positive benefit.

The sad thing is that the PR disastors, bugs, poor manual, etc have really hindered the growth - if we had got things right on that front we could do even better.

So in short thats our goal for next round, get the major bugs out of the game, get the manual to a higher standard and to try to avoid the PR disastors that typically plague the game.

I'm optimisitc that we can do this and really start to move the game forwards.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 May 2007, 10:57   #4
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Most people i know just came back for one final rump.
Im sure that is the reason to the increase of player mass (he said optimistically)

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2007, 10:59   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Most people i know just came back for one final rump.
Im sure that is the reason to the increase of player mass (he said optimistically)
perhaps, but addiction is a strange thing... what they intended may not be that relevant

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 May 2007, 12:24   #6
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Actually I'd recommend everyone to wait until next round and see what is really going to happen. One can still push Planetarion up the mpogd rankings when it's fun again.
Unread 6 May 2007, 12:32   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Wouldn't it be better to make Planetarion end second on the rankings every month instead of 1st and then wait another year to vote again? Sure, PA would probably get a huger boost at once if it ended first, but by ending second every month it could lead to a steady long-term growth instead of a huge short-term growth.
Unread 6 May 2007, 13:29   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Wouldn't it be better to make Planetarion end second on the rankings every month instead of 1st and then wait another year to vote again? Sure, PA would probably get a huger boost at once if it ended first, but by ending second every month it could lead to a steady long-term growth instead of a huge short-term growth.
That is one option yes, but we arn't second yet...

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 May 2007, 15:41   #9
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for a moment there i got distracted by the game called planetarium football manager on that list.

Planetarion mixed with Footbal manager?

Now theres an idea for next round
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2007, 17:47   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Playing football with asteroids could be fun
Unread 8 May 2007, 10:26   #11
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Is mpogd.com still the most popular site for these kinds of things?
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 10:35   #12
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Haha, very good point.
Unread 8 May 2007, 10:35   #13
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Actually I'd recommend everyone to wait until next round and see what is really going to happen. One can still push Planetarion up the mpogd rankings when it's fun again.
Why dont you quit PA then?
Unread 8 May 2007, 10:57   #14
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

people pay for accounts to get new skins?

* bring back excel *
________
Suzuki rv 125 van van

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:28.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 16:43   #15
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

1st place now

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 07:14   #16
Dorraj
[TGV]

Dorraj has a little shameless behaviour in the past

mannnn!

we're whooping this now, keep upthegood work guys
Round 16 - No PA
Round 17 - TGV - Officer
Round 18 - Omen - Officer
Round 19 - TGV - HC
Round 20 - TGV - Officer
Round 21 - TGV - Officer
Round 22 - 42 - No PA
Round 43 - TGV - Peon
Dorraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 13:28   #17
Nadar
I see you!

Look at the history of its rankings: http://www.mpogd.com/gotm/

Planetarion has won GOTM (Game of the Month) 11 times in the past, often several months in a row. Too bad you're only allowed to win GOTM once a year nowdays
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:11   #18
Hideo

Hideo is on a distinguished road

mpogd's poll is laughable. Winning this thing is a few lines of code.
Hideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 23:33   #19
Nadar
I see you!

I'm not entirely sure, but I think MPOGD really meant something in the past...?
Unread 10 May 2007, 14:24   #20
Kal
Inactive peon

It used to mean a lot, yes. However, even now it is relevant, since we entered the top 5 the signups have increased - this does bring us back to the question though of whether we want to actually win. Would coming second every month be better?

Or perhaps we win mpogd.com once a year, but make sure we are allways doing well in other rankings as well?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 10 May 2007, 20:51   #21
Nadar
I see you!

I don't think people can be arsed to vote on multiple sites every day, so sticking with one of them would be the best. Aiming for second would then probably be the best strategy of attracting as many players as possible since they'll get a constant exposure to the game instead of one exposure per year.

If you go for this you'll have to find a way to make sure people don't vote too much though.
Unread 10 May 2007, 21:34   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
I don't think people can be arsed to vote on multiple sites every day, so sticking with one of them would be the best. Aiming for second would then probably be the best strategy of attracting as many players as possible since they'll get a constant exposure to the game instead of one exposure per year.

If you go for this you'll have to find a way to make sure people don't vote too much though.
Or what we could do is try to find a different thing to win each month.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 10 May 2007, 22:58   #23
Nadar
I see you!

Could be a good idea to just put them all up at once instead of just one per month then. To make people to bother voting, make it so they receive some resources every time they vote. I'm not sure if that's possible with all sites though, but in a game I tried for a few days (Marcoland) I got resources every time I voted, so I guess there's some reference-thingy you could use.
Unread 11 May 2007, 00:58   #24
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

The idea of roid/resource incentives for supporting the game on other sites is an excellent idea. How about a reward for placing a link to PA on personal websites/blogs? If we want to be really clever, how about some kind of scripted button which displays planet rank? (e.g. 'my planet is ranked 24th in Planetarion') I think other games (NationStates springs to mind) have made good use of such things.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2007, 07:47   #25
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
The idea of roid/resource incentives for supporting the game on other sites is an excellent idea. How about a reward for placing a link to PA on personal websites/blogs? If we want to be really clever, how about some kind of scripted button which displays planet rank? (e.g. 'my planet is ranked 24th in Planetarion') I think other games (NationStates springs to mind) have made good use of such things.
We are looking into the first item, and I like the idea of the second.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 May 2007, 15:12   #26
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
If we want to be really clever, how about some kind of scripted button which displays planet rank? (e.g. 'my planet is ranked 24th in Planetarion') I think other games (NationStates springs to mind) have made good use of such things.
Anyone then viewing the blog would be able to work out who the person was. It would have to be made very clear that whatever system was in place, if it meant that their co-ords were revealed it's not our fault / problem.
Something slightly less easy to break down would be, for example the maximum and minimum ranks and the graph as given on the history page.
Unread 11 May 2007, 15:20   #27
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

I don't think most of us care about hiding our coords any more (I certainly don't).
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2007, 17:12   #28
Nadar
I see you!

People who don't want their coords could simply not use that banner on their site then, or alternatively use another one which doesn't reveal the coords.
Unread 12 May 2007, 15:40   #29
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
This morning everyone was given 25 of each roid in thanks for our performance so far on MPOGD.com Game of the Month.

Some people will have had a very nice day out of this when you factor in all the attacks going on, some people will have a nice day tomorrow when they land attacks and take advantage of the now higher level of roids in the universe.

To continue the campaign to show how well Planetarion can do on MPOGD.com, if we have a 25% share of the vote by the end of next Friday there will be a further donation of 25 of each roid. This donation will be given on the Saturday.

PATeam
Please, for the love of god, don't give me even more roids, I feel fine with my current roid count, and getting more roids will just be a disatvantage to me. I don't want the roids, I don't want the attention, you're just going to get all the small players bashed. And surely you realise that ultimately, this will chase away more people than you could ever hope to gain from MPOGD.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2007, 16:10   #30
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Please, for the love of god, don't give me even more roids, I feel fine with my current roid count, and getting more roids will just be a disatvantage to me. I don't want the roids, I don't want the attention, you're just going to get all the small players bashed. And surely you realise that ultimately, this will chase away more people than you could ever hope to gain from MPOGD.
As everyone is bigger by an equal amount why does that make you any more of an attractive target than you were before?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 12 May 2007, 16:56   #31
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

.... You seriously should play another round actively and "hardcore" Kal, maybe you understand how some of the game features (don't) work.

There is a "safety" level for having roids per X amount of value you have. For example having 1 million value and 300 roids doesn't make you a vcery attractive target, opposed to having 300 roids and 200k value or 1k roids and 1 million value. Smaller planets got relatively many roids extra, a 1,5k roid planet with 2 million value planet will barely notice the difference while a small 2-400k planet might have gotten above his safety level and is now regarded an interesting target again with the roid gains you get from attacking it.

And next time, please give out roids at a time were barely any attacks land. Now you have alot of players who simply lose more roids because they were left undefended over night.
Unread 12 May 2007, 18:22   #32
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
.... You seriously should play another round actively and "hardcore" Kal, maybe you understand how some of the game features (don't) work.

There is a "safety" level for having roids per X amount of value you have. For example having 1 million value and 300 roids doesn't make you a vcery attractive target, opposed to having 300 roids and 200k value or 1k roids and 1 million value. Smaller planets got relatively many roids extra, a 1,5k roid planet with 2 million value planet will barely notice the difference while a small 2-400k planet might have gotten above his safety level and is now regarded an interesting target again with the roid gains you get from attacking it.

And next time, please give out roids at a time were barely any attacks land. Now you have alot of players who simply lose more roids because they were left undefended over night.
Oh Im sorry Wandows, did Visions 'safety' level go bust when everyone got 75 roids? Thats really too bad.

Wandows: Please stop asuming that the game mechanics work like you asume they do. Do you honestly believe that planets with 400k at this point play "low roids to keep safe" ? This might apply for a small percentage of the active players who actually cares about such things. The rest will just be happy they got a few ticks worth of extra income.

Im sorry if you feel its a problem that planets seem like good targets. Perhaps we should make the bonus to remove roids next time so fat planets wont look so juicy ? Or how about you make out a list and definition on who is deserving of more and less roids, then you hand the list over to the proper official, and tell them this is how it should be.

Why didnt you come moaning before the actual roids were handed out btw? The announcement was there, or did you perhaps want to wait until it happened, before your mind turned angry, and you felt the need to stomp on everything that happens in the game.

Moaning is REALLY easy isnt it ? Be happy that things are actually happening, instead of being a crying puppy on the- road to cryville
Unread 12 May 2007, 19:16   #33
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

ow right, i'm terribly sorry. I know i shouldn't play a game according to how i assume the mechanics work, my bad . I have been around for many rounds. Basicly non-stop since r3. I have been in almost any position in the game in terms of galaxies (very active to very inactive). I think i have plenty experience with crap planets to know that there are cases where you try and stick to a save level of roids to avoid being a too obvious target.

Now i personally have no problem with getting the 75 roids and thus i never complained about it since i like getting some free roids (no i didn't in the post above either, i just replied to Kals argument). 75 extra roids do have a different impact on your planet depending on your value and size. Some players just have different strategies and do not wish to look like a nice target for whatever reason, not everyone plays to get a shitload of roids and high value you know. So instead of just looking at your side of the coin, you could try and turn it around to see there are also other ways of playing where it might make a (small) difference.

edit
You might have missed it, but i do not mind the extra roids myself nor does my alliance (which is xVx, not Vision)
Unread 12 May 2007, 19:27   #34
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Oh Im sorry Wandows, did Visions 'safety' level go bust when everyone got 75 roids? Thats really too bad.

Wandows: Please stop asuming that the game mechanics work like you asume they do. Do you honestly believe that planets with 400k at this point play "low roids to keep safe" ? This might apply for a small percentage of the active players who actually cares about such things. The rest will just be happy they got a few ticks worth of extra income.

Im sorry if you feel its a problem that planets seem like good targets. Perhaps we should make the bonus to remove roids next time so fat planets wont look so juicy ? Or how about you make out a list and definition on who is deserving of more and less roids, then you hand the list over to the proper official, and tell them this is how it should be.

Why didnt you come moaning before the actual roids were handed out btw? The announcement was there, or did you perhaps want to wait until it happened, before your mind turned angry, and you felt the need to stomp on everything that happens in the game.

Moaning is REALLY easy isnt it ? Be happy that things are actually happening, instead of being a crying puppy on the- road to cryville
As much as I dislike agreeing with Idler I agree that since everyone got the roids this wont really have an big impact on the game. Maybe only on xans since they were the ones who took advantage of the roids being equally shared.
Unread 12 May 2007, 19:55   #35
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
As everyone is bigger by an equal amount why does that make you any more of an attractive target than you were before?
Because having 300 and gaining 75 roids has a much larger impact than having 1500 and gaining 75. Of course, I can see that this is not just a disadvantage, after all, my income grows by the exact same factor. However, that is of little meaning to the small allianceless newb if (s)he's in a small galaxy which gets double booked because it's so fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
I for one did not realised what would happen until it was too late, and this could very well be possible for Wandows as well. Note by the way, I'm not complaining about what happened already, what's done is done. But when I get a mail from Kal saying we might get yet more roids, I do feel obliged make my objections clear.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 12 May 2007 at 20:00.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 18:31   #36
Kal
Inactive peon

Congratulations on helping us win - well done everyone.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???