User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 15:41   #1
MEX

MEX will become famous soon enoughMEX will become famous soon enough
Cool USO (r19)

Hi everyone

as the new alliance USO has now poped up into the Top30 alliances of r19
like a Unknown Submerged Object ,
i think it is now necessary to introduce it to the public.

After returning to PA in PT:185 of r19 after a pause of several years, i was bored in the 2nd tick while waiting for my 1st construction and research to finish and played arround a bit with the possibilities of the ALLIANCE pages.

After discovering that you have to wait 72 ticks after leaving a alliance,
and someone else joining USO beside me, i decided to keep it until i get a chance to join a better alliance.
While waiting, i talked to other small alliances below the Top30 and offered them a merge ...
until now Qrii, Unimatrix, ... and currently Hells Angels have accepted this offer.

Currently USO is a alliance of mostly HARMLESS small inactive players,
some of them playing PA for the first time.
We are desperatly seaching for a techie and/or active players for our HC,
or another alliance to merge with.

MfG, MEX

PS: USO is a acronym from the universe of Perry Rhodan,
http://www.perry-rhodan.net/pics/a/a...othek5tibi.jpg
although you can see above that i am a big fan of ELITE
and the Hitchhiker's books of Douglas Adams too ...

Last edited by MEX; 31 Oct 2006 at 16:18.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 17:04   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: USO (r19)

Good luck with your recruiting MEX.
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 01:15   #3
Dom32

Dom32 will become famous soon enoughDom32 will become famous soon enough

Maybe you can find someone from one of the more experienced alliances to explain how to get a bot running and teach you the techie stuff rather than hoping some1 will pop up and know how to do it all. Get and IRC channel up you only need to have 3 people with a netgamers account to do it its not soo hard to be honest.
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 11:06   #4
MEX

Thumbs down Re: USO (r19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom32
... Get and IRC channel up you only need to have 3 people with a netgamers account to do it its not soo hard to be honest.
I know, i have done it myself in the past.

But the real problem in small alliances below the Top30 is to get 3 active people with a registered IRC nick in the first place

IRC active players usually join alliances from the Top30 which already have a registered open IRC channel for recruiting new members.

Small alliances with at least 3 active players usually get in the Top30 !
Just look at ZikUnion as a example for such a alliance ...

MfG, MEX
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 11:33   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEX
I know, i have done it myself in the past.

But the real problem in small alliances below the Top30 is to get 3 active people with a registered IRC nick in the first place

IRC active players usually join alliances from the Top30 which already have a registered open IRC channel for recruiting new members.

Small alliances with at least 3 active players usually get in the Top30 !
Just look at ZikUnion as a example for such a alliance ...

MfG, MEX
See the mergers thread and your see that getting an IRC channel isnt hard for any alliance that takes a few mins out to get reps for their alliance assigned to the #alliances group. You need just two people (yourself being one of them)
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 08:56   #6
MEX

Lightbulb Re: USO (r19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
See the mergers thread and your see that getting an IRC channel isnt hard for any alliance that takes a few mins out to get reps for their alliance assigned to the #alliances group. You need just two people (yourself being one of them)
As USO gains most of its members from merging with other small alliances with 1-3 members, and i am interested in merging them with a bigger alliance with a already established name (which then will of course be the new name), it isnt as important for us to get registered IRC channels as for other alliances.

If the need arises, we can always use a temporary IRC channel.

Another reason is that someone told me that access to the #alliances group is restricted to alliances with at least 15 members.

And as the name of USO might change after the next merge to another name,
it would be only a unneccessary waste of time and space to register channels for USO when you then need channels with other names.

MfG, MEX
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 09:41   #7
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I like this guy.
Unread 3 Nov 2006, 23:04   #8
MEX

10 hours ago we have started to accelerate our asteroid Quinto-Center.
In 14 hours we are ready to engage our jumpdrive to relocate Quinto-Center to a new position where it will be save ...
Unread 3 Nov 2006, 23:21   #9
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

What does the 'MfG' mean when you end posts?
Unread 4 Nov 2006, 00:33   #10
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Mother feckin Gun?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 4 Nov 2006, 02:38   #11
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

Means hes probably german as its shortened for "mit freundlichen grüßen"
translating to Kind Regards more or less.

edit: on closer look he's austrian, but the language stays the same.

Last edited by Lei~; 4 Nov 2006 at 03:01.
Unread 4 Nov 2006, 20:13   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Merged into Hidden-Agenda. Thanks for the entertainment.
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 07:20   #13
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Does that at least mean MEX will stop posting in recruitment threads asking for people to merge
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 11:09   #14
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes, yes it does.

I suppose I'd better close this thread now