User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Aug 2007, 18:43   #1
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Football] 2018 World Cup

I don't know who will have seen it, but Jack Warner, a vice-president of FIFA, has come out with some outrageous comments over the possibility of England hosting the 2018 World Cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/6939170.stm

Quote:
"If the World Cup were to go to Europe, I'm quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won't get it," Warner told BBC World Service.

"There are moves to give it to England. I must fight that."

Warner, a member of the world football body's executive committee since 1983, added: "It will be Italy, Spain, or even France who will get the World Cup if it goes to Europe.

"Nobody in Europe likes England. England invented the sport but has never made any impact on world football."

This contrasts with the opinion of some guy named Franz Beckenbauer....

Quote:
In July another Fifa executive committee member and former World Cup winner, German legend Franz Beckenbauer, offered his support to England hosting the 2018 World Cup.

He told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek: "There is no better country in Europe to host the World Cup in 2018. England is the favourite."

He added: "The most important thing is to end the rotation and bring the tournament back to Europe.

"The Premier League at the moment is the best league in Europe and the stadiums are outstanding.

"In my opinion, there is only one very serious candidate and it is England."

The entire situation is disgraceful. Warner was exposed a while back by Panorama for corrupt selling of tickets for the 2006 World Cup - and FIFA hasn't even enforced their punishment of him for this. Backhanders galore as well, although notoriously difficult to prove.

I read a suggestion on the 606 part of the BBC website to e-mail FIFA, so I've done just that.

Quote:
Sirs,

I find the comments of Mr Warner regarding the chances of England hosting the 2018 World Cup quite disgusting. His suggestion that "It will be Italy, Spain, or even France who will get the World Cup if it goes to Europe" and that "Nobody in Europe likes England. England invented the sport but has never made any impact on world football".

Not only are his comments rude but they are also a great insult to the United Kingdom, and England in particular. The Premier League is the biggest league in the world and many of its clubs have either recently completed new stadiums (e.g. Arsenal's Emirates Stadium, Manchester City's City of Manchester Stadium) or the planned new stadium at Stanley Park for Liverpool FC. I have not even mentioned the recently-completed Wembley Stadium, the largest stadium in the world with every seat under cover.

Quite how Mr Warner can say that Italy (1990), Spain (1982) or France (1998) should host the World Cup ahead of England, who last hosted the World Cup in 1966, is beyond me; it makes no sense whatsoever.

I hope to hear from you soon with an explanation of Mr Warner's comments.

Yours faithfully
Andrew Savage

Fairly reasonable I thought, given my initial reaction when I first read what he said. ****.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 18:49   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] 2018 World Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Not only are his comments rude but they are also a great insult to the United Kingdom
I think this is a bit of an exaggeration seeing as I'm laughing my bollocks off.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 18:50   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah....but this is a letter to FIFA, you've got to lay it on thick.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 20:08   #4
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Warner Bros. suck, Mr. Warner sucks. It's a trend.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 21:26   #5
Opi
Ensign

Opi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to all

I think writing a letter to FIFA every time some crazy old guy makes a weird statement isn't worth it. Every year someone proposes a strange new rule to be tested and never heard of again or you have some corruption like you mentioned in the first post. This guy presumably just wants some publicity for himself and CONCACAF.
I don't really see Mexico, USA or Canada getting the WC in 2018, though. England, Spain, Russia and Australia are reasonable candidates, in my opinion.
Opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 21:31   #6
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

They missed out the part where he says "...for Europe, England is an irritant." It made me chuckle.
Unread 10 Aug 2007, 02:37   #7
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Its not really fair to say that England has had no significant impact on world football; they introduced hooliganism for example.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote