User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 10 Nov 2008, 00:10   #1
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Change to Galaxy Disband

Ok, I've never ever exiled. Or bin in a disbanded gal. So I might get some of my facts wrong in the following. I don't care, correct me if u need to

I just joined this round (Tick 217) after a few rounds absence. Almost immediately on joining our GC exiled and our new GC put up a galaxy disband vote. Recognising the gal was on its last legs I put my vote in as YES. After a couple of ticks one of our gal members voted NO which put the galaxy disband objections at like 5%.

Then a couple more of our bigger players exiled. Now that 1 vote suddenly accounts for 12% of the 25% required to stop a galaxy disband. We also had a couple more players (like me) join who are in protection, and so far look inactive.

MY concern here is that existing players might self exile leaving only the new players who were put into this sh!thole stuck because of 1 guy who voted no. Obviously once we get out of protection we can self exile but i'd rather not have to pay for the mistakes of the people who were in this gal before me. Having said that though I'd rather self exile right now than wait to see if the galaxy disbands naturally, or self exile once i'm out of protection.

Unfortunately I can't self exile. Because i'm in protection ((( So I guess after all that blabber what it comes down to is a simple two line suggestion. as follows:-

Players under protection who are in a galaxy with a gal disband vote could/ should be given the option of being able to self exile. Preferably for free.

Why I believe this idea works:-

If you actually are good at this game you have the option of securing a half decent start for your planet even if the randomizer screws you on placement.

IF your a ***** and you need a crappy ass gal to learn your trade without getting exiled, you won't even be aware of this feature or it's benefits so it won't fk with the whole ideal of having crappy ass gals for crappy ass players.

The problem I forsee with this idea

Good players, or alliances, will abuse this idea to get players into good gals.

Which leads to suggestion 2 :-

This option (free self exile if in protection) should only be available if both of the following criteria are met

i) Your planet was signed up after tick 72
ii) The galaxy you were placed in has, or goes into, a galaxy disband vote during your period of protection

cheers
Nik
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2008, 07:56   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Change to Galaxy Disband

Free self-exiling is a recipe for abuse.

You're going to have to accept that no system is going to be perfect. We can't make sure everyone is in a good galaxy, some people are going to fall through the cracks. You were unlucky, it's a consequence of going random. You took the risk, you pay the price. When you're out of protection, self-exile the normal way.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2008, 15:52   #3
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Those that are self-exiling are probably paying for others mistakes aswell. As in inactive planets and such.

I don't see why it should be any different for you?

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2008, 21:26   #4
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

Mz - I agree free exile IS a recipe for abuse, but I fail to see how any player or alliance can manipulate the universe to such great lengths that they could abuse the system as suggested in my original post. Can I reiterate that, as stated, this suggestion would only aply to players under protection, in a galaxy that has an active disand vote running, and would only be available post tick 72.

If we were to hypothesize that a possible avenue for abuse would be an alliance with a late joining member wants to get that member out of their ***** starting galaxy, the alliance might put pressure (i.e. threats) on that galaxy to put up a gal disband vote so their man can ge a free self exile. But of couse, any such internet based threat would leave a 'paper' trail which could be reported back to the admins so the risk vs gain for an alliance to threaten a gal in this manner would be so catastrophic that it would be a worthless and redundant endeavour.

On that basis I acknowledge your response but still feel this is a valid suggestion. If you care to extrapolate on the potential abuse of this suggestion please do so.

Stein - What? Did you actually read my original post? I do not think I deserve special treatment, nor am I demanding the immediate implementation of this suggestion to aid me out of the predicament I find myself in. Please note, that as stated, this is the first time I've found myself in a possible self exile or gal disband situation and thus it is the first time I have had the knowledge or rather experience to comment on what I have come to believe is a base flaw in the system, which in turn has led to me putting a post on the suggestions forum for consideration in future development of the game. If you care to read my original post you may note that as stated

I signed up tick 217
I am still under protection
My gal has an active disband vote.
The gal members who can self exile, are self exiling

Now take Mz's response for instance. The obvious and apparent answer is to wait until protection ends and then self exile. There is nothing wrong with that solution, other than it being entirely disvantageous to the late signup. Not only is there the cost involved, but, being a late starter, I would like to be in an IRC gal chan with my new gal finding out exactly what they require from me. This time waiting for the gal to auto disband or for me to leave protection and self exile is just dead time. Ergo, this suggestion is based on the concept of removing that dead time by giving the player in protection the option to self exile whilst still in protection, but only if the criteria as stated were met. (and please note though the term 'I' is used my personal experience or desire is presented here merely to act as an example as to why a suggestion such as this can provide benefits to other players / the game)

Again, if you had read / understood the original post, you should have also noted that this suggestion ( I reiterate ) would only apply to post tick 72, planets in protection, in gals with an active disband vote. Thus making your comment about 'players self exiling are probably paying for other mistakes' entirely redundant in this instance. Indeed your response goes further in implying that this mistake comment made by yourself applies to me.

My mistake was joining late. Not really a mistake more a victim of circumstance. Hey I'm guilty as charged but with that being my only mistake your response appears to me bitter, and quite pathetic in all honestly. Please read AND understand my original post if you wish to input in this suggestion forum, if you are merely looking for one upmanship and cheap girly bitchiness or to turn this thread into the usual circus sideshow of patheticness then please, for all our sakes, refrain from posting because you are wasting all our time and embarassing yourself.

Cheesr, Nik
Unread 10 Nov 2008, 21:35   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Any planet in a galaxy can start a disband, as long as the galaxy is eligible for it. That's how to abuse this.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 10 Nov 2008, 21:48   #6
DarkHeart

I've got to confess I did not know that, thank you for informing me. It's understandable why anybody should be allowed to start the vote if the gal is eligible for it, and up to your response my suggestion was based on the theory that the existing members of the gal had already decided the gal was dead therefore making my suggestion valid. Which it is'nt now!

Though I still believe the principle of being able to self exile whilst in protection is a valid suggestion, dependant on set criteria. Just not the criteria as I outlined originally.

Perhaps :-

If you signup post tick 72
If you have upgraded to a paid account
If you are under protection
If you are in a galaxy which is eligible for a self exile vote
You can choose to self exile before protection ends.

Maybe it could be linked in as a chosen bonus (kind of like a get out of jail free card) such as the exisitng resource / construction bonus that late joining paid accounts get to choose between?
Unread 11 Nov 2008, 21:58   #7
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Open to more abuse. Signup exile abit, dont land where i want, delete account. start again!

unless you made it only paids can exile in protection anyway but then in all honesty whats it matter? you cant do anything during protection anyway. As soon as 72 hits you self exile?
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2008, 22:46   #8
DarkHeart

aye Benneh, following Mz's response I'm certainly thinking this suggestion should only be open to paid accounts, in protection, in a bottom 10% gal, who signed up after tick 72.

As my last post, it could also be a chosen bonus, so they would choose the self exile bonus if they signed up and were in a dead galaxy and wanted out of it whilst in protection. The cost of this exile would be that its a part of the bonus that is naturally given, and you would choose the self exile bonus at the cost of part of the research or construction bonus.

Obviously you would not be able to just self exile till you landed in a gal you wanted, as soon as you self exiled into a gal without the gal disband option (ie a gal not in the bottom 10%) the self exile whilst in protection mode would be disabled, as one of the set criteria would be that the gal has to be in the bottom 10%... basically a gal on it's way out anyway! I feel this element seems to have been missed in the responses so far.

I beg to differ about the 'not being able to do anything whilst in protection' comment. You can do a lot of IRC related stuff (i.e getting to know gal mates, the structure and requirements... as a person who likes to defend in gal I normally work with my gal mates to produce ships that are required in gal... etc) whilst in protection.

In this instance (i.e. my current predicament) the last 60 ticks of my intro into this round are pretty much just dead time as I'm just waiting to get out of protection and self exile. 60 ticks that could have been spent in a gal which wasn't auto disbanding anyway, preparing for my release from protection. Please note I do not want to just self exile into a top gal. I just want to self exile out of this gal which is about to auto disband , and land in a gal that isn't about to auto disband anyway. And thus that is the foundation of my suggestion.

This suggestion is aimed at just removing dead time, time that is dead due to the fact I will definetly be moving to a new gal, whether it is by self exile or gal disband, whichever comes first. Self exile would definetly come first, if the option was avaialble within protection.

Cheers, Nik
Unread 17 Nov 2008, 10:15   #9
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

I think galaxy disband votes should be removed, aswell as kicking aswell as self exile.

The whole point in putting ranomds to mixed gals with pro players gets killed when a) the good players exile or b) kicks the new players or c) disbands whole galaxy.

This curent system is crap. You should stood to your galaxy to allow it grow and develope. Disbanding it to get in to place others builded is just plain wrong. No work, no victory....
Unread 17 Nov 2008, 10:54   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
I think galaxy disband votes should be removed, aswell as kicking aswell as self exile.

The whole point in putting ranomds to mixed gals with pro players gets killed when a) the good players exile or b) kicks the new players or c) disbands whole galaxy.

This curent system is crap. You should stood to your galaxy to allow it grow and develope. Disbanding it to get in to place others builded is just plain wrong. No work, no victory....
The system is not just there for the benefit of new players. While I appreciate the need for the game to be accessible to them as well, you cannot realistically expect veteran players to sit out round after round in crap galaxies.

From a personal point of view, I have no objections to helping out new players a round out of 5. However, if you force me to do it every single round, I would rather use deletion mode to attempt to get into a decent galaxy, and I'm fairly confident I'm not the only one who is of that opinion. Or do you want to remove deletion mode as well?
Unread 17 Nov 2008, 15:11   #11
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The system is not just there for the benefit of new players. While I appreciate the need for the game to be accessible to them as well, you cannot realistically expect veteran players to sit out round after round in crap galaxies.

From a personal point of view, I have no objections to helping out new players a round out of 5. However, if you force me to do it every single round, I would rather use deletion mode to attempt to get into a decent galaxy, and I'm fairly confident I'm not the only one who is of that opinion. Or do you want to remove deletion mode as well?
You aint forced to teach them each round... if one out of you 5 private planet players educate them this round, they get the help needed.

Why on earth would you need a delete mode? Its the worst feature ever, we dont want accounts to get deleted, we want the opposite = bigger universe.

Either make full private planets, or accept the randoms not beeing the best ever allways.

Punny scorequeens u are....