User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Aug 2003, 02:47   #1
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
US in....

repressing freedom of the press when they feel like it shocker!

PS I'm aware nothing has happened yet but I just find this too hilarious an opportunity to pass up.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 03:02   #2
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Re: US in....

So does the BBC generally allow people to threaten eachother's lives on the air?

How about tomorrow you go down to the local station and ask if you can.

I'll bet you the answer will be 'no'.

And there was no 'repression of freedom of speech'. First, the station in question was in Dubai, not America. Second, it wasn't repressed at all.

kthxbye

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 03:10   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: US in....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
So does the BBC generally allow people to threaten eachother's lives on the air?
I wish they did

Quote:
How about tomorrow you go down to the local station and ask if you can.
Don't live in Britain

Quote:
I'll bet you the answer will be 'no'.
What sort of odds are we talking?

Quote:
And there was no 'repression of freedom of speech'. First, the station in question was in Dubai, not America. Second, it wasn't repressed at all.
I already pointed out I knew the offence hadn't taken place yet. The station was threatened by the Americans. Your second point just repeated the earlier one and confused me

Quote:
kthxbye
Can I be your online friend?
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 03:11   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

I hear humour's getting banned off the internet for subversion of the nazi super-state :cool:
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 03:16   #5
Mirai

Re: Re: Re: US in....

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
I wish they did
:nv:
Quote:
Don't live in Britain
Then fly there and ask them. Or tunnel there. I'll help.
Quote:
What sort of odds are we talking?
Good odds. Odds I can live with. Odds. Such a funny word.
Quote:
I already pointed out I knew the offence hadn't taken place yet. The station was threatened by the Americans. Your second point just repeated the earlier one and confused me
then what the hell is the point of this thread?
Quote:
Can I be your online friend?
Yes.

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 03:21   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: US in....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
:nv:
I got you that smiley you're using. Don't question the security I provide!

Quote:
Then fly there and ask them. Or tunnel there. I'll help.
Will you be sending monetary aid?

Quote:
Good odds. Odds I can live with. Odds. Such a funny word.

Quote:
then what the hell is the point of this thread?
Second post, plus there should be some interesting reactions. That and the fact it raises the question over if or when restrictions should be placed on the media.

Quote:
Yes.
One down, 200 million to go!
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 03:26   #7
Spieprzaj
A devil in God's country

Spieprzaj is an unknown quantity at this point
199,999,999 to go!
It went like this:

Originally posted by Spieprzaj
what?
Spieprzaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 03:30   #8
Mirai

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: US in....

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
I got you that smiley you're using. Don't question the security I provide!
You're fired if you hired nod
Quote:
Will you be sending monetary aid?
Via Westen Union.
Quote:

Quote:
Second post, plus there should be some interesting reactions. That and the fact it raises the question over if or when restrictions should be placed on the media.
Media should regulate itself. Decide on public opinion polls om what can be considered PC or not. Makes it easier. People who think that they need regulation need to wake up.
Quote:
One down, 200 million to go!
\o/

Unread 28 Aug 2003, 04:06   #9
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

What if an American tv station allowed masked Ku Klux Klan members air time to threaten to kill blacks?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 07:35   #10
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
What if an American tv station allowed masked Ku Klux Klan members air time to threaten to kill blacks?

They do it's called Jerry Springer.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 15:38   #11
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
They do it's called Jerry Springer.
Jerry's "guests" aren't authentic though. It's fictional "entertainment"--not news.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 16:44   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.
- Chomsky

Of course, giving air time is a slightly different and more complicated issue, but I wouldn't be that apalled by the KKK getting air-time. I don't really see what the difference woud be versus them being "allowed" to have a web page.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote