User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Jul 2003, 13:20   #1
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
ericcson vs nokia

what do you reckon?

the sony ericcson p800 or the nokia 9210 ?

both are phones-cum-pda but the nokia is almost twice the price of the p800.. im looking for a phone that'll allow me to do *everything*

does anyone have any experiences? ignore the cost aspect as much as possible pls

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 13:25   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I always use a phone to call people.... can you actually call people with those phones? Next to it being a complete PC, camera, notebook, cigarette-lighter, webserver and teleportation device?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 13:26   #3
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
i bloody hope so!

im hoping to have a phone that i can a) phone with b) check my email with and c) use to connect to my server with to do work whilst on the move

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 13:33   #4
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Personally I prefer the Nokia Interface to the ericsson one, but then I've had a Nokia phone since the 2110 - about 8 years ago
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 14:40   #5
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
the thing i don't like about the p800 is the keypad thingy and that pen thing which i'd probably lose
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 14:46   #6
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
I know several people with the P800 - it's a fab piece of kit. It can run Opera and all sorts. Making a call on it is (un)surprisingly easy and the handwriting recognition beats the pants off Palm Graffiti.

Nokia is mass-produced cheap ****e and you know it.

BTW Deathjam, you get a few spare styluses with it so you'd be ok for a couple of weeks
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 15:27   #7
BarbieKen

The nokia is outdated by far.

Not worth it at all.

P800 all the way; alternativly if you cba to drag around on a palmsize phone, buy the T610.. I did ;p

Minigolf over bluetooth network is the best thing ever happening to a phone if u ask me
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 16:44   #8
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Nokia over ericsson any day.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 16:47   #9
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
Nokia over ericsson any day.
Finnish pride, eh?

Anyways, i like nokia better then ericsonn, but on just those models, im pretty unsure. I would probably buy the ericsonn if i wanted one of those, but i don't, so i trust my sturdy nokia.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 16:49   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I think ranieri should stay on.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 18:32   #11
BarbieKen

Point me towards one Nokia phone with the same features as found on a equally expensive Ericsson.

I'll give ya a hint. "It's not made yet"