User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Sep 2003, 14:06   #1
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
I Think My Opinion On This ISsue HAs Already Been Clearly Stated

Quote:
ABC Ships Uranium Overseas for Story
Federal Officials Call Test a Crime

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, September 11, 2003; Page A21

ABC News says it has exposed a crucial weakness in the nation's port security system by shipping depleted uranium from Jakarta, Indonesia, to Los Angeles. Federal officials say the network seems to have committed a crime.

"We feel this is a very valid and important test," ABC News spokesman Jeffrey Schneider said yesterday. "This is what journalists do. . . . It was not our intent to defraud the U.S."

But Homeland Security Department spokesman Dennis Murphy said that "it appears they violated the law, and the Justice Department is taking a look at that. Does a news organization have a right to break the law? Can a reporter rob a bank to prove that bank security is weak? My understanding of journalistic ethics is you don't break the law in pursuit of news."
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
'Our Media'

I'm worried about where they are going these days.

[Turn on TV]
...and then by sneaking past that guard right there, who is almost always asleep, one could reach the city water supply. Then, if he opened the second vat from the left, and poured in some type of poison, preferably a military-grade type, it would kill millions of water-drinkers in the area according to our expert. Yes, if a terrorist wanted to wreak true havoc, he could come right now and kill millions, and if he came in the next half hour, we here at Channel 6 would be first on the scene...
[click]
...here at the nuclear power plant, and in this investigative report we were able to get right through security with the help of only a little mustard gas and all the way into the coolant area. Any group of terrorists that wanted to could easily repeat our actions (as described on our website, www.creatingnews4u.com) to get right to the coolant valve. They could then hit that switch right there [points] and a Chernobyl-like incident would occur right here, killing millions...
[click]
...sadly, Brokaw was lost in the firefight, but the fact that it only took 100 of us to shoot our way through is simply horrifying. From right here, someone could launch a nuclear ICBM to destroy any place on earth. Given the launch codes of course. But, as it turns out, torturing the codes out of the general only took a few hours. Since when is cpvo8uv09eav4awdjnfdsp84w084t894sa9y376ddshsh7447ridsfsduiuwqmv54ghv54k4twjrghrrt-fgjk a very good code anyway? Any four year old could have guessed that in a matter of minutes. I repeat, the launch code is cpvo8uv09eav4awdjnfdsp84w084t894sa9y376ddshsh7447ridsfsduiuwqmv54ghv54k4twjrghrrt-fgjk. It would be child's play for a terrorist to come in right now and destroy all of America, and we would have the first-hand footage as he did it...
[off]
ps ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 14:55   #2
Deathjam IV

can we have a tl:tr plz
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 15:17   #3
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Deathjam IV
can we have a tl:tr plz

why tidn't you read it :C