User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Sep 2003, 08:39   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Unhappy sweden says no

:((
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 08:43   #2
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
to what? saw something bout it on the news....but didnt reazlly pay attention
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 08:51   #3
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
to the €

estonia said yes to the EU though, which is at least one good news for today.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 08:53   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
why do you care?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 08:58   #5
wu_trax

because sweden is part of europe and because of that should be part of the euro?
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 09:00   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
because sweden is part of europe and because of that should be part of the euro?
why do you care?
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 09:02   #7
wu_trax

because i care about the eu?

why do you keep asking stupid questions?
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 09:14   #8
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
because i care about the eu?

why do you keep asking stupid questions?
i think he's asking (though i could be terribly wrong) how does it effect you personaly. and if it doesn't immediately effect you, why do you care? well?
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 09:21   #9
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Well, they ARE Swedish, hence...
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 09:56   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
to the €

why is that good news?
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 10:13   #11
Rommel

Rommel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
to the €

more eastern european refugees ahoy
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 10:35   #12
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel
more eastern european refugees ahoy
estonia has the highest economical growth all across europe, they would be stupid to leave.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 10:39   #13
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Why should it be part of the Euro if its people don't want to be?

Surely you aren't suggesting forcing everyone in Europe to join the Euro?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 10:43   #14
Rommel

Quote:
estonia has the highest economical growth all across europe, they would be stupid to leave.
dont be so naive

they now have the freedom to travel anywhere in europe...
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 10:43   #15
Rommel

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus

he's german :duh:
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 10:53   #16
wu_trax

Quote:

no, they decided against it and thats it (for a decade or something), but surely i dont have to agree with their choice and can be disappointed about it, cant i?
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 10:54   #17
wu_trax

Quote:

so, you would move from a booing country to a stagnating country, without a chance of finding a job their?
maybe some will coe to uk, but why should i care?
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 11:24   #18
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
no, they decided against it and thats it (for a decade or something), but surely i dont have to agree with their choice and can be disappointed about it, cant i?
But you said that every country in Europe should be in the Euro.

Surely the only countries who should be in the Euro are those that want to be?

I'll put it another way: if they had voted no, but the government was still going to join, would you be happy?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 11:30   #19
wu_trax

Quote:
But you said that every country in Europe should be in the Euro.

Surely the only countries who should be in the Euro are those that want to be?

I'll put it another way: if they had voted no, but the government was still going to join, would you be happy?
i said all countries in europe should join the euro, because i think its best for them and best for europe, both economical and political. this is my personal opinion.
if sweden decides to have a referendum about it and votes against the euro, then so it be.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 11:38   #20
Rommel

Quote:
i said all countries in europe should join the euro, because i think its best for them and best for europe, both economical and political. this is my personal opinion.
if sweden decides to have a referendum about it and votes against the euro, then so it be.
I don't think you know what's best for people in the UK, Sweden or Denmark.

Long live the £
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 11:47   #21
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel
Long live the £
And the pound sign rocks. The euro sign looks camp.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 12:24   #22
Insane Badger

go the swedes \o/

Unread 15 Sep 2003, 12:25   #23
Nodrog

Quote:
You know who else wanted to unite all of europe under one rule?
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 13:05   #24
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd support joining the euro. It'd save us from that crap pink $20 they're about to release.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 13:11   #25
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Why is it so that all germans want a united europe? :duh:

Oh, and we are not yet a part of the EU! Horray and so on :duh:
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 13:16   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Is this a troll I see before me?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 13:39   #27
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Is this a troll I see before me?
no, its just a **** poster
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 13:53   #28
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
no, its just a **** poster
No you didn't
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 14:51   #29
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog

JESUS???
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 15:25   #30
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
so, you would move from a booing country to a stagnating country, without a chance of finding a job their?
maybe some will coe to uk, but why should i care?
You didnt say it was booming, you merely said it had the highest growth across europe, which isnt necessarily anything special or worth staying for in this case.

If their economy is worth very little now, reporting a 25% growth for example might make it the fastest growing economy when compared to everyone elses, but at the end of the day 25% of very little may be far outweighed in reality by a German growth rate of say 8%. That is why they wouldn't be mad to leave.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 16:30   #31
wu_trax

growthrate in estonia 5.8%
growthrate germany 0.5%
unemployment rates are about the same, so i dont see any reason why anyone from there should come here, in fact i wouldnt be surprised if people from here would move to estonia. (economic growth, transparent goverment, very little burocracy, that is one nice country)
poland for example is different, maybe some people from there come to western europe, but i doubt that will be many.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 17:12   #32
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Estonia is in democracy division 2
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 22:26   #33
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
Re: sweden says no

Quote:
(
yeah people here are shiet
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 22:36   #34
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
growthrate in estonia 5.8%
growthrate germany 0.5%
unemployment rates are about the same, so i dont see any reason why anyone from there should come here,
From the CIA factbook:

Germany:
GDP - per capita:
purchasing power parity - $26,600 (2002 est.)

Estonia:
GDP - per capita:
purchasing power parity - $10,900 (2002 est.)

That's why an Estonian would want to move to Germany.

As mentioned already growth rates mean very little when you're looking at what country is most desirable to live in.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 22:42   #35
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Since Estonia(non-EU country) is doing so much better than Germany(founder EU country), doesn't that mean the European Union isn't such a great thing after all, and so we'd all be better off just leaving the EU and following the Estonian route?
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 22:59   #36
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
Since Estonia(non-EU country) is doing so much better than Germany(founder EU country), doesn't that mean the European Union isn't such a great thing after all, and so we'd all be better off just leaving the EU and following the Estonian route?
Read ChubbyChecker's post.
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 23:06   #37
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
From the CIA factbook:

Germany:
GDP - per capita:
purchasing power parity - $26,600 (2002 est.)

Estonia:
GDP - per capita:
purchasing power parity - $10,900 (2002 est.)

That's why an Estonian would want to move to Germany.

As mentioned already growth rates mean very little when you're looking at what country is most desirable to live in.
and once theyve lifed here for a few month theyd be running home and most likely take a few germans with them.
there wont be a large invasion of people from eastern europe who want to live in the west. it wont happen. people dont even move here within the country, not to talk about leaving your country to live somewhere else.
and even if they come, there are hardly any jobs here. i dont see any problem whatsoever with the extension of the eu
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 23:07   #38
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
as much as id like to blame someone else, but we ruined the country fully on our own.
estonia will strongly prfit out of the common market and will have even more economical growth and so will the rest of the eastern countries.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 23:46   #39
Rommel

Quote:
as much as id like to blame someone else, but we ruined the country fully on our own.
i blame the euro.

Though wasn't the euro your idea in the first place? :duh: