User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Aug 2003, 18:23   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
all this talk about a levels......

what exactly are they? would they be the equivilant to the US SAT's.....or are they something completly different?
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 18:26   #2
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
we all have to sit GCSEs* at 16 which only thick people from sink estates fail. Then the mildly clever can go on at no extra cost for another 2 years of education to do advanced levels (gcses used to be known as ordinary levels).

This is england and wales, the scots, bless them are retards and have 'highers' something noone cares about.

*General Certificate of Secondary Education
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 18:28   #3
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
to explain further you do gcses in a **** load of subjects like 9 or something, then you usually take 3 alevels* for 2 years on which you are taught in depth, you can then enter uni at 18.

* general studies aside
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 18:51   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A-levels take 2 years.

The first year you sit 'AS levels', which are supposedly easier. The second year you sit A2's. You take 4 AS's and 3 A2's (or you're supposed to at least). The AS mark contributes to the A2, and they share the same modules, and you do some A2 modules for AS and some AS modules for A2 and you can resit them once and you get a seperate grade for AS until you sit the A2 at which point it becomes defunct.

It's a silly system.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 19:29   #5
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Re: all this talk about a levels......

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
what exactly are they? would they be the equivilant to the US SAT's.....or are they something completly different?
I don't know how the American SAT's work - but SAT's in this country are taken at the end of every 'key stage'. i.e at ages 5/6, 10/11 and 13/14.

GCSE's are compulsory and are taken at age 16. (This is also the end of Key Stage 4, so I guess they're just SAT's - but more important)

A-levels are 2 year optional courses taken after these.
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 19:58   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
and just to make it more stupid, its different in Scotland from England and Wales

We sit Standard Grades (which are more or less GCSE's), over two years (Third and Fourth Year, you choose them end of second year) which you take 8 of. (Some people take 9 - Religious Education is an optional course - well, everyone has to do it i think, but its an optional exam. or in my school, one class was randomly selected to do it out of 9)

For each standard grade, there are 3 papers, of which you sit two. Either Foundation and General, or General and Credit (depending on what your teacher thinks you are capable of passing. If you dont sit credit, you have to be a bit of a plank) . In the Foundation paper with 75-100% you can only get a 5, or with between 50-75% you get a 6. Below 50% is a 7 (fail). General paper, 50-75% gets a 4, 75-100% a 3. Anything below is still a 7. Credit you get a 2 for 50-75%, and a 1 for 75-100%. And once again, anything below that is a 7.

Restrictions: Eight subjects must be
1/ English
2/ Maths
3/ German/French (The language you do starts at age 4 or 5, and you never ever get a choice until 6th year to do the other. pot luck)
4/ History/Modern Studies/Geography
5/ Biology/Chemistry/Physics
6/ Admin/Computing/Business Studies/Graphics
7/ PE/Music/Art/Craft/
8/ A Random pick of your choice. A science, or art, or something

To get into a "Higher" course in a subject you need a 1 or a 2. Though sometimes if you really moan you can get in on a 3.

In Fifth year you take 5 highers in subjects that you got credit grades in at Standard grade. Grades are A (70%+/-), B (60%+/-), and C (50%+/-). Then fail. But if you just miss a C (by like 5%), you get an Intermediate 2 A. Intermediate 2 is the level you sit in a subject if you got a 3 or 4 at standard grade. Its basically JUST above Standard Grade credit difficulty. If you get a 5 or a 6, you do Intermediate 1 level. Most schools dont cater for this level on any scale (besides special help sections, etc). Even lower than that is "Access". Ive never heard of anyone doing it, but it exists.

Restrictions
1/ English (at some sort of level)
2/ Maths (at some sort of level, but you can avoid it if you really beg)
3/ Free Choice
4/ Free Choice
5/ Free Choice

Sixth Year you do three or four subjects. Either advanced highers in highers that you got A or B's in, Highers that you did at standard grade but didnt previously pick up, Repeat highers or int2's you failed previously, Crash highers in subjects you didnt do at standard grade (your inclusion is at a teachers discretion, based on previous grades etc).

Restrictions

Almost none. If you are doing 2+ advanced highers, you can choose to only do 3 subjects instead of the advised 4.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 20:03   #7
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Nothing whatsoever like SATs. SATs are just pumped up IQ tests; A levels are exams which test the material youve been studying at school (kind of like the exams youd sit towards at the end of a module at college/uni). Your entrace to university is almost completely determined by your A level results.

Do you have GPA at school level in America, or just at college?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 20:04   #8
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Do you have GPA at school level in America, or just at college?
Both.
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:37   #9
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
One of my good friends did 6 A levels.

And got 6 As.

****ing ****.
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:49   #10
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
to explain it simply:

a-levels are easy

SATS are even easier (apart from getting 800 in that english exam of yours) - Maths SAT 1 is too damn easy. English is considerably harder. The SAT2's are slightly harder. They are more like our A'levels

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:50   #11
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
to explain further you do gcses in a **** load of subjects like 9 or something
9? a **** load? okay, im not the cleverest in my year, but im getting 7 from english/maths/science alone.

English Lang, English Lit, Maths, Statistics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics

then i got

Graphics
French
R.E (religious education) x 2
Social Science
ICT GNVQ (more work than gcse, but double the "points" - and most colleges are using the "points" system to allow people entry)

and i wanted to take german a year early, but ooohhh, nooooo "too much work young lad, you'll be stressed out come to gcse time!"

gcse's are easy. too easy. im taking 13 ffs and i found it easy*

* failure results next thursday
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:53   #12
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by *donkie*
9? a **** load? okay, im not the cleverest in my year, but im getting 7 from english/maths/science alone.

English Lang, English Lit, Maths, Statistics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics

then i got

Graphics
French
R.E (religious education) x 2
Social Science
ICT GNVQ (more work than gcse, but double the "points" - and most colleges are using the "points" system to allow people entry)

and i wanted to take german a year early, but ooohhh, nooooo "too much work young lad, you'll be stressed out come to gcse time!"

gcse's are easy. too easy. im taking 13 ffs and i found it easy*

* failure results next thursday
the maximum amount of GCSE's you should really bother doing is 10 (11 if you bother to include ad maths).

triple science, maths, english lang, english lit, humanity, option, option, language of choice. (and maths ad if wanted)

all those people who do those silly extra courses, are just wasting their time. Oh and P.E, R.E (and similar) should NOT count as GCSE's

Zar

Last edited by Zar; 16 Aug 2003 at 23:30.
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:57   #13
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light
true. pe should not be a gcse. its pants.

but i only took so many coz im clever and i knew it would piss my bro off to no end, because he took 9 and only just scraped getting into college, which im gonna do easily. plus i bore so easily i may as well take all 13 and do it for something to do. if i'd taken 10 i would've died through boredom. repeatedly.
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:59   #14
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
R.E (and similar) should NOT count as GCSE's
RE is as valid a subject as history or geography (as long as RE is not just a euphemism for Christian Studies).
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:00   #15
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
RE is as valid a subject as history or geography (as long as RE is not just a euphemism for Christian Studies).
as easy as geography and history are, they provide certain useful facts, even if you plan to never study anything to do with those subjects again.

R.E on the other hand is pointless. Utterly pointless. It's for religious freaks, and people freaky enough to want to learn about other religions. Also people who want a free GCSE

Zar
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:03   #16
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

you'd be surprised. its not just for "freaks and ppl who want a free gcse"

its also for people who got hearded into the class and told "if you dont do this class, i'll be very dissapointed in you, and take you pc away"

damn parents
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:04   #17
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

oh and it goes without saying. If you don't do the "higher" course for each respective GCSE, you are really wasting your time.

Foundation and intermediate courses, should be aimed at 10 year olds.

Why is the education system in this country so **** - that people do such stupid courses!!! GRRRRR

Zar
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:06   #18
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
that people do such stupid courses!!! GRRRRR

you know you can do a GCSE in citizenship

"yes sir"
"no sir"
"please"
"thankyou"
*helps old granny across the road*

A*
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:09   #19
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
oh and it goes without saying. If you don't do the "higher" course for each respective GCSE, you are really wasting your time.

Foundation and intermediate courses, should be aimed at 10 year olds.

Why is the education system in this country so **** - that people do such stupid courses!!! GRRRRR

Zar
You think people should do 10+ A levels do you? Don't be ridiculous.

Or do you think people should only do maths/physics/biology/chemistry/English?
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:13   #20
Obliterate

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
Oh and P.E, R.E (and similar) should NOT count as GCSE's

Zar
Why on earth not?
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:14   #21
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
Hmm.. made me try to remember my GCSE's now....

1.Maths
2. Science
3. Science
4. Eng Lang
5. Eng Lit (which I really could have coped without)
6. A language (French/German/Spanish, German for me)
7. A Humanity (Geog, History or RE, I did Geog as the lesser of 3 evils, and RE wasnt just christian, I recall studying jews and hebrews in lower years)
8. Option - I 'traded up' to triple science (everone had to do double science no matter what - I was suprised when I heard at some schools you could do single science)
9. Option - Business Studies

and I added a 10th by messing around on the net 1 hour a week after school to get an Information Systems one.

My school was very traditional and didnt do any of the more 'vocational' courses. As I recall the other options avaliable were things like Art, Technology (Cooking, sewing and woodwork) and if you wanted more than one from one of the other sections.

If you wanted to do GCSE PE you had to do it in the 6th form. It wasnt an option at GCSE level. We just got forced to exercise a few times a week. Same with drama as I recall. They wanted us all to go away with useful education.

I did A-Levels, went to uni, and quit a month before my final exams. I dont think thats what they had in mind.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:25   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
R.E on the other hand is pointless. Utterly pointless. It's for religious freaks, and people freaky enough to want to learn about other religions. Also people who want a free GCSE
Theology is a very interesting subject.
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:30   #23
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Tipler?
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:33   #24
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
You think people should do 10+ A levels do you? Don't be ridiculous.

Or do you think people should only do maths/physics/biology/chemistry/English?
why do 10+ a-levels, when i've already established that they are too easy and the courses too over-simplified to be worth anything?

I would be happier if people did 3 a-levels that were reuptable and of assiduous nature

Zar
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 00:13   #25
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt

This is england and wales, the scots, bless them are retards and have 'highers' something noone cares about.
and Northern Ireland...
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 12:59   #26
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i went to a catholic school, RE wasnt an option, it was a 'you do this or you dont come to this school'
not only that but i admitted to the teacher that i was an atheist so she spent 2 years telling me i was going to fail, so i got a B just to annoy her
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 13:09   #27
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I think my GCSEs were/are:
English
English Literature
Maths
'Option' A: History*
'Option' B: Statistics*
Science x 2 (Double Award or something silly)
Technology - Systems and Control
RE (short course, half a GCSE )
GNVQ ICT, of which I passed both tests but didn't hand in any work
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 13:18   #28
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
In finland we have this

I'm not sure if it's at all like a-levels though, this is something i've always wondered.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 14:58   #29
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
i went to a catholic school, RE wasnt an option, it was a 'you do this or you dont come to this school'
not only that but i admitted to the teacher that i was an atheist so she spent 2 years telling me i was going to fail, so i got a B just to annoy her
i wish i was young enough to be at school, and at the same time old enough (mentally) to take the piss out of R.E and religious figures in the school.

We had to do R.E or such until 15. It wasn't a GCSE course, just something on the side (private school rubbish). It wasn't a religious school either, majority of students and their parents were atheist, it was just old school tradition, and in case there were any religious nuts to please.

Still i was pretty naive back then, and although i argued a fair amount with the vicar/r.e teacher, my arguements were often lacking. The older i have gotten the better i am at taking the sheer and utter piss out of religious figureheads.

Screaming at vicars in churches is too boring, because i can't be given a detention (or argue my way out of one either), so the fun is lost.

Shame

Zar
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 15:24   #30
Obliterate

I was under the impression that RE and PE were compulsory subjects at secondary school - but you didn't have to sit GCSEs in them (unless you chose PE as your option or RE as your humanities subject).

I didn't mind PE - but RE was a waste of time. I decided to sit the short course exam, so at least I'd get something out of sitting through 2 years of boringness.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 15:32   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Nope. I haven't done PE since I was 13, and I only did RS shortcourse because you had to do it if you did seperate sciences.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 16:00   #32
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Nope. I haven't done PE since I was 13, and I only did RS shortcourse because you had to do it if you did seperate sciences.
uhm?

by seperate science im assuming you mean triple science right?

i did that but didn't have to do shortcourse R.S

Zar
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 16:02   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
uhm?

by seperate science im assuming you mean triple science right?

i did that but didn't have to do shortcourse R.S

Zar
It was a school timetabling thing. We had two lessons left over each week.

ps triple science sounds ****. Seperate sciences sounds better, because they're, like, seperate.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 16:06   #34
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
It was a school timetabling thing. We had two lessons left over each week.

ps triple science sounds ****. Seperate sciences sounds better, because they're, like, seperate.
uhm, i always thought triple science was the same as seperate science.

you come out of it, with three difference gcse's. ....unlike double where you will take 3 exams and get 2 gcses, or single where take 3 get 1 gcse.

Zar
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 16:10   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
uhm, i always thought triple science was the same as seperate science.

you come out of it, with three difference gcse's. ....unlike double where you will take 3 exams and get 2 gcses, or single where take 3 get 1 gcse.

Zar
It is. It just sounds ****. You know, the name? It's bad?
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 16:11   #36
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
MrL is going for teh win.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 16:14   #37
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
oh i see. sorry am a bit dozy today. work was as tedious as ever
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 16:30   #38
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
, besides I have to get a PHD before Dante

what a fantastic reason for getting your PhD

Quote:

On another note I am amazed at how many people are getting 5 A's at A-level, what the hell are you doing 5 a-levels for? I took three and spent the rest of the time, playing football, learning to play guitar and hanging around talking ****e with my mates. Ahh the days.
i spent 2 years in the pub which is why my A levels are 'dodgy' to say the least
EDIT: still got into UMIST though, so
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 16:31   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
On another note I am amazed at how many people are getting 5 A's at A-level, what the hell are you doing 5 a-levels for? I took three and spent the rest of the time, playing football, learning to play guitar and hanging around talking ****e with my mates. Ahh the days.

I did eight honours leaving cert courses
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 16:40   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I'm sorry I have no idea what that means but you have my sympathies.
It means 'I'm irish, point and laugh'
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 16:50   #41
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
None of it is particularly important.
None of anything is particularly important. We'll all be forgotten soon enough.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 17:13   #42
queball
Ball

Quote:
Yes but on the importance quotient of our lives, birth and death being 100 I would say that A-levels are about 30
I'd put birth and death at 0 and 0. A-levels go somewhere between those two.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 17:15   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
I'd put birth and death at 0 and 0. A-levels go somewhere between those two.
5?