User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jun 2003, 07:03   #51
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
Rick Dangerous. The Amiga varsion had a nifty feature where you could play the game in Black and White and make it seem like you were in the 50s.
Rick dangerous was the bomb, I never did finish the (hidden) lvl 5 in rick dangerous 2

and while we're reminising, is it worth mentioning dizzy? or would that get me shot :/

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 07:36   #52
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: 0n3 n33ds 4 n3w c0mp00ter g4m3

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?!
Am currently playing Morrowind; its pretty good
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 07:45   #53
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
Am currently playing Morrowind; its pretty good
The only way Morrowind would be good is if they introduced cars into the game, and maybe some bikes.

They could then re-name it gta3 and realise that walking half-way across the continent for a fight that involves holding down the mouse button for 2 seconds is quite crap. It's a life-waster.

Instead a new Baldurs Gate-style game is needed - that series is the only rpg I've ever felt was worth playing.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 07:46   #54
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dog
Stuff.
Oh.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 07:50   #55
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
Oh.
You were meant to defend it :(((((
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 08:23   #56
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There is quite a lot of wandering about, but that's true of any RPG; BG2 is unplayable in a reasonable amount of time without the teleport cheat.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 08:58   #57
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy
Rick dangerous was the bomb, I never did finish the (hidden) lvl 5 in rick dangerous 2

and while we're reminising, is it worth mentioning dizzy? or would that get me shot :/
I have a mate who worked for codemasters, and apparently they still get calls from people asking about Dizzy, or suggesting new ideas for Dizzy games. Apparently the QA department just hand the calls over to people they don't like or n00b employees to deal with.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 09:06   #58
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy ++
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 09:07   #59
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
yeap....

actually dizzy really sucked as soon as you could get injured by falling. I know he is an egg and all, but there was nothing better than getting him to fall through loads of screens, and sometimes off the edge, where you could fall past all the wierd buggy places.

Unread 2 Jun 2003, 09:14   #60
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Although it was irritating when you landed in a spider or something and died.

ps.

If he's an egg, go the whole hog and have the game based around him sitting there until, if incubated and fertilised, a chick emerges.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 09:18   #61
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
If he's an egg, go the whole hog and have the game based around him sitting there until, if incubated and fertilised, a chick emerges.
this reminds me of a game that Terry Pratchett wrote about space. basically you are journeying to a star, represented by a point on the screen, and if you sit there for 10,000 years it gets a little bit bigger.

sounds like it could do well, people are going for realism these days.

Unread 2 Jun 2003, 11:00   #62
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
I DOWNLOADED TREASURE ISLAND DIZZY!!!! First time I played it in about twelve years and I STILL CANNOT FIND THE ****ING CAPE THAT LETS YOU FLY! ARGGGGGG! (/me enters the wall of water mmmmmm)
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 11:21   #63
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quake 1 on nightmare.

go!
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 22:53   #64
Tron
GalCiv Enthuisiast

Tron is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're looking for a game with lots of variety but in the same vein as the Master of Orion games, I highly recommend Galactic Civilizations. MOO 3 was very forgettable, but GalCiv succeeded in every respect where MOO 3 failed.

You play as the Terrans, and its you versus 5 other major races, plus 38 or so minor races who you can trade with, fight, invade, etc., but these minor races are incapable of winning the game. You have four different kinds of victories you can achieve - military, technological, alliance, and economic. If you are looking for a killer AI to beat, look no further. The AI system here is insane. You can tweak the AI of the 5 other races to, say, "Fool", all the way up to "Masochistic" difficulty.

Galaxy sizes range from tiny to gigantic, the research tree is huge, etc. I haven't played PA since Round 6 and GalCiv gives me everything I have ever wanted in a game and more. Plan on forking over $35 U.S. or the U.K equivalent.

There is no multiplayer, but that hasn't stopped me from playing it religiously. Check it out.

R3: {141:7:11} Joshua Calvert of Kiint (The Federation)
R4: {9:25:3} Not Without A Delusion of Grandeur (Unity)
R5: {I forget} Cirrhosis of The Liver
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 22:57   #65
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Freelancer A+ game. Shame the MMO online part fell through. It was suppose to be the Wing Commander : Privateer online everyone has been waiting for.

Planetside kicks arse too, or you could reserve HL2
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote