User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 May 2003, 11:43   #1
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
best quotable person ever

I think many dutch will find its Johan Cruijff.
He can make so much sence by not making sence and his oneliners are superb.

example:

Every disadvantage has its advantage

or

Italians cannot beat you but you sure can loose from then.

its a bit hard to translate them into english, but some ppl just have the gift to make the best quotes ever, and JC is one of them
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 11:43   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Kevin Keegan
Unread 20 May 2003, 11:47   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: best quotable person ever

Quote:
Originally posted by sigrid
but some ppl just have the gift to make the best quotes ever, and JC is one of them
Cheers .
Unread 20 May 2003, 11:50   #4
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
of a group: Arnold Rimmer, Dave Lister, Kryten and Cat.

if ever you need an insult, they have it.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 12:13   #5
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Clearly Mohammed Said Al-Sahaf is the winner.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 12:24   #6
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Depends what you mean by "best quotable".

Most often quoted? Person with the most to say? Quotes with most meaning?

I figure Shakespeare has to come high on the list. And Gary Glitter. Maybe Jesus too.
Unread 20 May 2003, 12:53   #7
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Nobody beats Dubya for quotes...

My two favourites...

Interviewer: So, who is President of India?
Bush: I only need to know his top army general.
Interviewer: So what's the general's name?
Bush: I don't know.

and...

"The trouble with imports is that they mostly come from outside of the country."

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 13:00   #8
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
einstein
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 13:09   #9
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Ron Atkinson

"That tackle was so late it arrived yesterday"

Yes, well done Ron.
Unread 20 May 2003, 13:12   #10
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong

"The trouble with imports is that they mostly come from outside of the country."

M.
was it not 'overseas' and wasn't he referring to a lack of import from canada etc?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 13:24   #11
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, but idiots tend to just ignore that.
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 13:27   #12
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by huh
Yeah, but idiots tend to just ignore that.
or people who merely hear it once and assume that it is correct. Given the body of evidence that we have which demonstrates "bush says stupid things" It is not entirely suprising that people assume this to be the case.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 13:29   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Interviewer: So, who is President of India?
Bush: I only need to know his top army general.
Interviewer: So what's the general's name?
Bush: I don't know.
This was a total cheap shot, and the liberal whore who conducted the interview (I think it might have been from the Boston Globe) should be ashamed for stooping so low.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 13:30   #14
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
When someone says "more and more of our imports are coming from overseas", I would assume that is what they meant, rather than thinking "haeahheaheh he thinks imports come from domestic production lol ".
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 15:08   #15
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Prince Phillip.
Unread 20 May 2003, 15:20   #16
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
or people who merely hear it once and assume that it is correct. Given the body of evidence that we have which demonstrates "bush says stupid things" It is not entirely suprising that people assume this to be the case.
True, true. I heard these quotes years ago when he ran for president. Over time I've forgotten the context and possibly the quotes have been corrupted. But come on... he deserves it!

This is a guy who sat for 10 minutes "reading along" with primary school kids, until he realised the book was upside down. Or when he was intently observing protracted military manouvers, with the LENS CAPS on his binoculars. Wasn't it Bush who said "We're confident that Bin Laden is either alive or dead"?

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 15:30   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I thought that binocular thing was a fake. I still agree he's not very smart, but I feel he is getting better at public speeches.

(on topic: Arsene Wenger)
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 15:52   #18
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
I thought that binocular thing was a fake. I still agree he's not very smart, but I feel he is getting better at public speeches.

(on topic: Arsene Wenger)
He is only slightly better than a trained monkey.

But we don't let trained monkeys launch ICBMs.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 16:36   #19
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Keegan all the way baby.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 17:29   #20
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Indeed, http://www.snopes.com/photos/binoculars.asp

All this anti-Bush bollocks is really petty and arrogant.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 17:39   #21
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
man, as if only 1 person has said Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf....clearly he is the best quotable around

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."