User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 17:24   #1
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts
Exclamation The worst advert ever!

I was surfing when a dos box came up,

but it was not, it was a fake dos box made in html, and it went on about hacking and stuff, trying to make you download there net protection software, it even had a fake C:\ prompt, and had a fake windows button on it. HOW FKING DUMB DO THEY THINK WE ARE!

A. Dos does not come up in a internet explorer window

B: There are no windows buttons in dos

C: You can usally type in a command prompt

D: Dos boxes dont have ***FREE*** at the top

and another thing!

At home i get a popup somtimes saying that the ip on screen has been hacked (trying to make me download the ***FREE*** firewall thing again), good, COS ITS NOT MY IP! and again windows errors have pushable buttons and dont come up in
internet explorer boxes.

I know this has been said before but how far will they go to make us download there software?

A good lot of reviews on www.downloads.com is more conviceing than any fake hack message.

these "firewalls" are proboly loaded with spyware, so stick to zonealarm like me

rant over

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 17:30   #2
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The worst advert ever!

Quote:
Originally posted by The General8
these "firewalls" are proboly loaded with spyware, so stick to zonealarm like me
Zone Alarm decided to corrupt my registry (or something nasty like that) so I couldn't access the internet, and simultaneously deleted its own uninstall program so I couldn't fix it.

In conclusion, Zone Alarm is Evil and should be killed.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 17:31   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
had the same ad come up the other day
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 17:32   #4
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
The don't think. They KNOW.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 17:33   #5
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: The worst advert ever!

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
Zone Alarm decided to corrupt my registry (or something nasty like that) so I couldn't access the internet, and simultaneously deleted its own uninstall program so I couldn't fix it.

In conclusion, Zone Alarm is Evil and should be killed.
I think u were hacked m8,

many installs can destory the installs of firewall programmes and antivirus programmes,

Use both anti virus and firwalls and keep them updated.

Quote:

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 17:40   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i bet you installed Kazaa Zoom you daft twat

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 17:41   #7
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: Re: The worst advert ever!

Quote:
I think u were hacked m8,

many installs can destory the installs of firewall programmes and antivirus programmes,

Use both anti virus and firwalls and keep them updated.
Who would hack poor little me?

Oh, and I deleted my Anti Virus program because it kept pestering me to update it.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 17:47   #8
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
i bet you installed Kazaa Zoom you daft twat
if u use kazaa u deserve to be hacked!

Quote:

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 18:14   #9
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
That ad just came up before I saw this thread. Either it's on this forum, or something someone here linked.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 18:36   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Ads are evil.
Hackers are evil*.

*not evil
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 19:49   #11
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I loathe and detest that Bonzai Buddy thing. What sort of sick and twisted mind created that ?

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 19:59   #12
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
That ad just came up before I saw this thread. Either it's on this forum, or something someone here linked.
advice for everyone, get a popup killer the rule (oh but you need to turn it off if you play Pa and wish to post tin poltiks.)
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 20:35   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Get Opera 7 with the "Do not show unrequested popups" feature.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 21:14   #14
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Zone Alarm Pro *registered version (as in paid for)

Is a resonably good entry-level firewall.

Hardware is the only real way upwards
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 23:01   #15
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by nickhall
advice for everyone, get a popup killer the rule (oh but you need to turn it off if you play Pa and wish to post tin poltiks.)
That's why I don't use it..

Damn PA popups
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 23:38   #16
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
i have some freeware lunix one on the box with the blueyonder connection which acts as a proxy server

it works fine, as they hit a linux box and say "CBA doesnt have windows, my script kiddie program doesnt work with linux"

i hope anyway, all computers have up to date virus checkers on them

WHICH IS ESSENTIAL
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 02:41   #17
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't seen a popup window in ages on this comp.

only on the school ones where IE is forced upon us
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 02:50   #18
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: The worst advert ever!

Quote:
I was surfing when a dos box came up,

but it was not, it was a fake dos box made in html, and it went on about hacking and stuff, trying to make you download there net protection software, it even had a fake C:\ prompt, and had a fake windows button on it. HOW FKING DUMB DO THEY THINK WE ARE!

A. Dos does not come up in a internet explorer window

B: There are no windows buttons in dos

C: You can usally type in a command prompt

D: Dos boxes dont have ***FREE*** at the top

and another thing!

At home i get a popup somtimes saying that the ip on screen has been hacked (trying to make me download the ***FREE*** firewall thing again), good, COS ITS NOT MY IP! and again windows errors have pushable buttons and dont come up in
internet explorer boxes.

I know this has been said before but how far will they go to make us download there software?

A good lot of reviews on www.downloads.com is more conviceing than any fake hack message.

rant over
So if it looked just like a DOS box, and had the correct IP, you would buy their product?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 02:59   #19
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the one that says "Your computer has an IP address!!!"
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 13:17   #20
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
So if it looked just like a DOS box, and had the correct IP, you would buy their product?
i wouldnt as i know its possible to create such a image

Personally i like the YOUR TIME IS NOT CORRECT one
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 13:22   #21
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
I hate explaining to my parents about popups... they keep asking me if they are being hacked or something.... then I explain it all to them, and within 48 hours they ask me again....

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 13:26   #22
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Xillah
I like the one that says "Your computer has an IP address!!!"
That always amuses me. Sadly I'd guess the majority of .net users get scared sensless by that.

I use Sygate Personal Firewall... makes Zone Alarm look like a toy.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 13:47   #23
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
i use iptables, makes windows firewalls look like a pile of gash

(actually that doesnt hold true for a great reason, but it spoils my argument so im not gonna give it..)

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 13:28   #24
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
nah i have adequate protection.

Quote: