User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Nov 2002, 22:30   #1
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
[uk] So who's watching channel four at 23.45 then?

Gunther von Hagens public autospy of a 72 year-old man performed this evening in a gallery in London will be televised on Channel four at 23.45. I for one will be watching, out of sheer morbid curiosity and interest. I've always had an interest in how things work, I did A Level Biology so I have kind of a good idea, but I'm no medical student so to see things in situ, as it were, will be most interesting.

What are your thought's and opinions on this? What do you think of the Bodyworlds exhibition? Do you think it is morally right for the professor to do this sort of thing in public?

Reference/Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2493291.stm

Last edited by Belgarath The Sorcerer; 20 Nov 2002 at 22:38.
Belgarath The Sorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 22:36   #2
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
He'll be arrested as soon as the first cut is made for performing an autopsy without a licence. Kinda dull really.

[edit]As for the ethical side of things, I see no problem with it. Maybe a few people will learn something and that can't be a bad thing.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 22:38   #3
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
He'll be arrested as soon as the first cut is made for performing an autopsy without a licence. Kinda dull really.
That tell's me that you haven't clicked the link to the BBC website, the autopsy was completed succesfully.
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 22:38   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer

That tell's me that you haven't clicked the link to the BBC website, the autopsy was completed succesfully.
DOh

That'll teach me to listen to radio 5
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 22:39   #5
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
He'll be arrested as soon as the first cut is made. Kinda dull really.

Thats at least half the fun. When do the police storm the building and liberate the dead guy? Will the derranged German "doctor" put up a fight? Will the dead guy come back to life, and proceed to devour the horrified onlookers?

I for one shall be watching, merely to see if any of my predictions come true.
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 22:41   #6
Androme

I think it's pretty cool - I've been to the exhibition and some I've seen there like a sliced man's chest was although slightly disturbing, (my first thoughts was that he has taken the bodies/parts w/o permission) pretty cool as I had never seen anything like it in Biology so (:
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 22:41   #7
Jammers

Quote:

you're supposed to put a spoiler alert on such things. How would you feel if I suddenly revealed that Die Another Day reveals Sean Connery to be James Bonds father?
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 22:43   #8
Androme

Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers

you're supposed to put a spoiler alert on such things. How would you feel if I suddenly revealed that Die Another Day reveals Sean Connery to be James Bonds father?
Click Here
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 22:52   #9
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers

I'd say that it is well known that James Bond is an orphan.
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 22:55   #10
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

orphans have parents too you know
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 23:00   #11
Jammers

Quote:

I know, they were killed in a climbing accident. I was merely illustrating a point.
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 23:11   #12
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [uk] So who's watching channel four at 23.45 then?

I think deranged germans should stick do doing this sort of stuff in germany so we can laugh at them on Eurotrash

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 00:07   #13
BuddhistPunk

BuddhistPunk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Gunther von Hagens public autospy of a 72 year-old man performed this evening in a gallery in London will be televised on Channel four at 23.45. I for one will be watching, out of sheer morbid curiosity and interest. I've always had an interest in how things work, I did A Level Biology so I have kind of a good idea, but I'm no medical student so to see things in situ, as it were, will be most interesting.

What are your thought's and opinions on this? What do you think of the Bodyworlds exhibition? Do you think it is morally right for the professor to do this sort of thing in public?

AWESOME!!!

I fully admit that my desire to watch this is solely driven by morbid curiosity.

For some reason I thought it was on at 19:00 on Channel 4, and had unfortunatly forgotten about it. Only to hear on the 22:00 news that it was a success.
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 00:16   #14
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I'll be watching it. Unfortunately, Channel 4 over here is NBC. So I guess I won't.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 16:19   #15
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I only saw the first half of it, but it wasn't any more disguting and/or educational than skinning a dead lamb/fox/whatever. I fell asleep.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 16:56   #16
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Re: Re: [uk] So who's watching channel four at 23.45 then?

Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming

I only saw the first half of it, but it wasn't any more disguting and/or educational than skinning a dead lamb/fox/whatever. I fell asleep.
I watched all of it. I didn't find it disgusting/gruesome in the slightest, and to hear people on the radio today saying stuff like "I nearly got up and walked out at one point" made me laugh. The body was pickled and plastinated, so this meant there was no blood - so it wasn't all that gory to watch.
I think channel four could have been braver and shown certain procedures in more detail, for instance when the Professor sawed off the top of the skull, we only saw a wide angle shot from about 15ft away.
On the whole it was quite interesting for a layman, but I would like to see a proper autopsy done, just out of scientific curiosty you understand.
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 17:01   #17
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: [uk] So who's watching channel four at 23.45 then?

Quote:

I watched all of it. I didn't find it disgusting/gruesome in the slightest, and to hear people on the radio today saying stuff like "I nearly got up and walked out at one point" made me laugh. The body was pickled and plastinated, so this meant there was no blood - so it wasn't all that gory to watch.
I think channel four could have been braver and shown certain procedures in more detail, for instance when the Professor sawed off the top of the skull, we only saw a wide angle shot from about 15ft away.
On the whole it was quite interesting for a layman, but I would like to see a proper autopsy done, just out of scientific curiosty you understand.
Next time I skin a fox I'll film it for you, ok?
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 17:02   #18
Sardaukar
Shallow

Sardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of light
heh i remember seeing a rabbit being skinned when i was like 5

"just taking his PJ's off"

8 Arrakiss 1:2:2 1869 26.837.330

Planetarion -> Psytrance Cmon guys its easy
Sardaukar is offline   Reply With Quote