User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Aug 2005, 13:47   #1
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
[Discuss] In gal attacks

You know the situation - your in a gal which has someone you dont like - you dont want to waste the exhile costs and they dont want to spend money to be exhiled. The only way (I can see) for it to be abused is via buddy packs, but then again they can be abused by having a farm and then another planet in gal seeing if the get def (so they dont have to JGP). Maybe could only be ordered by a GC or in similar fashion to an exhile vote. Could have a lower cap value / different bash limits.

Discuss away!
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 14:09   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [Discuss] In gal attacks

No :/

Just pay the exile or live with it, dont start ingal wars as well..

People who are of a hostile alliance will just get roided ingal for no reason also..
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 14:43   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I would use the search button and post the urls and say read all the other threads with the same thing init but I cant be bothered and will just say a big fat NO to the idea.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 16:32   #4
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

I would then point out to you noah02 that I did that and didnt find anything
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 16:40   #5
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Ingal attacks? Would you completly drive away our sleep? what kind of sadist are you.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 16:53   #6
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
I would then point out to you noah02 that I did that and didnt find anything
i would then point out you didnt look hard enough

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...laxy+attacking

Unread 26 Aug 2005, 16:54   #7
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Maybe it could be added as a "Havoc Special" thing, a la Galaxy Roids
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 17:36   #8
noah02
The Original Terran

i think this runs into the same sorta lines.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...ht=gal+attacks

Unread 26 Aug 2005, 17:57   #9
Zero
uber pe0n

Zero will become famous soon enoughZero will become famous soon enough

if ingal attacks were introduced there would be a massive increase in xp whoreing and well organised gals would never lose many roids.

what i mean is if planet A has incoming which he, nor his alliance/gal can cover, then he would just need to find someone in his gal with pods free to wave him a couple of times (assuming it is still eta 5 ingal) and the planet attacking planet A would get much fewer roids. Then all planet A would have to do would be to send pods at the people ingal "borrowing" the roids to get them back.

e.g. say planet A has 1000 roids and has incoming eta7 which is uncoverable. he manages to get 2 ingal waves on him before the attacker can land (eta5 and eta5+1) so when the attacker lands he wont be capping off a 1000 roid planet but a 550 roid planet significantly reducing the amount planet A loses

And thats how to abuse ingal attacking
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 19:58   #10
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No, this is how to abuse in-gal attacking.

You get your flatmate who doesn't play PA to sign up a separate account and buddy-pack with you. You get the gal fund to donate him resources, and every couple of days he initiates some roids, one tick before your pods 'accidentally' land at his planet.

We in the business call this farming, and it got banned, oh, 3 years ago?
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 20:28   #11
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

First round i ever played was with ingal attacks, ended up taking out my gc & moc (only 2 ministers)
but thank god it ain't possible anymore ^^

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 21:16   #12
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

In gal attacks would take away one of the best aspects of this game: getting to know your galaxy and learn to trust them etc, because that would be impossible with gal attacks possible. Worst case it could destroy part of the community because no-one dares trust eachother any more.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 12:07   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Has anyone anything in favour to say of this, before it's declined?
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 12:19   #14
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

nope
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 12:28   #15
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Has anyone anything in favour to say of this, before it's declined?
The only benefit of permitting in-gal attacks would be to permit the old fashioned intragalactic war over who is the GC and so on. Make it a war for political domination of your galaxy. Tbh, this is a better situation than how in-gal fighting (if it occurs, i might add) works now - there one alliance pillages the enemy planets in your gal, and their alliance retalliates and its like war by proxy.

And its quite pathetic too...

But that is the only advantage i see with the system. War over GC/ministerial positions used to mean alot back in the day, as GCs had 10% additonal resources (which is ALOT), and ministers (moc) had 5% which is still significant. Also, once you were in a gal that was it - unless you deleted and started again (and the likelihood that you would land in the same gal was tiny back then, heh). Both of these things have changed hence, and so to a large extent in-gal politics doesnt matter anymore.

Maybe something better would be a 5% resource bonus for GC and 2 or 3% for the ministers, to bring back the glory days of in-gal politics yet without the blight of farming etc at the same time.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote