User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Aug 2006, 12:36   #1
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all
So Stealing ETAs

Its really knit-picking and im aware theres other problems that need improving vastly before this is even looked upon. But why as a zik do you steal something then it returns the same eta as the original fleet. Below is an example:

I send my DE fleet (Buccs) to defend vs a BS incoming on an alliance mate.

The attacker lands and i lose some buccs but also steal some BS

My fleet then returns home at the DE ETA as opposed to the BS ETA even though it has BS class ships in the same fleet.

It wouldnt make *much* difference to anything within the game, but it just made me wonder
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 13:24   #2
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
Re: So Stealing ETAs

cos theres only 3 fleet slots
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 14:04   #3
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by themast
cos theres only 3 fleet slots
What a stupid and totally irrelevant answer.

Clearly it cannot be that hard to simply increase eta for that returning fleet by the required amount?
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 15:02   #4
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

because its probably additional coding that is not that much relevant.
Its only important your ETA TO somewhere.
From somewhere its rather inconvenience...

Do i agree with you on the topic ? Yes.

Do i think its important enough for someone to waste their time on it recoding it (and maybe lots of it too) ? NO, there are more relevant issues that need to be fixed (as usual)...

i cannot give anymore negrep to themast
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 15:16   #5
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Ideally the return ETA should ideally always be calculated after battle.

If a Cathaar sends CO as fake CR and loses the 1 CR ship slowing the fleet down, then surely the return ETA should be faster as well?
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 19:08   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
If a Cathaar sends CO as fake CR and loses the 1 CR ship slowing the fleet down, then surely the return ETA should be faster as well?
Yes, and I agree.

I'm sure it used to be like this, perhaps someone buggered up the code again