User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 1 Jan 2006, 00:47   #1
rasputini
Love monkey

rasputini is an unknown quantity at this point
History Additions

I think that the fleet histories, both launched and incoming, should have added columns for landed and roids gained/lost. Both could be yes/no (as in covert op success) or the roid column could include the roid number.

The landing column would provide you a lot of information for relatively little db space. You could know the people that fake attack a alot, the planets you attack that get def, and much more.

The roids gained/lost column would identify successful attacks and defenses, as well as those idiots out there that don't get scans (or where your distorters were obviously successful).
rasputini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 01:01   #2
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts
Re: History Additions

statistics is fun could even have total login time too well a summary in history would be nice with how many times you attacked and deffed roids gained and loosed etc
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 02:58   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I agree it would be intersting to show roid gain/losses, but the question is where do you stop? Should we add ship losses totals too? Why not just include links to the full battle reports? Then you could click on a historical event and see the full result of the attack/defense.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 19:57   #4
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Be nice to add some of the details that sandmans holds.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 14:35   #5
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
I agree it would be intersting to show roid gain/losses, but the question is where do you stop? Should we add ship losses totals too? Why not just include links to the full battle reports? Then you could click on a historical event and see the full result of the attack/defense.

that would take up to much datebase space if every battle report was saved
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 15:24   #6
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by themast
that would take up to much datebase space if every battle report was saved
Exactly the point I was trying to make, adding too much to the history page would drive the data base programmer nuts, keeping it simple is a good idea imo.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 01:30   #7
Bromcrysal
We are but Men... ROCK!

Bromcrysal has a spectacular aura aboutBromcrysal has a spectacular aura aboutBromcrysal has a spectacular aura about

Actually, this seems like a good Idea to me... But just the info about whether the attack landed or not. just one more column.

Maybe something like:

Recalled
yes
yes
no
no

and so on. that would really help in figuring out what planets recall thier attacks on you at the drop of a hat... and what planets you have attacked have a tendency to get defence. Of course, it's entirely possible that I don't know what I'm talking about