User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jul 2005, 20:17   #101
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: round 14 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I see you have been taken through 1up Propaganda school. I will repeat myself until everyone get tired of hearing it. NoS did not do anything last round that we didnt tell NoS planned on doing.

But what I have seen from what you guys did in NewDawn, both with the situation about the napping with a named enemy of NoS and the treatment og gEnEsiS you did last round, I have no problems telling you that last round NewDawn didnt have that grip you claim me to get. Get yourself a grip.

No wonder you left NewDawn.
christ, you act like we hung the G-II players out in town square and beat them repeatedly with boards or something. The G-II players were mostly inactive, ET never plays a planet, he performs a thankless service, and his loss to ND will be felt in that they will need to find a new way to organize their tools/information, however, they will, and life will go on. The G-II guys were inactive and allthough some of them have friends in ND and will be missed, it's no great loss, and if they say different they are full of shit... the ND walls won't come crumbling down because of it, life will go on. It hasn't been here since round 1 for no reason. The ND players in positions of authority are good people, and they will get it done. They lost a few players... here's a newsflash.. that happens every round..They still have a hell of a good defense team, good BC's and an HC that knows the game and has their shit together... Not quite sure why everyone seems to want to write ND off so early, because there's a very good chance that they will smack the snot out of a lot of alliances in round 14.

Furthermore, NoS napping the universe (and Exi in particular )was done BEFORE ND/1up/HR/WP and company decided to cooperate vs Exi/LCH/ToT, don't try to blow smoke up everyone's ass and tell it some other way, because it just isn't true.

As for why I left ND, well that's none of your business, and your certainly not an authority on my thoughts, intents, and actions

as for NoS doing what they said they would do.... no, they didn't tell anyone they were going to screw their allies and nap with enemies...sorry

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 13 Jul 2005 at 20:30.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 02:32   #102
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk

As for why I left ND, well that's none of your business, and your certainly not an authority on my thoughts, intents, and actions

As you seem like an expert on NoS politics I just thought I could be an external expert on your opinion and politics without knowing anything about what is really going on with you. Just like you did/do with NoS round 13.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 03:10   #103
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
As you seem like an expert on NoS politics I just thought I could be an external expert on your opinion and politics without knowing anything about what is really going on with you. Just like you did/do with NoS round 13.

doesn't take an expert to see what NoS pulled last round...
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 05:31   #104
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
you may want to elaborate, as I haven't posted a negative word against ND. My post merely reflected the idea that the person who posted what I referred to has absolutely no clue what ND, or 1up has planned politically for round 14

can always attack you though Squids =)

You won't be able to ducky! I'm always too small \o/

I took your post to mean: while you were in ND, the 1up/ND thing was a good thing for both sides. And now, as 1up, you say "we don't need ND". Misread by me maybe? O_o No matter though.

No, you haven't stated a negative thing. One of the few that haven't around here it seems
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 06:00   #105
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
You won't be able to ducky! I'm always too small \o/

I took your post to mean: while you were in ND, the 1up/ND thing was a good thing for both sides. And now, as 1up, you say "we don't need ND". Misread by me maybe? O_o No matter though.

No, you haven't stated a negative thing. One of the few that haven't around here it seems
naa, I simply meant that in my time in ND command, both alliances could have done fine working independantly, we just chose not to, common ground, good working relationship... same applies now I'm sure.

When I was HC in ND, I always favored working along side 1up, we seemed to have common enemies, they had good players and Officers, so it was logical that we chew the same dirt, so to speak... but I believe both could have done their own thing effectively..as a matter of fact, for the majority of round 12, as you'll recall, both did...we didn't expand on the NAP until the second half of round 12.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 06:30   #106
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I see you have been taken through 1up Propaganda school. I will repeat myself until everyone get tired of hearing it. NoS did not do anything last round that we didnt tell NoS planned on doing.

But what I have seen from what you guys did in NewDawn, both with the situation about the napping with a named enemy of NoS and the treatment og gEnEsiS you did last round, I have no problems telling you that last round NewDawn didnt have that grip you claim me to get. Get yourself a grip.

No wonder you left NewDawn.
'lo. remember me?

1. Very true. I'll admit that fully. You did what you said you'd do. The US said they'd storm Iraq. Japan said they'd hit the states about 61 years ago. Doesn't mean that it's a good thing.

2. Let's see. Ally we had a great deal of fun working with all of a sudden starts sleeping with the enemy. Hrm {not your enemy etc. yeah yeah}

So, now that you believe to be a complete expert on what happened internally with gEnEsiS, I'd like to formally invite you to 'enlighten' me as to how it went. Guess I'm no expert on the inner affairs of ND, so I'd best learn from the master. Let me know exactly how you think he was treated.

I'm glad you're able to assume ND are a bunch of cnuts based on one expelling of a BC with an interesting sense of priority, but I think you're reading a wee bit much into it.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 11:12   #107
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

\o/ i can smell a fist fight coming soon
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 14:23   #108
Mr Person
Bloke

Mr Person is a jewel in the roughMr Person is a jewel in the roughMr Person is a jewel in the roughMr Person is a jewel in the rough

Unfortunately the bad feelings against NoS spread quite a long way. Whether or not we were right to feel it, almost all of the officers within ToF also felt betrayed, and many were champing at the bit to dump the nap and hit NoS (lo coffee).

Personally I would like to see the politics more or less reset for next round, but I doubt my fellow HCs feel the same. Sorry NoS, but your plan didn't go down too well this side of the border either (guess you knew that already )

ToF forever
Mr Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 15:23   #109
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Person
Unfortunately the bad feelings against NoS spread quite a long way. Whether or not we were right to feel it, almost all of the officers within ToF also felt betrayed, and many were champing at the bit to dump the nap and hit NoS (lo coffee).

Personally I would like to see the politics more or less reset for next round, but I doubt my fellow HCs feel the same. Sorry NoS, but your plan didn't go down too well this side of the border either (guess you knew that already )

ahh well tbh all this slinging mud at NoS is unfair, i will educate you, there are 2 sides to a NAP(seamingly atm the NoS side and the other side, but thats beside the point), its ok to blame NoS for NAPing their way up the charts so to speak but you guys also agreed to the NAP's dont forget, if you are really that annoyed you can always cancel the NAP and kick their ass, but i didnt see many ppl doing that tbh. maybe it suited both sides for NoS not to have incs, and for yourself not to have incs from the 3rd biggest alliance (at one point), funny i smell as much cowardace in your camp as in NoS's.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 15:51   #110
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
ahh well tbh all this slinging mud at NoS is unfair, i will educate you, there are 2 sides to a NAP(seamingly atm the NoS side and the other side, but thats beside the point), its ok to blame NoS for NAPing their way up the charts so to speak but you guys also agreed to the NAP's dont forget, if you are really that annoyed you can always cancel the NAP and kick their ass, but i didnt see many ppl doing that tbh. maybe it suited both sides for NoS not to have incs, and for yourself not to have incs from the 3rd biggest alliance (at one point), funny i smell as much cowardace in your camp as in NoS's.
I find it idd overly amusing that most posters from ND, LCH, 1up etc ... complain about NOS's napping policy. Their alliance ACCEPTED the NAP and AGREED to it. Shouldn't you like ask for an explanation to your OWN HC rather then to NOS?

It makes no sence that e.g. an ND member whines at NOS for napping but never asked his own HC why on earth they'd nap nos ...

If you don't like the policy and or politics of your alliance, then nothing stops you from leaving them.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 16:51   #111
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
'lo. remember me?

1. Very true. I'll admit that fully. You did what you said you'd do. The US said they'd storm Iraq. Japan said they'd hit the states about 61 years ago. Doesn't mean that it's a good thing.

2. Let's see. Ally we had a great deal of fun working with all of a sudden starts sleeping with the enemy. Hrm {not your enemy etc. yeah yeah}

So, now that you believe to be a complete expert on what happened internally with gEnEsiS, I'd like to formally invite you to 'enlighten' me as to how it went. Guess I'm no expert on the inner affairs of ND, so I'd best learn from the master. Let me know exactly how you think he was treated.

I'm glad you're able to assume ND are a bunch of cnuts based on one expelling of a BC with an interesting sense of priority, but I think you're reading a wee bit much into it.
1: I belive you are putting your foot where your mouth is.

2: Go sleep with Barbra Streisand

The case around gEnEsiS you know perfectly well, and I dont want to clogg this thread with another offtopic discussion.

To bring the topic back on track: I predict this round to be one of the most open one EVER in Planetarion. I was looking over the last review of the alliances playing round 14 and I spotted atleast 16-17 alliances that could possibly make it into top 10. So this is gonna be a very interesting round. My top 5 Suggestion: 1: Angels 2: LCH 3: Hydra 4: 1up 5: NoS
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 16:52   #112
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I find it idd overly amusing that most posters from ND, LCH, 1up etc ... complain about NOS's napping policy. Their alliance ACCEPTED the NAP and AGREED to it. Shouldn't you like ask for an explanation to your OWN HC rather then to NOS?

It makes no sence that e.g. an ND member whines at NOS for napping but never asked his own HC why on earth they'd nap nos ...

If you don't like the policy and or politics of your alliance, then nothing stops you from leaving them.
I was ND HC, we chose to have some integrity and keep our word... that's not a bad thing
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 17:04   #113
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

And NoS kept their word. They didnt attack ND, 1up, Sin, or ToF.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 17:13   #114
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:

Yep. True enough. But duck and others were a fan of the whole honor+integrity thing.

After having to deal with FaNG, and Ecl/ToT folk in earlier rounds {was still fun though } I've kind of not really cared quite so much about rigid relations {Hence why I had a go at angels for handing things on a silver platter to exil} Different groups, different priorities I guess.

And kargool dearest... I did not put my foot in my mouth. I don't have feet =/ Merely tentacles. And they're not in my mouth either. "I'm going to go beat the stuffing out of a random person at the bus stop today" . "Saying that I'm going to do it makes me completely protected from all verbal retaliation or court prosecution" That's exactly how it works.

NoS said they'd do it, and now we've got silly folk like Xy who can't seem to figure out why I and others are having a go at them.

2. Well... tbh, not really my type. The whole being old and stuff.

And yes, you're right. I know the case with gEnEsiS decently enough. And given his comments, choices, and actions at the time, I agree with his kicking. Apparently you're missing some of the picture here Kargool, or you would not be agreeing with his self-absorbed, holier-than-thou attitude and actions. {continue this in pm}
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 18:08   #115
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was ND HC, we chose to have some integrity and keep our word... that's not a bad thing
And I respect that. Angels kept their word with the nap with Exi aswell, while everyone else was practically begging us to drop it.
But I just think that pple should first point to their OWN command rather then another alliance, cause that's rather cheap imo.

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Jul 2005, 18:25   #116
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
And I respect that. Angels kept their word with the nap with Exi aswell, while everyone else was practically begging us to drop it.
But I just think that pple should first point to their OWN command rather then another alliance, cause that's rather cheap imo.

I remember you wanting to drop the NAP with Exi at various times during the round as well so you really shouldnt be discussing the whole honor thingy here.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 18:34   #117
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Still sore about that Bashar?
roflmao
I'm not sore, I made a simple point, and one that is valid. NoS did not aim for the same things as 1up or LCH, their goals were different, therefore, comparing NoS and 1up or NoS and LCH is a very misleading thing to do. I never said NoS was shit, I didn't say anything bad about NoS, I simply said they played a different round, and that they were not able to be used as a comparison because of that. You NoS people seem to be searching for reasons to feel hard-done by, there was no malice in my post, no jealousy (as someone who clearly didn't understand my post negrepped me with) and nothing that was anti-NoS. Saying that you NAP'd/Allied everyone who could cause you some grief is a simple observation, it happened, intentionally or not and for whatever reasons, it was a fact of the round.

Some of you really need to stop feeling so insecure about yourselves.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 19:17   #118
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

hehe, didnt negrep you, but found your first post implying just what you declined here. No worries.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 03:07   #119
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

remove the honour / integrety aspect from pa and u ll get a much more fluid / fun round.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 08:01   #120
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I disagree, remove honour and integrity and everyone is always looking over their shoulders, and nobody can trust anyone else, and people will leave as they feel hard done by.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 08:45   #121
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
I remember you wanting to drop the NAP with Exi at various times during the round as well so you really shouldnt be discussing the whole honor thingy here.
Do it in private, I have no desire to fight with another Angels here on the boards.

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Jul 2005, 08:49   #122
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
I disagree, remove honour and integrity and everyone is always looking over their shoulders, and nobody can trust anyone else, and people will leave as they feel hard done by.
Indeed, a war without any from of honour also means a war without any proudness. IF you have no honour and never play with honour and respect to your enemies, I don't think you can experience any feelings of proudness when you eventually beat them.

Edit: Thx Phil for correcting my poor English, it is idd "pride" and I don't know at what point I decided that "proudness" is a word that exists

FA Gaming community

Last edited by Kjeldoran; 15 Jul 2005 at 09:18.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 09:06   #123
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Kjel get your facts straight.

Show me a post here by a LCH member/HC that flames NOS.

You should know by now we are not a flaming alliance
We fight in the game not on forums.

I would like to thank Duck for starting this thread, its a lot of fun reading it.
Its good to see others think they know what alliances do or did then the HCs of those alliances.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 09:14   #124
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
you are a bit of a twit really, by flaming your own angels alliance mate.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 09:15   #125
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Kjel get your facts straight.

Show me a post here by a LCH member/HC that flames NOS.

You should know by now we are not a flaming alliance
We fight in the game not on forums.

I would like to thank Duck for starting this thread, its a lot of fun reading it.
Its good to see others think they know what alliances do or did then the HCs of those alliances.
I just named some alliances, I'm sorry if I mentioned LCH while I was wrong. My apologies for that and you very well know I have no intentions to harm the image of LCH, heck I've been a member ... remember?

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Jul 2005, 09:31   #126
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I remember you declaring war on 1up.

Anyway if we are going to look at dropping the nap with exi, then lets do so. As an alliance angels could of won the round. Exilition were big enough to handle themselves, so I think in fact if you would of listened to kj Angels probably could of gained a whole lot more respect off the community. Rather than settle for #2, you could of got #1 I am in no doubt that Angels would have achieved it as well, however what stopped Angels from reaching there full potential is you dear Fyodor and people like you. Dropping the nap with exi last round would of added spice and flare to the game and perhaps would not associate Angels with the tarnished* name that is Exilition.

*Tarnished in the sense people dont like you, even though you are good players etc.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 10:03   #127
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
And NoS kept their word. They didnt attack ND, 1up, Sin, or ToF.
I got hit by NoS.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 10:05   #128
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

If angels had attacked eX, win or lose, they would have gotten a lot of respect from it.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 10:07   #129
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
no, imo it is quite possible to exit a preformed arrangement with honour and integrity intact, example of how i think it could have gone :

"hellooo mr NoS HC, due to circumstances of the round, we have decided that a NAP no longer suits our interests, i am giving you notice that 24 hours from now our NAP will no longer be in effect"

^^ dont quite understand how that has a lack of honour or integrity, just it would take balls to say that to an organised, effective unit and you seam to be missing yours.

TBH im fairly sure it could have ended without hard feelings, when vision left the exil/LCH block last round, we spoke to representatives of all the alliances explaining why the current situation could not continue, and we all walked away happily.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 10:22   #130
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
If angels had attacked eX, win or lose, they would have gotten a lot of respect from it.
If we would have lost and waste all what we built up during the round ... then I don't think the "extra respect" would have compensated for me personally.

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Jul 2005, 10:23   #131
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Exactly what Im saying. But at least Kj didnt force his fellow HC into a decision and did respect the nap, unlike certain other HC *cough* Fyodor *cough* who declared war without the whole HCs teams knowledge. Oh to be Fyodor.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 11:19   #132
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
And stagnated rounds havent made people leave pa. PLZ!.

I dont mean that u should backstab ur closest m8s..but a nap / alliance doesnt have to last entire rounds.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 11:31   #133
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'd choose doing what's best for your alliance and your members above getting a lot of respect from the community anytime. This ofcourse does not mean the two have to rule out one another, they can easily go hand-in-hand.

I feel doing what's best for you and your alliance should be priority #1 at all times. The universe, respect, other alliances, and outsiders which you like should always come second place, at highest.

For hirr (atleast the time I was there / HC'ing), our goal always has been to have fun. This surely lead to crazy, sometimes not entirely respected decisions during the rounds (the countless posts telling a lemmingrun ruins everything we've built up that round and the negative replies we recieved when in R10 we decided to join NoS for the in-game tag). However, personally I can tell I've always acted out of what I myself, and the rest of the HC, considered to be best for the members. Surely we've made mistakes, we all have. Personally however, I feel that if you play a round solely based on what your alliance wants and what you want for your alliance, it's been a good round, no matter the outcome.

The way NoS, and in the past Dingo, handled politics may be flamed at times, but atleast (from my point of view) they did exactly what they thought to be best for their alliance. Aslong as that's the case, I won't flame them for any of it. (And don't throw in the 'so keeping allied which leads to stagnation is good?'-crap, cause we all know stagnation isn't fun for your own alliance, therefore not in the best interest of your alliance).
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 12:14   #134
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook
I'd choose doing what's best for your alliance and your members above getting a lot of respect from the community anytime.
#1 comment on AD throughout all times! Winner
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 12:22   #135
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I got hit by NoS.
And I got hit by 1up, SiNND and ToF. Only accidents though, but ToF performed many accidents
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 12:24   #136
SimbaX
Can't Touch This

SimbaX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think using NoS's 'success' (if you want to risk calling it that at this stage)
well finishing much higher than the previous round isnt a success to most then?
grapes and sour come to mind

-flame away.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 12:27   #137
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
stuff
While playing a round solely dependant on what you think most of your members would like can make a round quite fun for your alliances members, it often does damage to the game. Wether it be longer periods of stagnation, lack of fights for victory or an unbalanced fight due to your actions. These either breed dislike and a 'hard done by' feeling from players or general boredom for the playerbase.

Why does this matter you might say? Planetarion is struggling and while people say 'We care about the games future' very few seem to actually concider it and balance it into decision making during a round. Planetarion needs more fluid and open rounds, it also needs players to make an effort to keep the rounds interesting. No-one will ask for an alliance to selflessly play for the benefit of the game, just balance their alliances interests with that of the game.

If you look at the game from the perspective of its future and how to have fun and make the game a better place playing for your alliances members only is actually quite selfish. I do not expect many people to see eye to eye with me of course, most people are too short sighted to see the longterm benefits of a more successful game for themselves.

Im sure people with have lots of interesting opinions now, isnt relativity fun.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 12:30   #138
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
If you look at the game from the perspective of its future and how to have fun and make the game a better place playing for your alliances members only is actually quite selfish.
No matter what alliance it is, it is supposed to be selfish in order to give what's best for its members. It's a war-game, not a charity-game made by the Red Cross.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 12:45   #139
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
"hellooo mr NoS HC, due to circumstances of the round, we have decided that a NAP no longer suits our interests, i am giving you notice that 24 hours from now our NAP will no longer be in effect"
Totally agree, NoS should have been battered last round.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 13:02   #140
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'd choose doing what's best for your alliance and your members above getting a lot of respect from the community anytime.
You could also be choosing between doing whats best for your alliance and doing what is overall better for your alliance/the game/gains you respect. Which is better? That very much depends on what type of person you are, wether you are short/long sighted (mentally) etc and probably lots of other things I dont know about.

Choices are as simple or complicated as your own mind makes them. I personally do not hold much respect for people that make choices overly simple.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 13:03   #141
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Totally agree, NoS should have been battered last round.
The first thing you should have done is pm'ing your own HC asking them not to nap NOS in the first place. Maybe then and ONLY then can you point a finger to the rest for not bashing NOS (as if all alliances play to make sure ND has a good round nway ...)

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Jul 2005, 13:11   #142
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
You could also be choosing between doing whats best for your alliance and doing what is overall better for your alliance/the game/gains you respect. Which is better? That very much depends on what type of person you are, wether you are short/long sighted (mentally) etc and probably lots of other things I dont know about.

Choices are as simple or complicated as your own mind makes them. I personally do not hold much respect for people that make choices overly simple.
tbh I FULLY agree and support the statement Hook made. I play this game for Angels, nobody and nothing else. If you wanna judge the person I because of this then be my guest, just don't forget it's a game and we, the customers, pay for it.

P.S. If a Formula 1 team pays to race in the tournament (yes they have to pay for it) then they don't give a fk about the tournament and everything around it. They care about their car and their drivers and the publicity/money they make (if they do).

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Jul 2005, 13:27   #143
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The first thing you should have done is pm'ing your own HC asking them not to nap NOS in the first place. Maybe then and ONLY then can you point a finger to the rest for not bashing NOS (as if all alliances play to make sure ND has a good round nway ...)
first time i ages i read AD, and i see Kjeldaron making a prefectly valid comment!
wtf happened? o_O

(j/k kj)

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 14:16   #144
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
We had this discussion already didn't we? There were some of us who did want NoS to get a battering, but there were others who decided that we never backstab etc, and that was that. Valid reasoning that not all agreed with.

but then again, I really don't think everyone *always* agrees with stuff the HC do ... do they? Guess not in relation to Fyodor, KJ and angels. (not a snide remark. Just an example)

Quote:
P.S. If a Formula 1 team pays to race in the tournament (yes they have to pay for it) then they don't give a fk about the tournament and everything around it. They care about their car and their drivers and the publicity/money they make (if they do).
You don't get money/*decent* publicity by pulling over on the home stretch and handing the race to your 'friend'
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 14:30   #145
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
We had this discussion already didn't we? There were some of us who did want NoS to get a battering, but there were others who decided that we never backstab etc, and that was that. Valid reasoning that not all agreed with.

but then again, I really don't think everyone *always* agrees with stuff the HC do ... do they? Guess not in relation to Fyodor, KJ and angels. (not a snide remark. Just an example)

You don't get money/*decent* publicity by pulling over on the home stretch and handing the race to your 'friend'
Fyodor and I BOTH were Angels HC's last round. If an Angel members isn't happy with our policy, he should complain to us rather then accusing other alliances. That's the point.
Your example here was completely wrong as you based it on the assumption that we had a member-HC relation (which was wrong).

Don't pull my example of F1 out of context. My example was applicable on F1, yours sadly isn't. But if you wanna go there then did you ever hear about team orders? Barrichello let Schumacher win the GP so he got more points to become world champion 3 years ago (yes I know it's forbidden now) ...

FA Gaming community

Last edited by Kjeldoran; 15 Jul 2005 at 14:38.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 14:42   #146
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

*points at topic and ask everyone to get back to topic*
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 15:06   #147
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
However, if there are no more F1 tournaments, how do they make their money back from high investment in F1?

It's simply a matter of people being short sighted. If PA dies, then people can no longer have fun playing PA... a few minor decisions in a single round to make it more enjoyable for the majority involved when it is unlikely to damage your own enjoyment much seems logical to me. Particularly if it gives PA a chance to keep on going.

And climate change today for instance, we'd all be better off if we made minor sacrifices now, but people are too selfish/short sighted/greedy and as such, human civilisation is likely to be in ruins within the next few centuries, with a far greater amount of net suffering than if we changed our society today.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 15:13   #148
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Quote:
#1 comment on AD throughout all times! Winner
Now there's an agreement i'm not surprised by;D

R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 15:14   #149
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
However, if there are no more F1 tournaments, how do they make their money back from high investment in F1?

It's simply a matter of people being short sighted. If PA dies, then people can no longer have fun playing PA... a few minor decisions in a single round to make it more enjoyable for the majority involved when it is unlikely to damage your own enjoyment much seems logical to me. Particularly if it gives PA a chance to keep on going.

And climate change today for instance, we'd all be better off if we made minor sacrifices now, but people are too selfish/short sighted/greedy and as such, human civilisation is likely to be in ruins within the next few centuries, with a far greater amount of net suffering than if we changed our society today.
It is the responsability of the PA team and developpers to keep PA alive and enjoyable. If this doesn't happen then THEY failed. It is not my job to make sure the ND members enjoy playing this game ... It is my job to ensure Angels enjoy this game.

I'm sorry, but on such things I've quite selfish and well ... that's the person I am. Everyone has his OWN responsibilities and I focus on mine and only mine.

Also, I'm speaking in terms of an ONLINE GAME, not about some world issue.

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Jul 2005, 15:24   #150
Supersander
'cause sex isn't enough

Supersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura about

Is this a bad time to remind you all it's just a game?
Supersander is offline   Reply With Quote