User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Apr 2005, 20:29   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
TV Tuner Cards

Now , im not a huge fan of taking my machine apart and rebuilding it to install something new. USB is my preferred choice , and when i found This little thing i figured i might as well.

My query has to be though. Is it worthwhile, and can i receive a reasonable amount of channels on it, or will i find that all i get is BBC Digital Radio (which you cant receive on the Isle of Man) and various other channels that simply dont interest me (might be worth it for the new series of Little Britain on BBC3 , and maybe High Spirits).
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 20:57   #2
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road
Re: TV Tuner Cards

I have digital and i must say the extra channels are pretty pointless. I love having BBC3 and BBC4, but i hardly have time to watch them and any good programming they have often clashes with stuff on normal tv. The News is quite good (Sky News, ITN and BBC NEWS 24).

Just look on www.radiotimes.co.uk or something and see if any freeview channels interest you.
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 21:06   #3
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

ITV2 is useful on a Tuesday night when you want to watch a different Champions League game, although that will probably no longer be the case after the next leg, until the new season. Regardless, I'm pretty sure you can get that on Freeview.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 22:40   #4
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

http://www.freeview.co.uk/whatson/
shows the channels you get, but you might want to ask around (neighbours etc.) to check what reception is like on the isle of man...if you can't get digital radio through a standard DAB, you're unlikely to with this thing...

I like the multitude of crime-series that are on ITV3 (Frost, Morse, Midsomer Murders, Taggart etc.), and BBC3 and ITV2 occasionally have good films on, definitely not worth paying any kind of subscription for, but not bad for a one-off fee.

[edit] THat site also has a postcode checker for reception, and:
"Please note FREEVIEW does not cover the Channel Islands or Isle of Man"
so don't buy it
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 00:53   #5
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
http://www.freeview.co.uk/whatson/I like the multitude of crime-series that are on ITV3 (Frost, Morse, Midsomer Murders, Taggart etc.), and BBC3 and ITV2 occasionally have good films on, definitely not worth paying any kind of subscription for, but not bad for a one-off fee.
erk! How can you watch that crap. Your country exports all of those shows to my country, I demand you stop it at once! The only thing worse than some ditty drama about policemen is one where they can't even speak proper english.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 01:00   #6
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Taggart is actually good. The stories are well written, and the acting is above average for TV.
The other require no intelligence to watch, but I find them entertaining and relaxing. If I feel like watching TV, then there'll generally be one to watch, if I don't, then I do something else. If you don't want to watch them, fine
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 02:01   #7
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: TV Tuner Cards

I saw a TV tuner card in a magazine years ago
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote