User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 May 2003, 15:03   #1
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
Vengeance Recruitment

Vengeance (VGN) is recruiting, and we're looking for YOU!
It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Here comes a short presentation of the alliance, much historical crap which I write coz I'm an old sentimental member, it's not really of any great importance, so u may skip the following parapgraph:
Vengeance as an alliance is not old, we were created through an merge in late r8. However, the 2 alliances merging are both of the old school: Ultra Violence and BlackDeath, for the histories of these noble and ancient alliances, check our history section. At first, the merge was merely a way of cooperating better, and not supposed to be a lasting one, so we chose the name VD, Violent Death. However, the round was ended abruptly by the servers going down, and many of our members left, never to return again. The original plan of splitting up after the round seemed like a bad idea at the point, and we decided to stay merged, but to choose a new name; Vengeance, and thus destroyed the good laughs everyone had at the tag [VD]. Round 9 was to us a great experience. The start was abit of an downturn, but it all got better as the round progressed... actually, just have a look here.

That's it, over to business: VGN is not a large alliance, but we are quite good at our job: defense, attack and community. We are looking for good, active players with a good attitude and a fairly good grasp of teamplay. It's essential for us to trust each other. Our goal in the game is to have a jolly good time and get as much out of the game as possible.
We have attacks on a daily basis, and we usually manage to cover our incommings. Our goal for this coming round is to test our abilities, with more attacks, better defense and high recruitment, so we can go into round 9.5 with a high head. This is where you come in. Do you want to become a VGN member? This round, we will do something we haven’t done for ages (that is, the BD part atleast, can’t remember anything like this as long as I’ve been a member, or possibly r3/4, that’s too long ago to remember), we’ll remove the recruitment-wing, and let the recruits right into the alliance. Yes, it’s risky, but as most people agree this round is mostly for the fun, we thought we could draw advantage out of it. However, if you do not meet our standards, you will ofcourse be kicked.

So, interested in joining? You may find me, GlowDog (don’t get fooled by his away tags etc, they’re just for show) or Jay-Em in #vgn @netgamers.org, give any of us a PM, and we will see what we can sort out
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 15:29   #2
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Vengeance Recruitment

Quote:
Originally posted by Quad
Our goal for this coming round is to test our abilities, with more attacks, better defense and high recruitment, so we can go into round 9.5 with a high head.
Not to say anything bad etc, but I doubt r9.5 will be the ultimate test of skill and abilities. Summer is knocking on the door, a lot of people have exams etc etc. r9.5 will hopefully be more about have fun than anything else, seeing all research and construct is done etc and starting with more roids than usual.

r10 is what you should be aiming towards though ;-)

have fun.. & gl
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 18:55   #3
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
pay attention to the word test... we're preparing for r10
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:27   #4
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
GL luck to you VEN people

as you can see below i allready have an alliance
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 21:34   #5
Narziss
Mr. DaySleeper

Narziss is an unknown quantity at this point
Best wishes to the whole VGN-Crew

hope to see some new awesome VGN-members around here

Good Luck Boys
Round 9: [ROCK-HBC]
Round 9.5: [ROCK]/[Wolfpack]
Round 10: [=***=]-> my last round

IRC-Channels: #Pack #Rock #TSU #Planetarion #Ministry
Narziss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 21:58   #6
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
It's been an honour fighting at your side in R9. Good luck in Round 9.5.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 15:30   #7
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
I was once BD and i can tell you that is was a very good alliance, and i have also heard a lot of nice comment about UV. VGN is a brilliant place for the old and the new players among us. It is worth "checking em out" imo.

Gl in the future.
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 09:19   #8
Master
Time Lord

Master is an unknown quantity at this point
GL guys
Unread 29 May 2003, 07:04   #9
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light
Yeppers best of luck you lot, i would like to see a lot of alliances get stronger and bring back the good ol days

Cyas on the battlefield!

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 14:12   #10
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
[offtopic]

/me fluffl3s ElAlan

[/offtopic]

GL vgn
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2003, 03:01   #11
StarlockUV
Vengeance (VGN)

StarlockUV is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ElAlan
Yeppers best of luck you lot, i would like to see a lot of alliances get stronger and bring back the good ol days

Cyas on the battlefield!
thanks for your comments mate

Have A Good One All
StarlockUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 00:18   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Me? Bump threads? As if I would
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 14:47   #13
hydridia
Stan-hyd

hydridia is an unknown quantity at this point
they dont

they dont need luck so i wont wish it them

all i can say is you would be mad not to make these guys your first port of call!
[MACE-EVE]
[m0o]
[ATUK]

Fochts Badger
Dread's Overlord
hydridia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 20:59   #14
Jay-Em
#dragons

Jay-Em is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes all new and old players are welcome!

/me pokes DrK-Assassin

PA r3-r10.5, EA, Corvus, BD, VGN, Ðragons
r12 : Vengeance r13: eXilition r15: eXilition r16: VGN
r27: Denial r30: Omen r31: SPOOOOOON r32: Apprime / inactive latestarter..r33: CT / latestarter
r34 p3n r35 p3n r36 p3n r65 allianceless latestarter/VGN (I am not back..)
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:53   #15
GlowDog
VGN

GlowDog is infamous around these parts
blah, im never tagged away ... not often though ...

tagged WORK means I can and will respond slower then normal
GlowDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 05:02   #16
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I am intrigued to who wrote the VGN history.

Quote:
Originally from site
So Fury saw their darkest days as there once proud bases went up in flames around them their troops lost all hope and retreated from the battlefields where the dead and wounded lay.
This made me cough my drink all over the keyboard.

Extremely funny, and extremely wrong.

Feel the Fury

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 11:27   #17
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l

Feel the Fury
hehe same happend here maybe a small lection alliancecreation for UV BD vegence or whatever they call themself next round:

Alliancecreation 101:

Make up a bullsh1t story to attract new players who have no clue what a bunch of losers you are by telling them you fought some giant back in the past days. While you are on it rub some exaggerations in and finally let other warmembers slip and take all the honour for some imaginatated victory.

I doubt at any time anyone in Fury knew or feard UV and if i would surf some logs i would still have the "frozenclaw" mail where he threatens a fury officer if he wouldnt recall he would auth a "titans retal" on him please keep your recruiting atleast abit close to the facts. I think this boards should attract new players and not get them to join the alliance with the most illusterious story full of lies and exaggerations.

If you cant find anything noteworthy about your alliance please dont make it up

P.S. Archenemy of Fury was Xanadu back in all days. If you wish to enlighten the audiance more about your highly amusing war against Fury you may tell us next how many rounds you won I mean you played with the big boys so there must be something you achieved by burning them etc. Or ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by Razorback; 25 Jun 2003 at 11:40.
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 11:48   #18
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Feel the Fury

Slow day at work, and nothing to do for aprox 30 mins so....
Figured I show have a look too.... I must say....

-------------------------
"Violent Death was spawned from a powerful merger between two of the best and longest standing alliances in the game. These two alliances were Courage enough to take on the biggest alliances in the game, looking fear in the eye then crushing it to powder. Honourable enough to Stand with their brothers and look death in the face on their feet, instead backstabbing and cheating their way threw the game. They were Loyal to their Allies and one another, do everything they could to ensure growth and security for their members. These Two alliances were called Ultra Violence and Black Death."
----------------------------------------------------------------

There is nothing wrong with a vivid fantasy and painting with words but *cough*bullocks*cough*
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 15:38   #19
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by KeyStroke
Slow day at work, and nothing to do for aprox 30 mins so....
Figured I show have a look too.... I must say....

-------------------------
"Violent Death was spawned from a powerful merger between two of the best and longest standing alliances in the game. These two alliances were Courage enough to take on the biggest alliances in the game, looking fear in the eye then crushing it to powder. Honourable enough to Stand with their brothers and look death in the face on their feet, instead backstabbing and cheating their way threw the game. They were Loyal to their Allies and one another, do everything they could to ensure growth and security for their members. These Two alliances were called Ultra Violence and Black Death."
----------------------------------------------------------------

There is nothing wrong with a vivid fantasy and painting with words but *cough*bullocks*cough*
Exactly. The odd spin of words and such is fine. But that history is just so full of "fantasy" I wonder if they played Planetarion: Alternate Reality.

Focht: I think Sid had good contacts in UV, I'm not sure if I was given an UV document amongst others from Sid pre-round 5 to read over to prepare for my leadership position. Will have to dig from my old computer (or get Sid to come here :/)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 15:47   #20
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
(or get Sid to come here :/)
Get him to pay AR a visit .
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 18:35   #21
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
hehe same happend here maybe a small lection alliancecreation for UV BD vegence or whatever they call themself next round:
Same thing, VGN
Quote:
Make up a bullsh1t story to attract new players who have no clue what a bunch of losers you are by telling them you fought some giant back in the past days. While you are on it rub some exaggerations in and finally let other warmembers slip and take all the honour for some imaginatated victory.
I didn't have any part in writing the history so will abstain from commenting leaving that to it's author (I think I know who from the style).
Quote:
I doubt at any time anyone in Fury knew or feard UV
I know Fury noticed UV in R7 cos I made a big nuisance of myself on AD. I won't claim we were considered a big bad enemy because that's plainly silly but we were certainly an additional thorn in the side. If we'd known how much anti FLTTV support my posting would produce we'd have been in a better position to use it but we were literally swamped, small alliances even with high quality command teams simply cannot organise the military might we were suddenly 'in control' of without a lot of planning .
Quote:
If you cant find anything noteworthy about your alliance please dont make it up
Putting aside the linked history page, nothing in this thread says 'we are leet, we are teh bestest', it's simpyl a factual statement of who and what we are as is my R9 history (also linked and no-one can pick holes in it cos it's 100% accurate!).
das blinkenlights!!!

Last edited by Gayle29uk; 25 Jun 2003 at 20:16.
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 22:16   #22
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
[b]Same thing, VGN

If we'd known how much anti FLTTV support my posting would produce we'd have been in a better position to use it
Yes im sure it was your posting that produced anti FLTV support
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 06:05   #23
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Yes im sure it was your posting that produced anti FLTV support
I'm not talking about the NewX type anti-FLTTV support, that was there from the start and nothing to do with me (obviously). But a lot of small alliances really liked the idea of telling Fury/Legion where to get off and started seeking us out on IRC to offer support. Unfortunately we didn't really expect that so weren't prepared for it or in a position to make effective use of it. We suddenly had our own mini block but no infrastructure in place :/
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 12:58   #24
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
But a lot of small alliances really liked the idea of telling Fury/Legion where to get off and started seeking us out on IRC to offer support. Unfortunately we didn't really expect that so weren't prepared for it or in a position to make effective use of it. We suddenly had our own mini block but no infrastructure in place :/
Thats happened in pretty much every round of PA. Dont think you were around in r5, but Revolt is a prime example.
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 07:43   #25
Gerbie
pe0n

Smile

People: all join, now they have: ME!!!!
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 21:54   #26
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough
Gerbie run away from TFD?
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 22:47   #27
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by DJet
Gerbie run away from TFD?
i dont think those dutchies ever leave TFD

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 07:58   #28
Gerbie
pe0n

I left the TFD PA alliance. I'm still a comunity member and I play other games with them.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 13:37   #29
hydridia
Stan-hyd

hydridia is an unknown quantity at this point
heh

focht love the bs you came up with this time

mail from hicks:We used to keep quite a good intel file on most alliances large and small, admittedly it wasn't what it was in Round 2-4 by Round 7but it was still quite decent. The reason we started targeting UV a lot was Gayle's forum posts, the amount of UV planets, which got killed because of her, was staggering

that was mail hicks sent to me

seems fury did know about uv most of the time..

also focht alliance 101 from the man that made fury mk2 plz!!!
[MACE-EVE]
[m0o]
[ATUK]

Fochts Badger
Dread's Overlord
hydridia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2003, 15:22   #30
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Re: heh

Quote:
Originally posted by hydridia
focht love the bs you came up with this time

mail from hicks:We used to keep quite a good intel file on most alliances large and small, admittedly it wasn't what it was in Round 2-4 by Round 7but it was still quite decent. The reason we started targeting UV a lot was Gayle's forum posts, the amount of UV planets, which got killed because of her, was staggering

that was mail hicks sent to me

seems fury did know about uv most of the time..

also focht alliance 101 from the man that made fury mk2 plz!!!
You fail to see the difference between "know" and know.
Ofc Fury knew about almost every alliance in pa which came above the size over 10 members, simply from the professional intel use. U might wish to reread Biggdogs post on this, Uv werent interesting to fury as they didnt oppose them or played any significant role in its decisions or aimings. The time Hicks was referring to was the time in r7 before the 2nd war, known as stagnation. Simply as i was in r7 Fury milexec in this time i should know about that, or ask Germania who had the control of military in the start of the round.

Admittedly also alot of players from almost all major alliances used UV in r8 as a coveralliance in the start, because their recruiting policys were easy to abuse. I think in all posts ppl refered to UV/Vgns claim of a history or a role in history they never had.

P.S. About 101, im always giving a hand if i see need
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2003, 17:20   #31
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

Naris is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

wtf, it sounds like fury, wrath, dont tell me its almost the same ppl ?
Anyways. merry luck into 10th ppl as always
Sincerely
Aesir staff
Naris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 13:32   #32
JMorjaria

JMorjaria is an unknown quantity at this point
hi

Ive read the comments here, very sentimental, Although Ive never heard of this alliance until now?

Are you guys recruiting, or is it not worth my bother trying to join?
Im GC for galaxy xx.yy
ive been GC 3 other times and MoW 1.

Im hoping for good things this round, but i wont to be in an alliance that looks like theyll be active and willing to put themselves out to attack together and defend together.

Jason

No coords please - JC

Last edited by JC; 3 Sep 2003 at 18:45.
JMorjaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 13:10   #33
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light
I've been UV for some rounds (think two or so). Sure we fought Fury, as about everyone did at some time. I Can't remember us making a truely significant difference tho.

I do recall having some decently sized people (Badmotor? Gonzo?) but if I recall correctly BM was in some Fury galaxy (the galaxy with the Clown or something).

So other than us fighting as hard as we could and having some decent sized people in Fury gals back in the day might be a bit too bloated.