User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Feb 2006, 15:54   #51
Dictator2

Dictator2 can only hope to improve
Re: The Future

Had the Catholic Kings not given Coulumbus some old ships and a budget just to shut him up after years going around Europe crying and crying about the "east".... Spain would have not discovered, named, conquered and plundered America... Someone else would have (i.e. the English)

My point being that, excuses to do or not to do something, ANYTHING, in life in general, there will ALWAYS be a few. Detractors for any risky idea will always be around, will always scream in horror, will always 'seem' to be the more logical ones.

Thats why humans need dreamers/leaders (i.e. Moses/Jesus/Catholic Kings) with a vision, who are willing to risk some of the current power (i.e. ships and budget OR server and money for translations) in order to make sure, that in the future, a disproportionate PROFIT can be obtained, and therefore more POWER obtained, etc, etc
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 17:09   #52
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator2
Had the Catholic Kings not given Coulumbus some old ships and a budget just to shut him up after years going around Europe crying and crying about the "east".... Spain would have not discovered, named, conquered and plundered America... Someone else would have (i.e. the English)

My point being that, excuses to do or not to do something, ANYTHING, in life in general, there will ALWAYS be a few. Detractors for any risky idea will always be around, will always scream in horror, will always 'seem' to be the more logical ones.

Thats why humans need dreamers/leaders (i.e. Moses/Jesus/Catholic Kings) with a vision, who are willing to risk some of the current power (i.e. ships and budget OR server and money for translations) in order to make sure, that in the future, a disproportionate PROFIT can be obtained, and therefore more POWER obtained, etc, etc
You've got the whole motivational thing going for you... but...

Go teach kloopy/appoco/squishy/biffy/etc how to speak mandarin.
Go help our current graphics folks to remodel each and every skin {ooh, and teach them mandarin too} so that chinese characters will work and look alright on the skins.
Go help translate the entire manual
Go advertise (In mandarin)
Go etc etc etc
(for the record, I used mandarin as an example here. A random example )

And if you are seriously into this, then mail biffy your proposed business plan, including all possible translators, courses for the language and the like, and include your likely costs vs your forecasted benefits, and maybe jolt will start forking over some cash to attempt such a venture. Ooh, and include a timeline. And incremental costs for future translation and conversion as PA evolves too.

Don't get me wrong here, I think the idea has merit... but does it have enough merit from a business perspective{jolt} and a *Realistic* set of benefits to warrant such a project to commence?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 20:41   #53
Dictator2

Dictator2 can only hope to improve

Hey Squidly, I agree with you, I am lazy too...

THANK GOD, literally, our ancestors didn't stay living in trees and caves, even tho building modern tall building was a BILLION times*by infinity harder to do back then, that for us to get our shit together and provide this game in different languages.

Besides, iafter 1 or 2 years of lets say just for example, succesfuly bringing 1000 or 2000 chinese players to the game, I AM SURE there will be more than enough volunteers to take on the support, better translating, etc, etc issues.

The greatest risk, is taking no risk at all.
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 21:18   #54
Random
living under a rock

Random is an unknown quantity at this point

If someone went to China with an exact duplicate of PA but all in Chinese, that game would have 10 times more players than we have now.

Think about it.
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 21:42   #55
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

How's this a suggestion?
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote