User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:38   #1
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Physics Joke

Quote:
Two atoms bump into each other. One says 'I think I lost an electron!' The other asks, 'Are you sure?', to which the first replies, 'I'm positive.
[physlink.com]

Made me chuckle.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:39   #2
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
someone poke out my eyes.
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:40   #3
bobble

bobble is an unknown quantity at this point
CNN is liberal bull****...no wonder you people are so ****ing stupid. If you want a real News Channel try Fox News.
bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:40   #4
Kiss

lol
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:41   #5
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
someone poke out my eyes.
if i had a blunt enough stick i would :/

(and a train ticket to wherever you live)
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:42   #6
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Quote:
A neutron walks into a bar; he asks the bartender, 'How much for a beer?' The bartender looks at him, and says 'For you, no charge.'
Not quite as good as the first.

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:49   #7
bobble

bobble is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Intervention
Not quite as good as the first.
but good none the less!
CNN is liberal bull****...no wonder you people are so ****ing stupid. If you want a real News Channel try Fox News.
bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 00:02   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
'Old LASER physicists never die, they just become incoherent'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 00:07   #9
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
i expected better from you :/
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 00:10   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
i expected better from you :/
That one liner is the best thing ever :(
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 00:15   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Miasma
you,nod and jonny could form a triad intended to send me gibbering into the night armed only with a shotgun and the urge to do bad things to good people.
Man walks into a bar, asks the barman 'How much for a pint of adenosine triphosphate'
Barman replies 'ATP'
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 00:23   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Miasma
Chemistry jokes never really did it for me, they lack the flavour or panache of physics.
It's more of a biology joke.
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 00:24   #13
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Man walks into a bar, asks the barman 'How much for a pint of adenosine triphosphate'
Barman replies 'ATP'

Expalin please. I'm a biological retard.

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 00:25   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Expalin please. I'm a biological retard.
Say 'ATP'
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 00:26   #15
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Pfffft.

None of these come anywhere near the Jesus and his diciples joke!

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 00:32   #16
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Took me a whle to get it. 80p, quite funny.

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 01:05   #17
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Took me a whle to get it. 80p, quite funny.
Don't encourage them.
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 01:09   #18
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Q: Why did the identity sin(2r) = 2sin(r) get turned down for a loan?

A: Because it needed a cos(r).

Unread 24 Dec 2002, 01:30   #19
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
why are you lot so sad when i'm out having fun?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 01:32   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
We're sad all the time
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 01:32   #21
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
nonsense. It's a vibrant intellectual party, like the cambridge moral sciences club in the 1930s.
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 01:41   #22
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
vibrant intellectual party? you aren't involved in my conversation with the missus...

Unread 24 Dec 2002, 01:42   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by G_frog
nonsense. It's a vibrant intellectual party, like the cambridge moral sciences club in the 1930s.
Is there an amoral sciences club? I forget.
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 01:42   #24
Androme

For years it has been believed that electric bulbs emitted light. However,
more recent information has proven otherwise. Electric bulbs don't emit
light, they suck dark. Thus we call these bulbs dark suckers. The dark
sucker theory proves the existence of dark, that dark has mass heavier than
that of light, and that dark is faster than light.

The basis of the dark sucker theory is that electric bulbs suck dark. Take,
for example, the dark suckers in the room where you are. There is less dark
right next to them than there is elsewhere. The larger the dark sucker, the
greater its capacity to suck dark. Dark suckers in a parking lot have much
greater capacity than the ones in this room.

As with all things, dark suckers don't last forever. Once they are full of
dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the black spot on a full
dark sucker. A candle is a primitive dark sucker. A new candle has a white
wick. You will notice that after the first use, the wick turns black,
representing all of the dark that has been sucked into it. If you hold a
pencil next to the wick of an operating candle, the tip will turn black
because it got in the way of the dark flowing into the candle.
Unfortunately, these primitive dark suckers have a very limited range. There
are also portable dark suckers. The bulbs in these can't handle all of the
dark by themselves, and must be aided by a dark storage unit. When the dark
storage unit is full, it must either be emptied or replaced before the
portable dark sucker can operate again.

Dark has mass. When dark goes into a dark sucker, friction from this mass
generates heat. Thus, it is not wise to touch an operating dark sucker.
Candles present a special problem as the dark must travel into a solid wick
instead of through glass. This generates a great amount of heat. Thus, it
can be very dangerous to touch an operating candle. Dark is also heavier
than light. If you swim just below the surface of a lake, you will see a lot
of light. If you swim deeper and deeper, you notice it gets slowly darker
and darker. When you reach the depth of approximately 50 feet, you are in
total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the
lake, and the lighter light floats to the top.

The immense power of dark can be utilized to man's advantage. We can collect
the dark that has settled to the bottom of lakes and push it through
turbines. This generates electricity and helps push dark to the ocean, where
it can be safely stored. Prior to turbines, it was much more difficult to
get dark from the rivers and lakes to the ocean. The Indians recognized this
problem and tried to solve it. When on a river in a canoe traveling in the
same direction as the flow of the dark, they paddled slowly, so as not to
stop the flow of dark. When they traveled against the flow of dark, they
paddled quickly so as to help push the dark along its way.

Finally, we must prove that dark is faster than light. If you were to stand
in an illuminated room in front of a closed, dark closet, then slowly open
the closet door, you would see the light slowly enter the closet; but since
the dark is so fast, you would not be able to see the dark leave the closet.

In conclusion, I would like to say that dark suckers make all our lives much
easier. So the next time you look at an electric light bulb, remember that
it is, indeed, a dark sucker.
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 02:09   #25
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Androme

ctrl+c ctrl+v

Unread 24 Dec 2002, 02:41   #26
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy
Q: Why did the identity sin(2r) = 2sin(r) get turned down for a loan?

A: Because it needed a cos(r).
I don't get that one either. I'll cane it with my calculator later i I can find it.

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:20   #27
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Sign on railroad station:
These railroads are subject to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle: Position
and Velocity of a given train can not be specified at the same time.
-- Sydney Harris Cartoon
Quote:
The Schrodingers Cat experiment in Quantum Physics:

Take one ordinary cat, one large box, a particle detector, a radiation
source, a bottle of cyanide gas. Hook up the detector so that if it detects
a particle from the radiation source, it will open the cyanide gas. Set it
up inside the box in such a way that there will be a 50% probability of a
particle being detected from the radiation source within a five minute
period. Add the cat to the box.

Theory says that the cat will enter a quantum state where it is 50% alive
and 50% dead until the experimenter looks inside the box. However, reality
teaches us that the severly pissed off cat cat WILL escape the box well
before the 5 minutes are up, attack the experimenter and depart just in
time for the severly lacerated experimenter to watch the hammer decend on
the cyanide bottle one inch from his nose.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:39   #28
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

'Lo gayle!

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:42   #29
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Say 'ATP'
OH LOOK IT'S ONE OF THOSE JOKES THAT MAKES NO SENSE UNLESS YOUI HAVE A ****E BRIT ACCENT

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:44   #30
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

How would you pronounce it?

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:50   #31
Mirai

"eh" "tee" "pee"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:52   #32
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Silly yankish accent

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:54   #33
Mirai

Quote:
Silly yankish accent
I'm sorry I pronounce my words. Correctly.

Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:58   #34
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

It's Christmas so I shall forgive you.

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 12:00   #35
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
correctly?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
*insert stupidly patriotic gibberish about the Queen's English*

[Edit]Actually, i'm from Yorkshire so that's a bit rich coming from me... [/Edit]

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 12:05   #36
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

At least we're not from Birmingham. They speak crazy talk!

--------------
My Artwork
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 12:07   #37
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: correctly?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
*insert stupidly patriotic gibberish about the Queen's English*

[Edit]Actually, i'm from Yorkshire so that's a bit rich coming from me... [/Edit]
OI! Now't wrong wi't' way folk fro' God's Country talk. It's all them soft southern wazzocks that need t' learn t' Queens English!
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 12:17   #38
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai

thats ok, you are forgiven
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 12:18   #39
Skitz Mickz

Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?

To get to the same side.
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 12:19   #40
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: correctly?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
OI! Now't wrong wi't' way folk fro' God's Country talk. It's all them soft southern wazzocks that need t' learn t' Queens English!
'ear all, see all, say nowt
eyt all, sup all, pay nowt
and if tha ivver does owt for nowt, do it for thissen

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 12:23   #41
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Re: Re: Re: correctly?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
'ear all, see all, say nowt
eyt all, sup all, pay nowt
and if tha ivver does owt for nowt, do it for thissen
The Yorkshireman's advice to his son

Does tha' know how t' say Hawsker tho'? And does thee say 'Harrowgate' or does thee know it's 'arrigut?
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 14:26   #42
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Re: Re: Re: Re: correctly?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
The Yorkshireman's advice to his son

Does tha' know how t' say Hawsker tho'? And does thee say 'Harrowgate' or does thee know it's 'arrigut?
'arrigut all't way

George Bernard Shaw
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 21:02   #43
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Quote:
I don't get that one either. I'll cane it with my calculator later i I can find it.

cos(r) -> cosine(r)-> co-signer

IT'S HILARIOUS!

Unread 24 Dec 2002, 21:13   #44
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy
IT'S HILARIOUS!
when you put it like that, i guess it could have been funny.
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote