User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 26 Feb 2009, 22:38   #1
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough
gals getting to big

don't know what we can do about this
but what i suggest is having a maximum of 15 planets per gal.
(would even prefer a max of 13 planets).

so people would have to think twice about exiling out of there gals.
people that do exile out, and there isn't space anymore in a top gal would
get automatically relocated to some random gal. (where they can either choose to build a descent gal, or be a fool and exile out again)
i know this could screw some over, but then again i don't care cause i rarely self-exile, and like to give a chance to my gal.

another reason i suggest this is, cause i was in a gal being hit 12 times in the first 15 days after protection ended, (i know this had something to do with us not having alot of players in top 7 allies, but also cause there weren't enough gals to hit).
and i believe this would give more incentive to people to bp more and bring more competition to the game.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2009, 22:56   #2
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Re: gals getting to big

I agree, this many planets in a gal is a joke and favours whoever got lucky exiles rather than the good bp's. 12 or 15 planets max in a gal would be a much better solution. When getting to this size a normal high end alliance can only hit 1 full gal per night properly and even have to team up with another alliance to be effective on top10 gals.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2009, 23:02   #3
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
so people would have to think twice about exiling out of there gals.
people that do exile out, and there isn't space anymore in a top gal would
get automatically relocated to some random gal. (where they can either choose to build a descent gal, or be a fool and exile out again)
i know this could screw some over, but then again i don't care cause i rarely self-exile, and like to give a chance to my gal.
You're not considering the people who don't willingly self exile. What about the newbie who lands in an elitist gal and immediately gets exiled. Should he be put in some purgatory gal with a bunch of crap players? Do you really think he'll take the initiative to try and form a new gal and learn the game at the same time, or simply google for another browserbased strategy game?
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2009, 23:05   #4
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

well the newbie will prolly end up in one of the many good gals that are ranked between 15th and 50th spot.
with enough experienced players in it to help him out.

lets be honest how many top 10 gals would allow noobs to exile in.
and any top gal will have reached there max amount of players really fast.
mainly cause luck would have something to do with it by then.

Finally retired
Unread 26 Feb 2009, 23:12   #5
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

9:1 have still been exiling people quite actively. It's not that I disagree that gals should be smaller, it's that I think your solution isn't the most practical in that it punishes people for being a good player in a crap gal or a crap player in a good gal.

While we're at it, alliances need to be smaller. I vote to have a max of 60 planets in an ally. Maybe even 50! Atm there's only like 4 good allies, 4 mediocre ones, and a bunch of noob allies.

I was going to go further with this but sensed a rant coming on and I just don't have time for this atm. But I'll post what I have so far :/ heh
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2009, 00:15   #6
HeimdallR

smaller allies would get my approval to.
back to 60 or 70 members would be better.

edit: that being said, still think that many good players will be encouraged more to set up bp's and try to form a nice gal this way. now they just exile out to be in a gal with 15 other good players.

Finally retired
Unread 27 Feb 2009, 00:32   #7
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
9:1 have still been exiling people quite actively. It's not that I disagree that gals should be smaller, it's that I think your solution isn't the most practical in that it punishes people for being a good player in a crap gal or a crap player in a good gal.
We just got a new signup that we're not going to kick, because we're kind.

On a more topical note, I've been screaming "smaller gals" for the last 10 rounds, and nothing ever gets done. I've come to giving up the argument as a lost cause.
Unread 27 Feb 2009, 02:37   #8
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Bring back private galaxies.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2009, 04:12   #9
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

10 man gals. increase it to 12 for latesignups. Keep the latesignups spots open for X ticks, then open them for exiles/new signups. Keep a 12 planet per gal MAX!

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2009, 10:40   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is a terrible idea. (I hardly need to mention that I, as always, agree with Cochese.)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2009, 11:59   #11
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

private galaxies would suck. Playerbase isn't big enough to make it competitive .... its bad enough with 'random' galaxies
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2009, 13:15   #12
Osidiradadumpf

Osidiradadumpf can only hope to improve

Well, one solution would be to have an mid-round shuffle if the size of the galaxy are hitting an too high number.
Osidiradadumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2009, 13:34   #13
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
I agree, this many planets in a gal is a joke and favours whoever got lucky exiles rather than the good bp's. 12 or 15 planets max in a gal would be a much better solution. When getting to this size a normal high end alliance can only hit 1 full gal per night properly and even have to team up with another alliance to be effective on top10 gals.
The whole idea is the fact we dont want priv galaxys..

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2009, 15:48   #14
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
10 man gals. increase it to 12 for latesignups. Keep the latesignups spots open for X ticks, then open them for exiles/new signups. Keep a 12 planet per gal MAX!
I so much agree!!!

20 ppl gals are silly btw
Unread 28 Feb 2009, 18:47   #15
HeimdallR

private gals don't get me excited either, i can see this only benefit one or two top allies.

Finally retired
Unread 28 Feb 2009, 20:32   #16
Onim
the inquisition incarnate

Onim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to all

The fact that top5 gals immediately kick PA newbs is, in my experience at least, not true. When i first (re)joined PA back in round 22 (played r3-5 as well, but really inactively) i still had to learn everything. Still, the gal i started in did not kick me because i was crap , even though my score was never above rank 500 in that round, still the gal was a top5 gal for the whole round.

Its all about patience and willingness to teach ppl who are willing to learn to play, and who are willing to be active participant on IRC. Im still grateful to those ppl in that gal, that they teached me how things went on in this game, and at the end of the round i was just as well capable of crossdeffing, getting up at night to check for incs, making calcs etc.

My policy is, when ppl come online on IRC, give them the benefit of the doubt and be patient. A topgal wouldnt be a topgal if they wouldnt be able to make a decent player out of a newb!

Exiling should be last resort, no activity for 72 hours and no response to (repeated) ingame mails ofc would be good example of why someone should be exiled. But for example being low in score or the fact a new player does not have an alliance is NOT a good reason.
If everyone would live by that, we would see a lot less exiles and a lot more new players to this game. Now, there are gals with only new players, who dont have guidance; and thats a shame! For it could very well be those gals have ppl in it who resemble me back in r22; eager to learn all ins and outs of this game and ending up being fairly okay in it as well

"It never hurts to Help!" [Eek the Cat]

Denying existence during r3-6 and back in denial since r22
Onim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2009, 21:30   #17
HeimdallR

agree with what you said there onim,
but in my eyes a new player will have a better chance of landing in a descent gal and meeting descent players, if we set a maximum on planets per gal.

Finally retired
Unread 28 Feb 2009, 21:59   #18
Onim
the inquisition incarnate

Onim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to all

i believe it has something to do with the ability of galaxies to disband themselves. The playerbase/universe always slowly increases during the round, with people signing up late/new players etc. On the other hand the amount of total galaxies keeps decreasing because when a galaxy gets in the lowest ~80% of galaxyranks a gc gets a red sign indicating that the gal is ready to disband at his/her order (and doesnt even need majority of votes no more, its rather a voting to KEEP the gal instead..making disbanded gals even more common)

I know the disband system is there for a reason, but it might be worthwhile to have it looked at on how to solve this obvious negative effect of overcrowded galaxies (if there is already a solution for this on suggestions board, feel free to enlighten me )

"It never hurts to Help!" [Eek the Cat]

Denying existence during r3-6 and back in denial since r22
Onim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2009, 07:06   #19
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

I give people an honest chance in the gal, but what i see over and over again is that the random guy you give a chance doesnt contribute to the gal.

The game needs players to get online and sort defence early every morning, and usually the guy who got a chance, will prelaunch ridiculously early and not show up until mid-day to get a jgp for his attack. Or he isnt arsed to get up 10 minutes earlier to offer ships before he goes to school/work.
every galaxy depends on its galaxymembers to do a little effort, and if noone contributes, then the galaxy ends up as farms.
So i understand why galaxies exile those people who repeatedly does not understand what "get the **** online" means.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2009, 16:53   #20
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

hanzi if you landed in my gal, i would exile you right away, i would prefer someone of generally intelligence and had qualities of being a friendly person, then you, a medicore player to say the !?!?most!?!?! and keep the new guy in and run him to xp doubling the score you would have contributed ingal

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2009, 19:09   #21
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

awww. i called CBA a retard a few weeks ago for refusing to defend his DLR alliancemate in my gal
CBA has an elephants memory, and the rage of an emokid :P

you need a hug. maybe Game coz he needs one too
Unread 2 Mar 2009, 22:56   #22
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Considering the competition it must be pretty embarassing to be the worst poster on these forums HaNzI.
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2009, 23:43   #23
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
hanzi if you landed in my gal, i would exile you right away, i would prefer someone of generally intelligence and had qualities of being a friendly person, then you, a medicore player to say the !?!?most!?!?! and keep the new guy in and run him to xp doubling the score you would have contributed ingal
And yet you guys exiled Lokken?

Haters
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2009, 23:55   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread is not about me.

It's about you, the heroes.

And who I do mean by the heroes? The people who read this forum.

:colbert:
Unread 4 Mar 2009, 01:58   #25
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Bleh I disagree with making gals smaller, I quite like them as they stand! Allys however are ridiculous - reduce it to 50-60 please!

On the subject of exiling noobs, Id normally judge a new members potential score as to whether exiling or not. If they seem fairly bright and willing to learn, then id keep them no matter the score. If they were on IRC all the time and didnt say f'all not responding to comments or turning up for incs, then id exile them. Obviously anyone that comes on IRC for 2hrs a night or whatever would have to be exiled as theres other gals to which they'd be better suited. Teaching and welcoming new players to the game is an important part of PA, but I dont see that it works in opposition to being a top gal if anything the reverse. The secret to being a top gal is making the most out of your shit/average players therefore its in the interests of PA players to support and educate the new players to the game.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2009, 02:03   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove View Post
Bleh I disagree with making gals smaller, I quite like them as they stand! Allys however are ridiculous - reduce it to 50-60 please!
In a round of this length it'd become completely unfeasible to expect an alliance to actually be able to cover a full galaxy then. I like big galaxies and big alliances myself to be honest but the current scenario is really unviable in my opinion.
Unread 4 Mar 2009, 15:18   #27
HeimdallR

true 50-60 member allies can't handle big gals like this.
so only the top 4 allies are really benefiting from the game the way it is now.

So still would like to see us getting back to 60 -70 member allies. and gals back down to 12 players.
will bring alot more competition back to the game then the way it is now.
cause all what the smaller allies are now, is being nothing but farms.

Finally retired

Last edited by HeimdallR; 4 Mar 2009 at 15:25.
Unread 5 Mar 2009, 15:38   #28
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I think that we need to look at galaxy disband again. As Onim identified, this is the issue.

As I've said many times before, the ideas behind the current format (giving new players the chance at finding a galaxy to play in) aren't compatible with creating new galaxies throughout the round.

Whilst I've heard many "let's cap galaxy sizes!", I haven't seen a suggestion that actually lets this work and doesn't result in players being

I'm more supportive of the private galaxy idea, but that may well cripple alliances and leave the public galaxies bloated with inactive planets. At the very least, it's going to be a bit of guesswork for balancing - and if the remaining buddy packs / random galaxies aren't good enough, you're stuck with even bigger galaxies than now.
Unread 5 Mar 2009, 17:44   #29
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

maybe not thought to the end but...
benneh relax! its just an idea...

remove exiling planets and selfexiling all together

delete inactive planets after a certain period of time (maybe some diffrent criterias here, like a planet who never inited a single roid gets exiled faster then someone who played 2 weeks and all of a sudden dissapeared)

replace open spots with late signups

10 at start, max size 12 (late signups)

remove late signup to certain gal feature also
keep the reset planet and get exiled to another gal (if the gal is extremely bad/hostile, you got the chance to start all over again) but maybe reduce it to like 1 reset each planet (if there is some other issues for a reset (then trying to land in my gal ) it can sure be handled by the support team without somehow exploring a "i reset as long as i land where i want to be" cheat

yes some are ****ed and stuck at a "bad" place
and others will find a way around it (word on the street, there have been ppl in the past signing up more then one planet )

but overall we end with smaller and more gals
and may get back to the idea of teaching the game to unexperienced players

Motto: u got what u got, try getting along with it

you can still have your fortress gals, no one is forcing anyone to join an alliance before the shuffle

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 15:40   #30
Kattepis
De aroma komt je tegemoet

Kattepis is infamous around these parts

People are just to lazy to build a decent gal and there all to greedy so they all want higher and higher.

To have topgals ingame means we need to have bad gals aswell.

My rule suggestion:

-10 players at start
-15 players max
-3 players get in the gal cause they exiled or got exiled (so max 13 with exiled planets)
-2 players are allowed ingal ONLY by late signups. That encourages every gal to search for 2 players they want and it helps in expanding the pa community.
Kattepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 18:07   #31
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

-Remove the limit on alliancetags and put all members in private gals of 10 at tick 72
Unread 8 Mar 2009, 18:51   #32
HeimdallR

if we start with private gals, im going to quit this game,
and i know there are alot of players that feel the same way.

so if you want to reduce yur playerbase with another 500 players, pls do start with priv gals.

Finally retired
Unread 8 Mar 2009, 21:05   #33
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

Problem is people give up to easy on gals.

simply remove the possibility to disband gals & autoexile inactive planets faster then atm. thats it.
Unread 9 Mar 2009, 00:24   #34
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

why not get rid of the galaxy disband feature? surely that will at least help the situation.

i've been in gals which have done poor to start with ending up with some cock end clicking the disband button, these galaxy's of which i speak went on to do quite well eventually.

So imo i believe removing the option to do it in the first place will work.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2009, 09:32   #35
Osidiradadumpf

Osidiradadumpf can only hope to improve

First set up an preferred galaxy size, add the two midround spots and make that the max size of an galaxy.

Move relocation of planets (disband, getting out of c200, self-exile) to the tick.

During the tick, first create new gals (keep bp's if possible together, but make sure that disbanding old gals won't get reformed). Leftover planets get moved to already existing gals.

With forming new gals, the planets will take their entire score with them.
Osidiradadumpf is offline   Reply With Quote