User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 23 Jul 2010, 18:51   #1
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Round 38 shipsstats discussion thread

Rumours are we are going to be using modified R29 or R30 stats. Anyone care to confirm this?

This thread will be used for the roundly "discussion/whinefest" regarding stats!
Unread 23 Jul 2010, 19:17   #2
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: Round 38 shipsstats discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Rumours are we are going to be using modified R29 or R30 stats. Anyone care to confirm this?
I can confirm that there are indeed rumours that we will be using round 29 or 30 stats.

I'm slightly in favour of r29 stats, but r30's were quite good as well.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2010, 19:22   #3
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a big deal to be honest, I am just delighted that AT LONG LAST Apocco has decided to tweak a old set of stats rather than make a new one. If he does use the R29 one he has to tweak Xan for sure.
Unread 24 Jul 2010, 02:07   #4
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

the beta manual now has the rd 29 stats in it so we can assume he is using those ones - i think there the best stats there have been so far so it should make for another good round of PA
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2010, 08:02   #5
isildurx

Okay. Looking forward to seeing what kind of tweaks is being done then. I still have fond memories of Benneh spamming recluse all round long that round.
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 17:17   #6
isildurx

So is anything being changed in the stats?
Unread 26 Jul 2010, 18:26   #7
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

He said yes, but first he wants to finish the alliance stuff.
Unread 27 Jul 2010, 10:24   #8
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Cat & Ter will be made slightly better I think

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2010, 10:16   #9
isildurx

Anything happening yo.
Unread 29 Jul 2010, 13:16   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In fairness at least this time we can be pretty sure they actually are busy with other things...
Unread 29 Jul 2010, 15:16   #11
isildurx

Most def. Not that it is a travesty if there aren't any changes.
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 13:10   #12
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Most def. Not that it is a travesty if there aren't any changes.
Well, surely a couple of changes will be made. Not like it will have to take that much time to do a simple update of a previously used and tested set of stats.

I can accept them focusing on other more pressingmatters atm though! Maybe appoco shouldnt be doing this set of stats, and maybe someone else who aint involved with "all the changes" ( hopefully there are alot! )

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 13:45   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Make the spectre like 10-12% worse, reduce xan fi's efficiencies by 7-8%, increase cath's efficencies by 5-6%, match the widow's init with cath cr's, reduce the armour on terran de by 9-10% and improve terran bs' efficiencies by 5-6%, improve etd bs by like 4-5%. Hey presto, done.
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 14:52   #14
Lex
Printer

Lex is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Make the spectre like 10-12% worse, reduce xan fi's efficiencies by 7-8%, increase cath's efficencies by 5-6%, match the widow's init with cath cr's, reduce the armour on terran de by 9-10% and improve terran bs' efficiencies by 5-6%, improve etd bs by like 4-5%. Hey presto, done.
I think we can fairly assume no-one will play Xan then
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 14:53   #15
isildurx

Lmao, hardly. Xan are still going to be perfectly playable. Xan were pretty great in r29 after all.

Last edited by isildurx; 30 Jul 2010 at 15:00.
isildurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 18:13   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
I think we can fairly assume no-one will play Xan then
I think we can safely assume that you don't understand stats then
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 19:18   #17
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

i agree with downgrading the spectre and the eff of xans fi

etd bs could be imroved also yes, to make it an option apart from the good/strong fr fleet
not sure about terran de, i like to see em as an option for less exp players to do good (avoid incs)

not sure about the other suggestions made by jbg, since i havnt really looked at it much

was cathaar that underpowered ? i remember cath co fleets beeing strong, i might be wrong though

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 19:43   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

Cath co fleets were targeted t1 by mantis and with the staggering amounts of phants/revs and cutlass flying around the universe pretty much sucked.

PS I've made some changes, mostly those I outlined above, slightly toned down the xan nerfing to avoid annoying the retard brigade.
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 19:47   #19
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Cath co fleets were targeted t1 by mantis and with the staggering amounts of phants/revs and cutlass flying around the universe pretty much sucked.

PS I've made some changes, mostly those I outlined above, slightly toned down the xan nerfing to avoid annoying the retard brigade.
link us

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 19:49   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

For the love of god it's the beta.planetarion.com link

http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=122064086225
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 19:53   #21
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
For the love of god it's the beta.planetarion.com link

http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=122064086225
ahh lol, didnt know u have the prviledge to change the beta stats allready...

how do you do that shit ?

Unread 30 Jul 2010, 19:55   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
ahh lol, didnt know u have the prviledge to change the beta stats allready...

how do you do that shit ?
<JBG> let me fix the stats if you're too busy <3
<JBG> i'm actually in on a friday
<Appocomaster> ha

Like that.
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 21:36   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

As most people probably missed this I'd like to bring up a highly amusing thread from the beta forums, one that is largely indicative of the sort of outright retards that stats makers often have to deal with.

Based on the original r29 stats (ie before I made any changes) someone posted that the weakest races were xan and zik. Total number of xan and zik t10 and t100 planets in r29? 7 and 54. Other people agreed with him. The original poster backed up his argument for zik being weak by referencing the problems zik had last round with stealing useless ships, something which is basically not a problem at all in multi-targeting rounds.

I responded pointing out how laughably retarded all this was. Someone else then replied to me

Quote:
The Reason there was so many zik's was because they team up with all the Xan's all the time. Zik + xan fake = roids. With zik having an almost impossible Attack fleet unless you are going fi/co its really not worth it to play Zik especially with "run and hide". It makes it really hard for zik to attack because the only steals they will get are lucky attack crashers.
Now, the first thing did not happen. Ziks and xans faking along with them did not happen that often at all. Admittedly run and hide changes things slightly now but there were plenty of ziks in r29 who had mostly zik fleets and did perfectly well (reference the r29 who we were thread where 4 t100 ziks post and only 1 had stolen much of anything).
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 23:10   #24
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

are we getting the stats or not... I'm already back to AoC and won't definately sign up before I see the bloody stats to see if there's any point playing as round is already kinda big question mark thx to that alliance xp thingys possible abuses etc.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 23:23   #25
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen View Post
are we getting the stats or not... I'm already back to AoC and won't definately sign up before I see the bloody stats to see if there's any point playing as round is already kinda big question mark thx to that alliance xp thingys possible abuses etc.
they are final now
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 23:53   #26
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen View Post
as round is already kinda big question mark thx to that alliance xp thingys possible abuses etc.
There will definitely be no alliance xp thingy possible abuses this round.
Unread 31 Jul 2010, 00:03   #27
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Look under his name...the custom title says it all...
Unread 31 Jul 2010, 07:06   #28
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

a tad, off to festivals again before hangover hits.. "awesome" stats by just glancing at them.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 14:50   #29
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

I see ASC is going FRDE with that laughable Rogue change.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 14:51   #30
M0RPH3US
idle

finally someone whining in this thread

Unread 2 Aug 2010, 15:24   #31
Patrikc

Because the Shadow didn't already pwn the Rogue at 135% efficiency.
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 15:26   #32
isildurx

Someone is going Xan FR?
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 16:25   #33
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K View Post
I see ASC is going FRDE with that laughable Rogue change.
Who did the orginal and the last minute change to the stats?
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 17:16   #34
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisley View Post
who did the orginal and the last minute change to the stats?
jbg
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 17:17   #35
isildurx

Still going to be very very hard for FR\DE to hit ziks.
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 17:54   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

The rogue was originally changed because a bunch of faggots were whining about not being able to play zikonian like the retards they are (ie not stealing outside their fleet). At the time, this was all done fairly quickly, I hadn't noticed that the rogue was the only seriously good anti-ter bs def. So I asked appoco to change things.

At this point it seems a lot of people really like terran de. Somewhat strange as ter de is like 9% worse than it was that round, salvage is lower and almost everything which can roid it got improved. Terran even lost 5% off their cons bonus this round (although I dunno if everybody missed that). I guess a lot of people like it because you can play it in retard mode and probably not **** it up. Personally I'm going for something which can roid ter de!
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 18:02   #37
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

cath co then?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 18:11   #38
isildurx

Nothing can roid ter DE solo fs That is the joy of Ter!
And no, I didn't know Ter had lost 5% to cons, why isn't shit like this added to 'round changes' posts(or was it?)?

edit: Terran DE is going to be spectacularily bad at capping roids though!
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 18:11   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

Hahahaha ur bad at pa
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 20:22   #40
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Is the Rogue suppose to be so weak vs EMP?
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 22:46   #41
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Nothing can roid ter DE solo fs
You're kidding right?

ETD:
http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=93wpvw5cr5hktgc
XAN:
http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=5q5kq94xjb10vn3

And yes, the attackers value IS higher, because who really attacks planets with high value in this game.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r45-46 [FAnG]
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 22:55   #42
Patrikc

And isil's intention is to, you know, have higher value than yours.

Nice disproportionate fleets though!
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 00:12   #43
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The rogue was originally changed because a bunch of faggots were whining about not being able to play zikonian like the retards they are (ie not stealing outside their fleet). At the time, this was all done fairly quickly, I hadn't noticed that the rogue was the only seriously good anti-ter bs def. So I asked appoco to change things.
just to confirm that these stats are final?
So no other stat changes to be made?
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 00:22   #44
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
And isil's intention is to, you know, have higher value than yours.

Nice disproportionate fleets though!
Ya gotta find the new and improved way to work game mechanics in your favor eh?
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r45-46 [FAnG]
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 00:36   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
just to confirm that these stats are final?
So no other stat changes to be made?
Ja.
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 00:39   #46
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So no deathstar?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 06:19   #47
isildurx

30% ter ;\

edit: lolling at Psi_K's breps
Unread 26 Sep 2010, 19:23   #48
isildurx

Pretty decent stats this round in my opinion. The question now is, who is making the stats next round and will they be based on a previous set of stats like this round's was? In my opinion basing stats on a old set is a good way to go as it makes it a ton eaiser to balance them.
Unread 27 Sep 2010, 01:30   #49
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Pretty decent stats this round in my opinion. The question now is, who is making the stats next round and will they be based on a previous set of stats like this round's was? In my opinion basing stats on a old set is a good way to go as it makes it a ton eaiser to balance them.
Your opinion is wrong. These stats were pretty horrible and quite unbalanced in multiple ways. But then, when did you ever know anything about stats? :/
Unread 27 Sep 2010, 05:56   #50
isildurx

"hahaha"

So, which races were so vastly overpowered then? I'm going to guess you think etd is overpowered.

Good to see you contribute with a constructive post as per usual..

Last edited by isildurx; 27 Sep 2010 at 06:04.
isildurx is offline   Reply With Quote