User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 29 May 2009, 01:10   #1
DragonKing

DragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to all
emegancy hyperdrive

okay maybe this idea has been suggested before maybe it has been talked about so first i set the scene

night sky over a planet, massive fleets locked in combat, the attackers hevily out numbered dieing all around. in a last desprate move the commanders of the last few attaking ships hit emergancy hyperspace, hevily damaged there ships limp home.

in game terms

people crash attacks sometimes because of bad calcing, cometimes because of poor calcing. lack of scans, simply noob, over sleeping .... and on and on.

i think this shouldnt have to ruin a persons round at least give them the chance to rebuild, so in a case where the attacker crashes
10% of there total attacking fleet should be listed as hevily damanged insteasd of just destroyed, yes the defender still gets salavge and if those ships havnt fired yet they shouldnt nor can the fleet cap roids, and this 10% should return home at a random eta to stop the real ****** who would want to FC them

before you just reject this idea asking why we should help people who are crashing ask how many people crash then quit, this way they can learn from there mistakes and still have somthing to use crashing 1 million fi co still would leave you with 100k no where near where you were but enough to start again at a lower level

Round 27 28 HA DC BC, 29 VGN DC, 30 ND DC, 31 32 HA head DC,
Round 33 34 35 ND DC
Round 36 37 38 ND HC DC
Round 39 to Forever ND DC
DragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2009, 03:35   #2
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: emegancy hyperdrive

I see nothing wrong with that idea though I don't have the twisted mind of some players eager to abuse even the most basic features...
Unread 29 May 2009, 05:44   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Would it cost anything to repair the damaged ships? Damage is an interesting concept and I think should be further explored. It is a bit odd that in PA ships are either killed or survive, there is nothing in the middle. Would be interesting to explore this idea further.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2009, 05:53   #4
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

at first glace, it seems like a good idea, but it also sounds like a coding nightmare.
Unread 31 May 2009, 23:08   #5
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This could also be a research / construction. Like suggested with increasing salvage with Salvage Centres etc. Repair stations, can reduce amount of killed ships by 0.5% each which can be repaired upon return. Ofc this has to be capped somewhere, around 5-10% perhaps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2009, 07:33   #6
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
Would it cost anything to repair the damaged ships? Damage is an interesting concept and I think should be further explored. It is a bit odd that in PA ships are either killed or survive, there is nothing in the middle. Would be interesting to explore this idea further.

Sounds good to me also, but the problem comes when obviously the fleets moving the most gets damaged the most (most battles) and I wouldnt like to punish ship movement :=) Then we should take in the scrab collectors, higher salvage and so on to balance it.

Imo this original suggestion goes under the wanted fleet formations, fleet commanders, ie. fight till last man, flee if damaged etc. I like it however.

Wishmaster is on right tracks also, but dont leave it as only booring construction.
Unread 1 Jun 2009, 09:58   #7
lince

lince will become famous soon enoughlince will become famous soon enough

I generally agree with the idea, but there's also a flaw: salvage donation ...
That's was the main reason to lower salvage %, and now, with this feature, one might crash, donate salvage and still get a certain amount of their fleet ...
lince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2009, 16:29   #8
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

pfff just don't crash you retards.

wouldn't invest in "salvage centers" cause i asume every round i won't crash.

would build them if i got more salvage from people crashing on my planet - wouldn't see any other use for them.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote