User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Jun 2005, 06:10   #101
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Re: AudioScrobbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Do your mp3s have tags?
what are tags? something to do with mp3?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 06:16   #102
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

They're what tells your mp3 player of choice the track title, artist etc. in a standardised way (as oppose to using the filename).
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 06:18   #103
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

aight, Alt + 3 is the most used combination while using winamp

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 10:16   #104
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

so how do i see if they have tags?
i think they do, 'cos wmp seems to know who they're by and what album they're from.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:03   #105
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Then you have them. Is your plugin turned on?
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:05   #106
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Yes I bought some tracks on some of the download services, admittedly most have been using credits I got for free ( mycokemusic is great for this atm)

What exacty is wrong with that, sometimes i want to support an act I like but cba to go down town or wait a few days for it to arrive just to end up ripping it to mp3.
One word: DRM.
Although some services provide DRM-free mp3s. The Warp music store is an example.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:09   #107
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

it seems to be turned on, no idea why it's not doing its job though.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:13   #108
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

sorted it out now, as it turns out i forgot to log on on the plugin thingy . turns out i'm probably just an idiot.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:59   #109
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
One word: DRM.
Although some services provide DRM-free mp3s. The Warp music store is an example.
If the DRM was restricting me from doing anything I couldnt with my cd's then yes it might be a problem but its not so it doesnt really bother me. Although having said that breaking the drm on the tracks isnt hard if it does become a problem, you just burn them to a cdrw as an audio track (something the drm allows you to do) and then rip them as you would a normal cd and you have none DRM copies. Ok I guess this might result in lower quality tracks due to the conversions being done but seeing as im not playing them through a £1k sound system and am never likly to its not a problem.

Basically the plus points of getting them in this manner out weigh the negative points for me
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote