User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 10 Jun 2003, 20:33   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
NTL 1mbit?

As i'm in the process of networking all the computers here together (4 in total for now) was considering upgrading the NTL 150k connection to a 1mbit.

Anyone use it and have an opinion?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 22:08   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
While i only have the 600k atm now the cap has been dropped its well worth getting (the introduction of the cap put me off upgrading but the dropping of it has made its osmething i'm now considering)

Just be careful if you ever have an ntl engeneer around as the AUP states your only allowed THREE machines connected to the internet connection
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 22:23   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
While i only have the 600k atm now the cap has been dropped its well worth getting (the introduction of the cap put me off upgrading but the dropping of it has made its osmething i'm now considering)

Just be careful if you ever have an ntl engeneer around as the AUP states your only allowed THREE machines connected to the internet connection
as we already have 150k BB doesn't that mean they just have to change it at their end and we download the new config file and away we go...?

the NTL engineers who came round last time were clueless, so doubt that'd be a problem anyway
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 16:57   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Only 3?
Heh - better get the cable installed to our house for next year BEFORE the network gear (there'll be 8 PCs using the cable connection, and a 9th that's connected directly to it as a router).