User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 19 Apr 2004, 09:23   #1
saul7

Question Installing Mandrake 10 or reinstalling

Heh everyone, the other day I tried to install Mandrake 10 from CD to my IBM Thinkpad 600 standalone. I hadn't partitioned for the first run which didn't work. I then decided I'd give Windows the boot and install Mandrake over the top but without typing any login or password which it seemed to let me do. No good, I can't get in after rebooting. Suggestions much appreciated as I don't know how to reinstall either.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 11:23   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Installing Mandrake 10 or reinstalling

Both the Mandrake CD and the Windows CD should be bootable. Just leave the cd in the drive when you restart the computer and it should start setup for you.
If it doesn't, it's likely your computer isn't set to boot of CDs so you'll have to go into the bios and change that, but that's pretty simple...
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 17:02   #3
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Installing Mandrake 10 or reinstalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
If it doesn't, it's likely your computer isn't set to boot of CDs so you'll have to go into the bios and change that, but that's pretty simple...
To get in the bios, keep pressing the delete key, as soon as you turn on the computer. (A sentence saying when to press delete to get into the bios appears when you turn on the computer, but it is likely not visible if the monitor is slower than the computer at turning on.)

Then search through the cryptic menus and stuff that appears, until you find something that mentions boot order. Change it to try to boot from cd before trying hard/floppy disk somehow, and figure out how to exit, saving settings.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote