User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 21 May 2017, 08:12   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Forums and Forum Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
Feel free to delete posts that spam. I have a few. I agree we may need more mods. Not sure this is the thread to discuss though
This was kind of my point. As head of the PA Team and ergo head of the Forums whilst there is no structure in place you should have created this thread to discuss how to revamp the setup.

What is needed:

A team of active, relevant and responsible moderators working under one experienced Head Moderator to bring the forums up to date and make them a fun and informative place to congregate rather than the horrible, troll infested place they have become.

What would they do:

Each moderator would be reponsible for a new looking and more relevant and streamlined area of the Forums.

I would suggest trimming the options down to Announcements, Suggestions, Strategy, Alliance, Ingame Discussion (AD) and Non Game Discussion. Each of these could have a Moderator and have sub catergories under these, ie. Strategy having Ship Stats, Tickplanning etc sub sections.

What else would make it better to come here

A) Stopping forcing people to post, the user needs to want to post, not be made to for a asteroid reward.

B) Make more links from the game to the forums. The current link is in the top bar of the full website page but doesnt appear in the 'easier load' mobile page. The website one is also not in the eye line of play being above everything else so its easily missed. Put it front and centre on the Home page above the Quests. Add a link to it on both ingame Forum pages and the Alliance page.

C) Only put the EoRC on the forums. Provide the link via ingame mail (and maybe a mail to every users email address). The more exclusive content the forums have the higher the traffic will be. The Head Mod should be regularly (weekly) posting Universe wide mail about new things on the forums and linking them. The more in the public eye they are the more people will use them and the more active the mod team the better the regulation on the content, making them a nicer place to visit.

D) Moderators and the Head Moderator need to play the game currently! One of the huge issues people have with the MH Team is that they havent played in so long there opinion doesnt match the current playerbase. Dont pick moderators who last played in 2005!! A currently playing team will create threads on relevant subjects and make the forums content something people want to read.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote