User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Sep 2006, 21:26   #1
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Fr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these parts
EggDrop Alliance Script.

I have taken it apon myself to create something to give back to the Alliance Community.

I am currently in the process of making a member mangement system and much more.

The Features Will Include the following.

Target Searching
Defence System
Attack System
Activity Reports on your members (Bot watches for there nicknames to come online and notifies you in HC Channel)

Advanced Auditing System.

Basicly it generates reports on the following who has had how much defence who sent what where and what time it was sent and reported.

Also you can see which planet has been attacked and by whom.

Attack system will include the following it takes into account of your fleet and calcs all the possible targets and tells you which one would give you the best outcome.

At the moment I expect many more features to be included but I would like some ideas and also some Volunteers to help beta test and report bugs.

Also if there are any TCL Coders out there I would love to hear from you. This script was made due to I could not find a decent eggdrop publicy released for alliances which would benifit everyone.
Fr0sten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 21:29   #2
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Re: EggDrop Alliance Script.

good luck fr0sten, sounds like some nice things. would defo be a help for the smaller alliances who could use some tech etc

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 22:06   #3
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Fr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
good luck fr0sten, sounds like some nice things. would defo be a help for the smaller alliances who could use some tech etc

I am not one to say where to get eggdrops from, But I would reccommend www.sh3lls.net they are the largest shell provider in the world and have a reputation which is really good.
*Source (Shell Reviews)

There eggdrop prices are really good and also some of the vhosts are very amusing they do other products as well.

But mainly this eggdrop is not only for small alliances but larger ones as well. I would love to make everyones dreams come true.

And for people to fall in love with this script.

Simple things like applying to become a member is much easier. Simply type !apply in the channel and the bot sees which Recruitment Officers are online if none are It takes note that you tried to apply and notifys the first Recruitment Officer that comes online this part is coded and already tested. You can also leave a message for a recruitment officer
!note send RO <your message> in PM.
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 23:06   #4
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

that is a great idea.
i know there are some minimal bots out there that are just for getting started or to get ideas (i.e. SN33KYS)
but this is osmething that smaller alliances who dont know much about TECH or dont have a tech department would appreciate.
im sure a few other might take the advantage of it too.
GL with it
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 07:59   #5
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade
that is a great idea.
i know there are some minimal bots out there that are just for getting started or to get ideas (i.e. SN33KYS)
but this is osmething that smaller alliances who dont know much about TECH or dont have a tech department would appreciate.
im sure a few other might take the advantage of it too.
GL with it
A Beta Release will be released this sunday.
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 08:16   #6
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

nice idea.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 15 Sep 2006 at 16:42.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 08:02   #7
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Nice idea yes - but hosting an eggdrop isnt cheap - no hosting is -

Tips

Dont go for the cheapest you can find - you get what u pay for and once your alliance gets reliant on this sort of tech its very hard to not have it.

Monthly pay is ok - but finding a deal that covers the year with one payment works out cheaper in the long run.

The owner or techie running it must be reliable and contactable 24/7 .
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 08:35   #8
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
Nice idea yes - but hosting an eggdrop isnt cheap - no hosting is -

Tips

Dont go for the cheapest you can find - you get what u pay for and once your alliance gets reliant on this sort of tech its very hard to not have it.

Monthly pay is ok - but finding a deal that covers the year with one payment works out cheaper in the long run.

$33.00 USD = roughly £17.52 at max exchange rate your looking about £20.00 a year which is hardly very much.

Check out: http://tinyurl.com/l47dq

This hosting company has over 20 servers and is the largest Eggdrop/Shell Supplier in the world.

Take a look @ http://www.sh3lls.net/server.htm for more information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
The owner or techie running it must be reliable and contactable 24/7 .
This is very true I would highly reccommend sms / phone contact. Which is why I have coded a simple to use system.

It takes information such as incomings and can relay that information between two bots. My script does require 2 bots but can run on one bot.
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 09:06   #9
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Appologies to all,

There will be a slight delay in me releasing the alliance eggdrop script today.

It will be released Later on this week. I have had a few last minute ideas that are somewhat very much needed. The extra time gives me a chance to re write the whole code and optimise it.

Thanks

Nick
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 12:28   #10
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

when you do release it fr0sten dont forget to add a brief user manual of all the commands if only for the users from smaller alliances whom dont have experience with bots / eggdrop

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 19:43   #11
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

/me always looks forward to see how different people script different bots.
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 00:36   #12
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline
when you do release it fr0sten dont forget to add a brief user manual of all the commands if only for the users from smaller alliances whom dont have experience with bots / eggdrop
Not that I see any smaller alliances who don't already have the same level tech using it. The problem the small alliances always end up facing when tools like this are released with the view of helping them is the tools are never in the most user friendly implementations so its often beyond their level of knowledge.

Additionally while the cost may seem fairly minor, running an alliance, especially an alliance that isn't as well equipped can be fairly expensive and if you have that kind of time on your hands to put into such an alliance but not the resources to have a tech set-up then you possible don't have the disposable income available and not the depth of people to call on to help fund it.

So while the release of code is great and the sharing of ideas and practices helps other techies out there if small alliances are going to be helped get such tools we really need a official solution to remove the insalation, setup and security side and to remove the costs
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 09:13   #13
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Hello,

There will be an extensive manual! This is the reason for delay there is no point in me releasing this script without a long and lengthy manual in PDF Format

I have also included an eggdrop.conf file as well.

So basicly its at the moment being released with instructions on how to unzip / compile / configure the eggdrop and its script.

The script setup is very easy. I am somewhat tempted to make a installation script but I am sure you are all itching to look at the code.

Should anyone need anyhelp please do drop me a PM.
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 15:09   #14
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Any site where I can find some info about the programming language? I always thought most eggdrops were written in PERL.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 16:02   #15
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

They are generally done in TCL i believe which is a scripting language. I don't really know anything else about TCL but check wikpedia which will give you an overview and some links
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 16:13   #16
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga
Any site where I can find some info about the programming language? I always thought most eggdrops were written in PERL.

I have a few websites I use,

http://www.tclhelp.org/
http://www.tcl.tk/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tcl (Best link out of the ones i gave you)

#Fear on NetGamers

irc://irc.quakenet.org/planetarion
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 19:29   #17
Audacious

Audacious is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds good Fr0st
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 20:57   #18
cisco
B0B's m8

cisco will become famous soon enoughcisco will become famous soon enough

all a really great idea Frosten, i have loads of self-written tcl for eggdrop developped for pa, so gimme a shout on irc and we'll chat
Unread 23 Sep 2006, 21:45   #19
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Dude you _really_ ought to go outside from time to time!
Unread 24 Sep 2006, 17:03   #20
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
Dude you _really_ ought to go outside from time to time!
There is an outside?

/me goes to look out of his window

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote