User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 02:06   #1
Mystic
Euphoria HC - Retired
 
Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 63
Mystic is on a distinguished road
Official Denial Statement

Today the game was plunged into great discussion and gossip about what went on with Denial.
Rumours were spread. Accounts had been closed and everyone wanted to know who it was and what happened.
As the hours passed, the closure of 3 Denial HCs was made known to the public.
This came as a shock to Denial members, the command team and the other alliances in the universe.
There has always been a long list of people through the history of this game, who have exploited some aspect of the game.
The involved members and HCs realise they made a mistake and admit there was a lapse of proper judgement. They accept the fact that they were closed for breaching the player code.
The Denial Command team have decided collectively that one person's actions regardless of command position will not break something that has taken multiple people to build.
With this we humbly ask the Planetarion community to forgive and accept that people are flawed and this is now history.
Denial are ready to face the challenges infront of us, and we will keep playing with a complete and effective command team to give you a fair fight for universe dominance!
Denial HC
__________________
R49 - R58 Break Part Trois | R59 Inferno NuBh R60 - 69 CT | R70-71 Ult nubh
R39 - 43 Break Part Deux | R44-R48 Ult NuBh | R34-35 Euphoria HC
R32 ND Pe0n | R33 P3n HC | R34-37 Break | R38 CT NuBh
R28 Carebears Peon | R29 Denial Mascot | R30 Omen Funboy | R31 ToF Scanner
R21 Subh HC | R22-24 OFF | R25 Insomnia - Urwins | R26-27 Denial HC
R16 ToF Nub | R17 InS | R18 Escape-ToF | R19 [db] | R20 Destiny-Insurrection
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 02:12   #2
Recluse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 318
Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all
Re: Official Denial Statement

I <3 you Mystic!
__________________
*KoN* ~~ *NoS* ~~ *Fang* ~~ *Angels* ~~ *Urwins* ~~ *TheFallen* ~~ *Spore* ~~ *Ult Def Planet* ~~

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 08:16   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son
 
Tietäjä's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,990
Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Official Denial Statement

Could we have, to entertain us outsiders, a covering report on who haxed, what haxed, and who had multiple bot accounts, please. I'm totally out of the loop but good gossip's always worth it.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 08:22   #4
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion
 
SteInMetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Posts: 468
SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold
Re: Official Denial Statement

Its pretty much in the other thread, named Denial HCS or so.
__________________

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 13:54   #5
jerome
.
 
jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,382
jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Official Denial Statement

koks, reese (apparently reese is a she in which case if she is fit i'm willing to let this act of abhorrence slide) and eksero
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 13:58   #6
Tietäjä
Good Son
 
Tietäjä's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,990
Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Official Denial Statement

"She is fit" and you are willing to let it "slide" as in Crusie-way?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 15:58   #7
fellah
[TOF]Yakuza
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7
fellah is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

Keeping HC who cheat in place is a stupid and careless thing to do imo. Their actions cant be justified in anyway. As for ur pleed for forgiveness, what did u do when asscandy was accused of cheating last round ? I hope u get the same threatment.

a gladly denied ex-denial
fellah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 16:28   #8
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion
 
Hosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Aus > NZ
Posts: 74
Hosie is a glorious beacon of lightHosie is a glorious beacon of lightHosie is a glorious beacon of lightHosie is a glorious beacon of lightHosie is a glorious beacon of lightHosie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
we will keep playing with a complete and effective command team to give you a fair fight for universe dominance!
If your being deliberately ironic there then well done. If your not your rather shit.
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 16:51   #9
VenoX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 496
VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosie
If your being deliberately ironic there then well done. If your not your rather shit.
considering the accused were closed, and deleted/reset, then yes, it is a fair fight now. I don't get your problem. If this were an issue alliance wide that everyone was using and STILL using, i could understand, but it wasnt and isnt. I guess ur signature says it all.
__________________
Founder and HC of [Denial] and [Evolution]
VenoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 16:57   #10
Alki
Drink is Good
 
Alki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,122
Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Official Denial Statement

Bad cheaters always get caught, I guess you other cool cats were just a little bit better
__________________
Can we please have a moment of silence...........
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 17:15   #11
Aedolaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

(1) If I am not mistaken the general principle is that: cheating is forbidden.
(2) Now, this means many things, but I am not sure that it includes a duty to report someone known to be cheating, unless you are a multi-hunter. .
(3) However, I am sure it is understood by the community that HCs have extra duties, not only to their players, but to the community at large. And besides MHs, HCs may have a duty to report cheaters. IF SO:
(4) What happens when a group of HCs willfully ignore 'cheating in their midst'? Should they and the ally peons be excused because they 'really' did not know? Should the community exonerate those who fail to observe their duty to police themselves?
(5) NO. The community should not fully forgive them. They were responsible to monitor themselves and they FAILED do it properly! The 'no cheating' policy was not strong enough in this alliance and some of its members (senior nonetheless) deliberately engaged in cheating. NONE of them are fully 'free of fault,' and therefore THEY ALL may legitimately be punished! This is a team game after all!!!!
(6) Or should we now risk similar occurrences in the future? Cheaters to be will calculate that they may be closed if caught, but their alliances would suffer little, so, why not take the chance? Success only come to those who risk it, right? (Thats is precisely the instict fueling most crimes).
(7) If we allow an entire MINOR-alliance to go on unscathed by this event we are signaling to the community at large that cheaters will be punished, but alliances that fail to police themselves will only receive a slap in the wrist. (Hear yee Top 5) This is not a valid message. In fact, this is a bad message to put out there.
(8) Some may say, well, what if the alliance did all it could to prevent this? And this is a fair question. If an alliance was TRULY non-negligent then I can see an argument sounding in equity. But it is irrelevant to this particular event.
(9) Thus, if we agree HCs had a duty, if they had to prevent/investigate and report cheating; if they failed to do this, if cheaters, and thus the alliance, benefited to the detriment of the community, THEN if we don't punish the entire alliance, future HCs will not think it twice before wilfully ignoring cheaters, because there won't be any consequence. Or worst perhaps, HCs may even cultivate a 'don't ask/don't tell policy' among their tech savy (geeks :P ) players, or even engaging in cheating themselves.
(10) Therefore I suggest the community demands every Denial account to be reset & Denial tag barred from this round. ex-players may do as they will, they may each plead their case when applying to new alliances and that would be their trial & tribulation ... is a free round anyways, they can only complain so much! They may, if so they choose, come back next round and try to redeem themselves.
(11) And in return they, indeed WE ALL, may even learn an enduring lesson in Ethics.

Last edited by Aedolaws; 23 Jun 2008 at 23:24.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 17:34   #12
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion
 
Hosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Aus > NZ
Posts: 74
Hosie is a glorious beacon of lightHosie is a glorious beacon of lightHosie is a glorious beacon of lightHosie is a glorious beacon of lightHosie is a glorious beacon of lightHosie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX
considering the accused were closed, and deleted/reset, then yes, it is a fair fight now. I don't get your problem. If this were an issue alliance wide that everyone was using and STILL using, i could understand, but it wasnt and isnt. I guess ur signature says it all.
I just find it amusing that after 3/4 HCs get caught cheating you say things like that. Sure you might be giving everyone a "fair fight" now but if they hadn't been caught you would still be happily playing on an uneven field.

But I guess your sig says it all and I shouldn't expect you to be unbiased.
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 17:47   #13
Stoom
Bragpack™
 
Stoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 804
Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Denial Statement

What's this I hear about elviz closed again?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 17:52   #14
VenoX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 496
VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosie
I just find it amusing that after 3/4 HCs get caught cheating you say things like that. Sure you might be giving everyone a "fair fight" now but if they hadn't been caught you would still be happily playing on an uneven field.
There's no IF in this case, they were caught and punished. This thread is a statement about NOW so yes this is valid. Now go troll somewhere else, like under a bridge where u belong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedolaws
(5) NO. The community should not fully forgive them. They were responsible to monitor themselves and they FAILED do it properly! The 'no cheating' policy was not strong enough in this alliance and some of its members (senior nonetheless) deliberately engaged in cheating. THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED!
And they were, ur point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedolaws
(7) If we allow an entire MINOR-alliance to go on unscathed by this event we are signaling to the community at large that cheaters will be punished, but alliances that fail to police themselves will only receive a slap in the wrist. (Hear yee Top 5) This is not a valid message. In fact, this is a bad message to put out there.
Why have multi hunters if its up to HC's to do their jobs for them? Don't be a moron. And I wouldn't call Denial a MINOR alliance either, but i guess thats a matter of opinion. We lost 5 high ranked planets (including 3 HC, 1 of which quit and 2 who got their high ranked planets reset), that is not "unscathed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedolaws
(10) Therefore I suggest the community demands every Denial account to be reset & Denial tag barred from this round. ex-players may do as they will, they may each plead their case when applying to new alliances and that would be their trial & tribulation (they [WE ALL] may even learn a lesson in Ethics)... is a free round anyways.
I can't believe u even wasted ur time with such rubbish to get to a 10th point, let alone one so terrible as the one u make here. What have the members got to plead for, they did nothing wrong. Why shud they be put on trial just because ur an idiot and think they should be.
__________________
Founder and HC of [Denial] and [Evolution]
VenoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 18:02   #15
Aedolaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

VenoX, I understand you feel you have to defend the indefensible.

(1) No, the entire alliance has not been punished. And they should. supra
(2) MHs are merely an extrinsic police mechanism, and probably deal mostly with n00bs that think having multiple accounts will improve their fun/luck.
(3) HCs should be responsible for the behavior of their players. supra
(4) We, as players, should cultivate our own culture, which should include, and in fact includes: no cheating!
(5) HCs, as leaders, should be role models of proper behavior and allied players, as the veteran generation, should blindly observe this rule.
(6) Again, MH are mostly meant to police n00bs who don't yet know how the game works (and, yes, also the few wise asses that gamble it each round).
(7) DENIAL is a MINOR alliance! period!
(8) Everybody in the alliance failed to investigate, discover and report cheating. How do we know this? The whole ordeal became public before the alliance did anything to "fix" itself.
(9) As a team, you all failed, and thus you should be disqualified!

Last edited by Aedolaws; 23 Jun 2008 at 18:33.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 18:05   #16
VenoX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 496
VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: Official Denial Statement

Are you a priest?
__________________
Founder and HC of [Denial] and [Evolution]
VenoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 18:37   #17
jerome
.
 
jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,382
jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Official Denial Statement

cheating is 100% ok if you don't get caught. i only bothering reporting people to be closed when there's an advantage in it for me to be gained (usually this is simply a gain in planet rank or one less enemy and so on)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 18:46   #18
.Disc.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 227
.Disc. is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

Aedolaws, your a complete and utter moron, 3-4 people are adjudged to have cheated, so your idea is to ban the other 71 people from playing, and delete the last 400 hours of their hard work??

Maybe you should join the Planetarion Hierarchy, you could be just the ticket to make Planetarion demise even quicker than it already is doing.

Idiot.
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 18:51   #19
Phil^
Insomniac
 
Phil^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,584
Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Official Denial Statement

the planets involved were punished through a combination of closure and resets.
If the rest of the community doesnt feel this was punishment enough, you can always go and punish them more ingame.
__________________
Phil^
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 18:55   #20
.Disc.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 227
.Disc. is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
the planets involved were punished through a combination of closure and resets.
If the rest of the community doesnt feel this was punishment enough, you can always go and punish them more ingame.
again, moron
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 18:58   #21
Phil^
Insomniac
 
Phil^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,584
Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Disc.
again, moron
How so?
Care to explain the flaw in the logic of pointing out that there is a perfectly acceptable way for other players to punish one another.
Persistant incoming for one?
__________________
Phil^
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 19:00   #22
Aedolaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Disc.
Aedolaws, your a complete and utter moron, 3-4 people are adjudged to have cheated, so your idea is to ban the other 71 people from playing, and delete the last 400 hours of their hard work??

Maybe you should join the Planetarion Hierarchy, you could be just the ticket to make Planetarion demise even quicker than it already is doing.

Idiot.


It is not "my idea." Players cheated & the alliance failed to prevent it. Had they been un-allied players, then we would not be talking about this. Had the alliance reported and corrected itself, then we would not be talking about this. Neither of this happened moron!
I am not talking about "banning" people, idiot! As you yourself concede, is a reset!
400 hours of "hard work?," "hard work,"? come on! IS A GAME!!!
I really have no clue what you mean with the last one, imbecile! BE MORE CLEAR!
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 19:03   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Space Invaders Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,494
Mzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedolaws
It is not "my idea." Players cheated & the alliance failed to prevent it. Had they been un-allied players, then we would not be talking about this. Had the alliance reported and corrected itself, then we would not be talking about this. Neither of this happened moron!
I am not talking about "banning" people, idiot! As you yourself concede, is a reset!
You failed to prevent it too. As did I. And my neighbour. You cannot hold people accountable for the behaviour of others. It's simple as that.
__________________
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 19:07   #24
Aedolaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

mens rea + harm = punishment! Otherwise, we all go down a notch.

Yes Mzy, and the community at large is already harmed by their behavior.
I am only talking about players in A TEAM, and only talking about 1 round.
This is just retribution! And, deterrence for future behavior! A way to return to status quo!

Last edited by Aedolaws; 23 Jun 2008 at 19:25.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 19:08   #25
.Disc.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 227
.Disc. is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedolaws
It is not "my idea." Players cheated & the alliance failed to prevent it. Had they been un-allied players, then we would not be talking about this. Had the alliance reported and corrected itself, then we would not be talking about this. Neither of this happened moron!
I am not talking about "banning" people, idiot! As you yourself concede, is a reset!
400 hours of "hard work?," "hard work,"? come on! IS A GAME!!!
I really have no clue what you mean with the last one, imbecile! BE MORE CLEAR!

no1 in denial knew that the planets were even closed let alone for cheating, and or knew about cheating til after pa's intervention, so your whole arguement is bull
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 19:11   #26
Aedolaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

no, actually, that is part of my argument! supra
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 19:11   #27
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Space Invaders Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,494
Mzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Official Denial Statement

I'm sorry to say (and even more sorry to agree with Disc), but you're an idiot.
__________________
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 19:14   #28
Aedolaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

Perhaps. But I am an idiot for wasting my time writing this, here, now, but not because my argument is flawed.

Calling me an idiot does not invalidate anything.

And someone like you surely know how much someone like me cares about being called an idiot for writing this, here, now.

Heh. Enough damage for today, I am off for the day.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 21:51   #29
Ghosteh
Pariah
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 36
Ghosteh has a spectacular aura aboutGhosteh has a spectacular aura aboutGhosteh has a spectacular aura about
Re: Official Denial Statement

Aedolaws is clearly a law student, because a only a law student could put so many legal terms in their writing while clearly demonstrating they have no clue whatsoever as how they are properly used.

Somebody page Yahwe up here, quick.
Ghosteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 21:53   #30
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Space Invaders Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,494
Mzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Official Denial Statement

Hey Ghosteh, weren't you a law student at one point?
__________________
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 22:56   #31
Aedolaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

What is your point? Just to bash me? What does it matter if I am a law student? Is this classic ad hominem? (there, just to annoy you even more)

But tell me, I am curious, which legal terms are those that I misused?

Out of the hundreds of words I used, I can pick a handful that could be considered legal terms: rule, mens rea, negligent, punishment, deterrence, harm, willful ignorance, investigate, duty, and the old therefore.

I think that I used them all correctly in this lay context, especially since we are talking about rules, breaching, and consequences. So tell me how was it that 'I clearly demonstrated' I don't know how to use them properly? Please, explain by e-mail or in public, I don't care. If I did, believe me, I would like to correct my ways.

Last edited by Aedolaws; 24 Jun 2008 at 21:36.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 23:49   #32
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader
 
Rikard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Apeldoorn / Amsterdam
Posts: 330
Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice
Re: Official Denial Statement

Using Latin does not make you look cool or smart.
__________________
NiNEONE
we look a lot tougher then we are

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2008, 23:55   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned
 
JonnyBGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Further to the right
Posts: 19,441
JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Official Denial Statement

Or more accurately "Latinicus makeus butticus muchicus".
__________________
Some might ask what good is life without purpose but I'm anticipating a good lunch.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 01:57   #34
Makhil
Registered User
 
Makhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,663
Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: Official Denial Statement

btw, how did they get caught ?
__________________
<smith> You're 15 and full of shit.
<Furious_George> no, im 22
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 07:05   #35
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion
 
Membrivio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 412
Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
You failed to prevent it too. As did I. And my neighbour. You cannot hold people accountable for the behaviour of others. It's simple as that.
You can. Just not in this specific situation

Also, adding "monitoring and controlling possible cheatesque behaviour" to the tasks of HC is a ridiculous thing to do. This is a game here, not a damn job!
(In this situation it is even funny. I imagine a lot of talks to the mirror)
Of course, in general, when one discovers cheating behaviour it should be reported etc.

Finally, I think they (those cheaters) should be punished more severely. However, the problem lies in that you could delete them, let them sign up again (perhaps in a different name) and have it the same way as it is now. Realistically seen, this was the best they could do, given the situation. And with this I reject the idea of punishing the remainder of the alliance. It seems they had nothing to do with the cheating.

My two cents.
__________________
R1-5: Unaffiliated / R19: Zik Union
R20-27 & 30-31 Orbit DC/BC/HC (Intelking!)
R29: Rock Member/Intel Officer
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 07:14   #36
Vladel
Retired
 
Vladel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 252
Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice
Re: Official Denial Statement

Cheating is wrong simple as whatever the cirumstances! And no one gets forgiven for that.
__________________
Rnd 1-7 Lost Honourguard (HC) WoH Bluetuba(BC) VtS(BC)

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 08:00   #37
jelle
LCH
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: JNC
Posts: 154
jelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Official Denial Statement

did CBA create a new forum account called Aedolaws?
__________________
ToF | LCH | CT | p3nguins | Apprime |

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 09:06   #38
CBA
Mind-boggling
 
CBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Devon, England
Posts: 1,463
CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelle
did CBA create a new forum account called Aedolaws?

unfortunately if i did create a new forum account i would have the account CBA perm banned so this a no can do. sorry jellyteen
__________________
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. (Winston Churchill)

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 10:53   #39
Ghosteh
Pariah
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 36
Ghosteh has a spectacular aura aboutGhosteh has a spectacular aura aboutGhosteh has a spectacular aura about
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedolaws
(1) If I am not mistaken the general principle is that: cheating is forbidden.
Okay.
Quote:
(2) Now, this means many things, but I am not sure that it includes a duty to report someone known to be cheating, unless you are a multi-hunter.
Okay.
Quote:
(3) However, I am sure it is understood by the community that HCs have extra duties, not only to their players, but to the community at large. And besides MHs, HCs may have a duty to report cheaters. IF SO:
The iceberg is starting to crack. Any 'duty' to the community at large is clearly unenforceable... you cannot be punished for acting contrary to 'the spirit' of the game. Want to sign up 5 alliances worth of people and then block? Is there a rule against that? It might not be great for the game but what are you going to do, report them? For what?
Quote:
(4) What happens when a group of HCs willfully ignore 'cheating in their midst'? Should they and the ally peons be excused because they 'really' did not know? Should the community exonerate those who fail to observe their duty to police themselves?
Your use of "willfull ignorance" is problematic. If people found out and did not report, perhaps there is culpability there. But I am not convinced that the rank and file must be aware of every single thing every other member of the alliance is doing at all times. That is a bad assertion.

Also, if the 'community' wants to punish the alliance by attacking them every day, that's their decision to make. But that is their customary right - it does not justify PA's instruments of 'legal' sanction being used against the innocent.
Quote:
(5) NO. The community should not fully forgive them. They were responsible to monitor themselves and they FAILED do it properly! The 'no cheating' policy was not strong enough in this alliance and some of its members (senior nonetheless) deliberately engaged in cheating. NONE of them are fully 'free of fault,' and therefore THEY ALL may legitimately be punished! This is a team game after all!!!!
No, it may not have been strong enough in some members of the alliance. However, your assertion requires that ALL members somehow know exactly what every other member is doing - this is the only way none could be free of fault in your comprehension. As a scanner who hadn't been active for a week while this was happening and knowledge of this arose, I fail to see how I (along with others) can legitimately be punished, as I can only be at fault if I had knowledge I had no way of accessing.
Quote:
(6) Or should we now risk similar occurrences in the future? Cheaters to be will calculate that they may be closed if caught, but their alliances would suffer little, so, why not take the chance? Success only come to those who risk it, right? (Thats is precisely the instict fueling most crimes).
The argument that 'I'll probably be closed but hey the alliance won't suffer' doesn't make any sense, because comprehending one's probable closure is comprehending probable damage to the alliance.
Quote:
(7) If we allow an entire MINOR-alliance to go on unscathed by this event we are signaling to the community at large that cheaters will be punished, but alliances that fail to police themselves will only receive a slap in the wrist. (Hear yee Top 5) This is not a valid message. In fact, this is a bad message to put out there.
Actually, the current rankings say they're a pretty major one. And if you want this game to be policed by custom (as you imply in point 3), of course the major alliances will influence the administration of sanctions. Custom is fluid, law tends towards obstinacy.

Like I have stated earlier, how can the members of an alliance police every other member without knowing what every other member is doing at all times?
Quote:
(8) Some may say, well, what if the alliance did all it could to prevent this? And this is a fair question. If an alliance was TRULY non-negligent then I can see an argument sounding in equity. But it is irrelevant to this particular event.
Actually if someone is truly non-negligent there's an argument at law. Such as "how can someone have a duty to control a third party they can't control". Seriously, the rank-and-file alliance members, who had no knowledge and reason to suspect the HC did something wrong are supposed to expel them? That is absurd.
Quote:
(9) Thus, if we agree HCs had a duty, if they had to prevent/investigate and report cheating; if they failed to do this, if cheaters, and thus the alliance, benefited to the detriment of the community, THEN if we don't punish the entire alliance, future HCs will not think it twice before wilfully ignoring cheaters, because there won't be any consequence. Or worst perhaps, HCs may even cultivate a 'don't ask/don't tell policy' among their tech savy (geeks :P ) players, or even engaging in cheating themselves.
Punishing those who cheat in an alliance necessarily punishes the whole of an alliance by depriving it of resources it could previously use, without unjustly punishing the innocent parties in that alliance. And you cannot expect them to fulfill the duties of MHs, without the tools of MHs.
Quote:
(10) Therefore I suggest the community demands every Denial account to be reset & Denial tag barred from this round. ex-players may do as they will, they may each plead their case when applying to new alliances and that would be their trial & tribulation ... is a free round anyways, they can only complain so much! They may, if so they choose, come back next round and try to redeem themselves.
Let me draw an analogy - PA is styled as a military game, so consider an army.

According to Aedolaws, ALL soldiers in an army have a duty to know what ALL OTHER soldiers are doing and report ALL breaches of ethics, EVEN THOUGH there is no possible way of knowing the conduct of others. I cite myself - as a barely active scanner who joined this round, I'm supposed to know what other people were doing with their account. How?.
Quote:
(11) And in return they, indeed WE ALL, may even learn an enduring lesson in Ethics.

If you wanted to argue the severity of the punishment or why there can appear to be a double standard with HCs, fine. But you didn't. You put forward one of the most unreasonable, impractical and unjust arguments in the thread, far worse than any I'd seen from those just gloating because 'hey I hate Denial and they got caught'. To make things worse, you had to quote just about every legal term or principle you could recall from your months of watching "The Practice" or "Law & Order".

I don't even know why I bothered to write this. It's not like anyone's mind is going to be changed anyway. No rational person could actually take your ideas in this thread seriously.

Oh wait, I remember now. Part of me hopes, prays that you're just a troll. If this is right then bravo sir and well played. But I don't see how this could be true. No troll would put so much thought into ideas nearly worth considering (custom ranks, some of the revolution ideas), while simultaneously pumping out so much bile (barbarians, alliance wonders, punishing entire alliances). It is simply impossible for a troll to negotiate such a fine distinction.

I don't expect to convince anyone who had their mind made up previously. Not even yourself. Forums do not work like that. But I cannot stand by and watch someone whose legal experience seems to be that of a juvenile defendant poorly dress up legal terminology and pretend their argument in Alliance Discussions, for God's sake, is somehow more worthy. Denny Crane, you are not.

Res ipsa loquitur, bitch.

(my apologies to everyone else for driving this into the ground some more - I'll keep everything else in private)
Ghosteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 15:29   #40
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,031
Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Official Denial Statement

What Aedolaws adresses has been discussed previously in regards to a persons duty to report bugs which are found in a game(I think it might have been in that other game, point still stands), and weather or not failing to report such is in and of itself against the spirit of the game, perhaps even a punishable offence. The problem then as now is how you prove said knowledge, and then as now it becomes impossible to police any such regulations simply due to the nature of the indiscretion. For the same reason, any kind of internal monitoring can not be mandated, however it can be expected as a communal moral principle. If a given alliance is in breach of the communal moral code, it lies not at the feet of the game designers to police said indiscretions, but is the responsibility of the community to inforce through the means available to them.

I don't think it's justified to call Aedolaws a moron. His arguments are simply idealistic, his conditions unaffirmable in the real world, and his solutions uninformed. Misguided, yes. Malinformed, yes. Moron? Not on grounds of what he has written in this thread alone.
__________________
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
Sun_Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 17:41   #41
Aedolaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

Gosheh, you got me lost on your third sentence, right after the 2 okays. So I didn't read anything else except that and a couple of other sentences and the Res Ipsa Loquitur. Have fun knowing I didn't! Bitch! (but with a sweet voice)

Now, you don't know the difference between screaming and arguing, between arguing and being right (or wrong), between being right (or wrong) and being a moron. Further, remember that a declaration of right or wrong is up to the bench (and here in PA, up to the community), not up to the advocates, much less up to the Ps and Ds. All I did, was to present what I think is the strongest case for the prosecution (and yes, being a law student, I KNOW there are always two sides for every coin). All you did, in your rebuttal, was scream, babble analogies and call me a moron.

I have no agenda or personal motive against Denial. I am not "really" playing anymore and in all honesty it is the first time I see this tag. So, my belief that Denial players should be punished does not arise out of a personal vendetta or out of a desire to see them fall. I could not care less about PA politics. My argument was put forth simply out of a desire to see this happen no more.

You tried using analogies to explain your point of view. This is a misguided attempt to sound simple yet profound. We are not Jesuses. So, stop doing it. The real world works with real examples (you analogize your case to previous cases), not with made up analogies that depend on the subjective common (community) sense of the actor (and/or audience). You will rarely see an analogy in a legal brief, or motion, or whatever. Why? There is nothing inherently wrong in using analogies, they can be a very helpful rhetorical device indeed to illuminate and help make your point ALIVE to the trier of facts... but just as often it backfires when they are ill-thought analogies (i.e. your soldiers without a duty... BUT, are you telling me that they have no duty to report a fellow colleague known or suspected of rape or theft?), usually because the speaker deludes himself that his made up scenario (usually an elaborate syllogism) clearly encapsulates all: the problem, the rule, and the solution... AND no more. This is rarely the case, however, because it is way too easy to find a problem in almost ANY analogy's logic, and say: But...

I read above you might have gone to law school. Did you survive your first year? (Personally, I doubt it, you don't even know what willful ignorance is, and that is 1L material.)

I do not watch Law & Order. I prefer South Park, dildo.

P.S.

I did go back and read your entire post. You have a few good points.

Last edited by Aedolaws; 24 Jun 2008 at 19:16.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 19:18   #42
.Disc.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 227
.Disc. is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedolaws
Gosheh, you got me lost on your third sentence, right after the 2 okays. So I didn't read anything else except that and a couple of other sentences and the Res Ipsa Loquitur. Have fun knowing I didn't! Bitch! (but with a sweet voice)

Now, you don't know the difference between screaming and arguing, between arguing and being right (or wrong), between being right (or wrong) and being a moron. Further, remember that a declaration of right or wrong is up to the bench (and here in PA, up to the community), not up to the advocates, much less up to the Ps and Ds. All I did, was to present what I think is the strongest case for the prosecution (and yes, being a law student, I KNOW there are always two sides for every coin). All you did, in your rebuttal, was scream, babble analogies and call me a moron.

I have no agenda or personal motive against Denial. I am not "really" playing anymore and in all honesty it is the first time I see this tag. So, my belief that Denial players should be punished does not arise out of a personal vendetta or out of a desire to see them fall. I could not care less about PA politics. My argument was put forth simply out of a desire to see this happen no more.

You tried using analogies to explain your point of view. This is a misguided attempt to sound simple yet profound. We are not Jesuses. So, stop doing it. The real world works with real examples (you analogize your case to previous cases), not with made up analogies that depend on the subjective common (community) sense of the actor (and/or audience). You will rarely see an analogy in a legal brief, or motion, or whatever. Why? There is nothing inherently wrong in using analogies, they can be a very helpful rhetorical device indeed to illuminate and help make your point ALIVE to the trier of facts... but just as often it backfires when they are ill-thought analogies (i.e. your soldiers without a duty... BUT, are you telling me that they have no duty to report a fellow colleague known or suspected of rape or theft?), usually because the speaker deludes himself that his made up scenario (usually an elaborate syllogism) clearly encapsulates all: the problem, the rule, and the solution... AND no more. This is rarely the case, however, because it is way too easy to find a problem in almost ANY analogy's logic, and say: But...

I read above you might have gone to law school. Did you survive your first year? (Personally, I doubt it, you don't even know what willful ignorance is, and that is 1L material.)

I do not watch Law & Order. I prefer South Park, dildo.
tbh if you got to be a lawyer and you were assigned to my case, i'd just plead guilty and goto prison just so i wouldn't have to hear you babbling on about bollocks.

your whole arguement to try and get denial tag removed and players banned from planetarion is that "3 people got reset, therefore the other 72 players in denial knew what was going on, and also aided the cheaters". Denial members didn't know this was going on, and half of them were unaware still what was going on when these forum posts came out. and anyway, even IF denial members knew about this issue, if they didn't use the issue which were talking about, then they didn't break any rules anyhow.

let me ask you a question Aedolaws, my little sister ate rat poision the other da, had to have her stomach pumped, should the doctors issue out a public warning asking all 3 year olds to come to hospital for stomach pumping, just incase they ate it to?

now shut up please, your attempt at sounding intelligent is bordering on the redicilous
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 19:23   #43
Aedolaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Forrest Gump

....

I am not trying to sound intelligent, in fact, my only conscious effort when writing is to write as simply as possible (as any good writer does [and English is not my first language btw]). And again, stop using worthless analogies!!! They do not illuminate your case, they simply show how simpleton of a mind you have for believing they do so.

If you want to defend the innocent members of Denial, YOU SHOULD!, they deserve it (hey, I will make a living defending criminals).

But, don't expect us to blindly take the word of members of an alliance already proven, BEYOND DISPUTE, to harbor cheaters. THAT is the only reason why I replied to "your official statement." It seems you have lost track of the problem here. The problem here it is not my harsh proposal to punish you all, or the fact that I am in law school, or whether I am a moron or not. The main issues here are (a) cheating by some of your most senior members, (b) how to avoid similar situations in the future!

Last edited by Aedolaws; 24 Jun 2008 at 19:53.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 19:26   #44
.Disc.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 227
.Disc. is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

i use them because it helps to show how worthless your view is.... and boring to read, yet i have to read them because you annoy me.
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 19:37   #45
Aedolaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

you do have an uncanny talent for making my life easier, again: "Stupid is as stupid does!"

Last edited by Aedolaws; 24 Jun 2008 at 20:13.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 20:12   #46
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Space Invaders Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,494
Mzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Official Denial Statement

It is not my responsibility (as Ascendancy member and HC) to police the behaviour of other Ascendancy members and HCs. This is what the multihunters are for (may they be praised). If I do happen to find out someone is cheating, I would consider reporting it, but it is not compulsory, like nothing in the (meta-)game is.

Your entire point appears to be revolving around the opposite assumption, which I most violently disagree with.

Did you grow up in Eastern Germany of the 80's, by any chance?
__________________
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 20:16   #47
Aedolaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

The thrust of my argument rest on this assumption of a rule (a no, no in debating), YOU ARE CORRECT! And I expressly indicated this by using: HCs may... and IF SO.

I duly noted this in my first post by expressly recognizing that while MHs are the ones responsible, HCs may be held (as I believe they should, see infra) to a higher standard - they are, after all, although not the entire PA elite, at least a good chunk of it.

Finally, someone that pinpoints a good weakling in my argument, instead of screaming, babbling or using nonsensical analogies. Cheers!

=========

Now, to use a simple analogy... in a proper way (perhaps to annoy some of you):

(1) With great powers come great responsabilities. (This is a pillar of Western Philosophy.)

(2) All leaders have greater duties and are expected to behave more "properly" than a common citizen or individual - they are, in a sense, the role models of a society (whether politicians, athletes, professors, etc).

(3) HCs are to the PA world as leaders are to the real world.

(4) Thus, should HCs be expected to have greater duties and to behave more "properly" than the average player?

Last edited by Aedolaws; 24 Jun 2008 at 20:39.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 20:33   #48
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Space Invaders Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,494
Mzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Official Denial Statement

That's the second weak link. The first is that I may not even have knowledge of the cheating in question. And why would I, they're not exactly shouting it off the roofs.

To recap, you're expecting people to first know things they don't, and then act on it when they are not required to. These are really the simplest terms I can put it in.

Now if you read back Ghosteh's post, you'll find he has already gone over this. As have I. And Sun_Tzu. And (even!) Disc.
__________________
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 21:02   #49
Aedolaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 158
Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Official Denial Statement

But why did they fail to discover the crime?

Was it because the criminals did a very good job in keeping it secret, that is, it was IMPOSSIBLE to discover unless you got MH tools?
Or was it because they failed to have the morale and the mechanisms in place (i.e. (1) alliance rule: if you cheat, you are out forever!) to avoid cheating?
Or was it because the others HCs turned a blind eye to half joke comments made in the private/officers channel(s)?
Or was it because the member-base was led astray by a handful of criminals while the other HCs did nothing to avoid this?

Myz, I addressed both "weaklings" in my original post. I did mention that if the alliance was truly non-negligent (they took all reasonable measures and this came about without their control [or even influence]) then there is a fair question whether to punish all members.

Was this the case here? Maybe.

Denial members should have argued this, instead of calling me a moron law student.

=======

I can understand how relatives may think their relatives are innocent (even when they see the blood in their shirt); and wish for their relatives to not go to jail. That is, to keep it in the family. And yes, human nature dictates that we will more readily forgive those we love or that are linked to us, than our enemies. But, this does not cure the crime. This is not even Christian. This in fact exacerbates a culture of lawlessness which will eventually wreak havoc to the detriment of all.

=======
Now, besides this issue of fault/no fault, there is the issue of punishment. Some of you say that it is enough to only punish those members "caught," and that the community should not punish the entire team, but instead, let it go (in the wishful thinking that they were the only ones at fault and that it won't happen again [it takes a village to raise a child, or a criminal, or whatever!). Some of us, and trust me, a bunch of people have told me so, believe that this is an ideal opportunity for the community to show itself that it will not tolerate cheating and that it would punish it severely, for the greater good.

Last edited by Aedolaws; 24 Jun 2008 at 21:17.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 21:07   #50
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Space Invaders Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,494
Mzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Official Denial Statement

Utterly irrelevant. Referring back to my earlier post, it is not my responsibility to find, report or punish cheaters.
__________________
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2018