User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Aug 2005, 15:58   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What utterly stupid things do you do?

Now, im terribly sorry to anyone i bored over irc telling this to, but life isnt all roses (except for people who work on rose farms), sorry. Anyway:

I have noticed recently that im getting complete logical disconnects from my aim when i start a task. Although that was probably a long way to explain that i "dont do what i mean to".

The other day I wanted to turn the music off on my laptop, i was sitting at it, and something in my mind clicked "task begun". The next thing i did was to switch my light off and continue as if i had turned the music off, until i realised a few seconds later.

About a week ago, i went into the bathroom to have a shave, i then proceeded to brush my teeth, leave the bathroom, and didnt realise my mistake until i was in my bedroom.

This is all highly strange to me, although not particularly common or dangerous, so im not going to lose sleep. Still, vaguely unsettling.

Anyway, do any of you supposedly intelligent people do completely random and stupid things that you really shouldnt with no explanation whatsoever?
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 16:04   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What utterly stupid things do you do?

don't do drugs
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 16:05   #3
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
don't do drugs
don't be so predictable

edit: seriously, i was going to put "and dont say 'dont do drugs'" but i gave GD too much credit apparently
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 16:16   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
don't be so predictable

edit: seriously, i was going to put "and dont say 'dont do drugs'" but i gave GD too much credit apparently
your drug addled mind obviously just forgot

but i do so hate to be 'predictable'

by pointing out the fact that cannabis has a derrogatory effect upon mental health and brain function

how silly i feel now
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 16:17   #5
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

dont worry about it i forgive you

<3
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 16:36   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, i do that stuff all the time.

A personal favourite of mine is going downstairs for a drink, getting a glass, pouring coke into it, then putting the glass full of coke in the fridge and walking upstairs empty handed.

Also, i dont have a remote controlled lamp, and even if i did, i doubt my phone would work it

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 18:32   #7
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Anyway, do any of you supposedly intelligent people do completely random and stupid things that you really shouldnt with no explanation whatsoever?
I post on GD. What is really worrisome is that when I realize what I have done, it dawns on me that I have also been READING what others have posted. Silly me.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 18:37   #8
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The only thing that's similar that I do is to ocassionally put items in the wrong place, especially in the kitchen. For instance, going to put a box of tea bags in the fridge, or a cup in the bin. And I won't necessarily notice until minutes later.

The rest of my faculties seem reasonably unaffected.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 22:09   #9
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I very often go do a task and then forget what I was supposed to do, get up again, wander a bit around and then 'eureka, yes that was it' and do it .... or not
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:31   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That's really bad reporting of a study that quite obviously doesnt show a causation link, but I suspect you know this.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:39   #11
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

#1 pour ketchup into a glass and drink onto my food

#2 leave freezer door open

#3 develop disorder that now i have to double check ive shut the door because of #2

and the general forgetting just about everything...
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 01:06   #12
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
That's really bad reporting of a study that quite obviously doesnt show a causation link, but I suspect you know this.
and may i add "oh very lax indeed gordon, sloppy indeed, when only: South London and Maudsley NHS Trust, Kings College (university of London: your university as i recall) and ReThink (Rethink is the largest severe mental illness charity in the UK) endorse the website." sloppy of me.

http://www.mentalhealthcare.org.uk/s...uses/cannabis/

same site you'll note

has the article itself. do **** off and troll someone else.

it's not my fault you recommended tarantulas.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 01:22   #13
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
and may i add "oh very lax indeed gordon, sloppy indeed, when only: South London and Maudsley NHS Trust, Kings College (university of London: your university as i recall) and ReThink (Rethink is the largest severe mental illness charity in the UK) endorse the website." sloppy of me.

http://www.mentalhealthcare.org.uk/s...uses/cannabis/
The first study exhibited a correlation but gave no description of a mechanism, which would be needed to demonstrate a casual link. That article there is slightly better, but again its only a correlation. Since noone actually knows why schizophrenia occurs, its absurd to claim to have shown that cannabis is a cause. If it's genetic then that claim is simply false, although it could be that cannibas plays a role in activating a dormant condition (or it could just be that people with this condition are more likely to smoke cannibas). The psychosis claim is stronger, but again it seems fairly inconclusive as to whether cannibas is a direct cause. If someone is already mentally unstable then dabbling with drugs might make them worse, but this doesnt show that drugs are likely to turn mentally healthy people unstable. There's also the question of what constitutes excessive use. The article talks about dangerous use of cannbas in the context of "...yet they would be unlikely to claim that a bottle of vodka a day is healthy on the basis of sharing a bottle of Chablis over dinner", and "just as some who drink heavily become alcoholic, so a minority of those who smoke cannabis daily go psychotic", which seems to imply they dont have any link between non-chronic use and mental illness.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 01:22   #14
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
#2 leave freezer door open

#3 develop disorder that now i have to double check ive shut the door because of #2
I am like this but with locking my house door. I'm not particularly prone to it, but I've done it before and since that I've walked huge distances back to my house to ensure I locked my door, and I always have.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 01:24   #15
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon the tosser
Since noone actually knows why schizophrenia occurs, its absurd to claim to have shown that cannabis is cause.
didn't say it was the cause did i?

go back to your "everyone be nice gimmick". that's shit. but it's less shit than randomly trolling me.

you'll be saying i'm 'angry' next
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 04:56   #16
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I usually go get something, then end up getting something entirely different and forgetting what I was going to pick up in the first place.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 05:00   #17
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Eerm =/

I'll lock or close something that needs to be closed/done {front door, work Cash safe, work front doors, turn on alarm, etc}

And then I'll go back and check said task 3-4 times thinking that something happened when I attempted it earlier and that I'm royally screwed if I don't check it again.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 07:57   #18
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

I stare at my alarm clock for 10-12 minutes, just to make sure I put the right time to wake up the next day.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 09:45   #19
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

To add another to my list, about 10 minutes ago, walking into work, i got hit by a car.

I was crossing a road, a car came up to the junction and stopped, i didnt really look around, but i decided to walk across as the car was stationary and it would only take a few seconds. When i was half way across the car it jumped forward about a metre, pushing me into the main road and slightly hurting my right leg. I didnt fall over though (\o/). I then walked on into work, no one around said anything and neither did the driver, who just left.

I am really not sure if it was my fault or not, as im very tired and have something of a weed hangover. But it seems as if when a pedestrian is walking in front of a car they should have right of way, although perhaps not. *shrug*

anyway, stupid
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 10:02   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Most people I know have increasingly bad short-term memories. Most people can remember quotes from TV shows years ago, but not where they put their keys a few minutes ago. Or so it seems anyway.

And the thing is that everyone I know has a different excuse. One woman at my work is convinced her memory collapse is due to drinking red bull during her Masters Degree. Others blame alcohol or drugs. I'm not sure what mine is down to - it started happening way before regular drug use.

Having said that, once you get used to having no memory it's not bad. You get around it. So if someone tells me something (e.g. a time/place to meet them), I don't even vaguely think I'll remember it, I'll e-mail myself the info, or put it in my Outlook Calendar at work, or whatever.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 11:14   #21
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I can't find things. If it is something really small, like say a pin then I have no problems finding it. Recently though I have been losing my computer mouse. One minute I am using it, go to get food or something which makes me take my eyes off it and it has gone. I can spend 5 minutes searching my computer desk, which isn't even that big, before it turns up again.

I also have the problem that others hav ementioned, I need to do something, think I have but get a little feeling that perhaps it wasn't done, or not properly anyway so I need to go back and check.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:54   #22
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Having said that, once you get used to having no memory it's not bad. You get around it. So if someone tells me something (e.g. a time/place to meet them), I don't even vaguely think I'll remember it, I'll e-mail myself the info, or put it in my Outlook Calendar at work, or whatever.

I have to write stuff down or put it on schedule on my phone :/
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:36   #23
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I agree with Yahwe.

My mum works in mental health (as an OT) and so for a few years when we moved to Jersey, we lived on the site of the mental hospital there (along with various other doctors and nurses).

There used to often be young people there smoking pot outside. Never just smoking regular cigarettes. Of course it is very difficult to prove causality, as (as Gordon said) it is not known what exactly causes schizophrenia. Also, the schizophrenia often comes in after years of cannabis abuse.

Depression and Schizophrenia have both been linked to cannabis though. I remember reading some statistic saying that some stupidly high percent of people with mentally social disorders smoked a high proportion of pot when younger.

On topic though, I don't think Henry has schizophrenia because he forgot to turn off the music on his computer or forgot to shave.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:54   #24
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
I stare at my alarm clock for 10-12 minutes, just to make sure I put the right time to wake up the next day.
i do that :/
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:55   #25
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

i do stupid stuff all the time
my short-term memory is very very very bad. but i've never done drugs/pot/etc so i don't really have an excuse.

my co-workers notice it a lot. i'll be heading to the back room and kathy will say 'oh can you get me this?' and i walk back there, don't remember why i'm going back in the first place, then come back out with nothing... kathy then says 'erm my thing? oh fine i'll get it' and i'll stand there for a few minutes and then go 'oh yah...'
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:34   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: What utterly stupid things do you do?

I did a fairly stupid thing this morning. More clumsy than stupid, I suppose. I reached for my watch, picked it up by the strap. I pull it towards me, and the other end catches on a candle holder. It starts pulling the candle holder towards me, and knocks my (full) ashtray, next to it, onto the carpet.

Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:43   #27
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I agree with Yahwe.
I agree too. My mother is uncurable schizophrenic.

From what I've garnered from people there is commonly believed to be an element of being "pre-disposed" to schizo, so people having schizo's in their near family should be extremely carefull what they put into themselves (and preferably stick with stuff they've already tried).

There is quite often some sort of incident setting of the schizofreny, either a depression (birth / boyfriend leaving) or more usually, a bad drug-trip. I have never, ever heard of anybody claiming a relation between turning schizo' and moderate drug usage over time though. Either way, most people who do turn schizo do it in their early 20's, and ias you approach 30 and afterwards it's extremely seldom.

As such, if you have near relatives who are schizo, you should be concerned if your mind is acting up. Along the same notes long-term mood changes should scare you . If you actually start to suspect something is wrong, warn people you trust so when they notice it, they are less likely the shrug it off and think nothing of it. Self-diagnosing mental illnesses is either way not very constructive.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 16:11   #28
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe memory degredation is caused by excessive internet use. :eek:
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 17:09   #29
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

We went bicycle jousting one night in a parking lot.

Three easy steps-

1. Get brooms.
2. Tie pillows to ends of said brooms.
3. Get Bikes.
4. Ride at each other at a very fast speed.
5. Bang.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 17:30   #30
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
We went bicycle jousting one night in a parking lot.

Three easy steps-

1. Get brooms.
2. Tie pillows to ends of said brooms.
3. Get Bikes.
4. Ride at each other at a very fast speed.
5. Bang.
Not really what i was looking for, but hey

once at school we found loads of old boxes of vinyl that they were throwing out and spent the lunch hours during the next week throwing them at each other in the corridor. Im sure i only avoided serious injury by diving behind lockers/classmates at oppurtune moments.

that was probably pretty stupid now that i think about it.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 18:23   #31
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

this doesnt really qualify as a stupid thing, but i guess its equally disturbing: i somethimes forget what i am talking about in the middle of the sentence, should i worry about that?
(and i also have the short term memory problem, i didnt do any drugs for at least 5 years though, so i dont think its related)
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 19:20   #32
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Related to the original post, I have 2 anecdotes.

When I was learning to drive, I once put the handbrake on whilst travelling at around 30mph, as I knew I had to dosomething with my left hand once it left the wheel, but didn't really know what.

Recently, I've noticed a few times that I;ll look both ways before crossing the road (like a good boy), but then just as I'm about to step out it occurs to me that I didn't actually process if there was a car coming. The first time it happened, nothing was coming. It scared me, but I figured something subconciously was telling me that it was ok to cross, but then it happened again, and there was a car coming. I'm quite worried I'm going ot get run over :|
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 23:02   #33
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
For more on the cannabis-schizophrenia link:
Yeah but for every link or study you find saying there is a link, you'll be able to find another saying there's no conclusive evidence