User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jun 2004, 15:28   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Russia will beat Portugal

and spain will beat greece
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 15:35   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Russia will beat Portugal

Right. Thanks for clearing that up.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 15:42   #3
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I dont believe you.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 15:45   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Let's hope that's true. Then Spain will (probably) win the group.

Yay! \o/
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 15:57   #5
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

I think portugal will win - too much resting on it.

I think Espana will win though
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 16:00   #6
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
I think portugal will win - too much resting on it.
I think Espana will win though
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 16:02   #7
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Exactly - too much resting on it, so they'll freeze. 0-0 draw imo.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 16:12   #8
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Russia have been looking like arse and with Mostovoi sent home I cant see them winning.

They might squeeze out a draw though.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 16:18   #9
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Portugal will win big today, Spain will struggle their way to a 1-0 win.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 16:28   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

To be fair when we hosted Euro 96 we started off with a shite result against the swiss, then beat the jocks and hammered the dutch - Portugal will prob tank Spain or Russia
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 16:35   #11
Bobzeh
Sheep Lover

Bobzeh is an unknown quantity at this point

Portugal 3 - 1 Russia
Spain 1 - 0 Greece
Bobzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 16:53   #12
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

2-1 Portugal
2-1 Spain
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 18:28   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimble v2.0
Spain will struggle their way to a 1-0 win.
Looks like you were wrong (as was I - I predicted 2-0 )
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:59   #14
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nondescript Human
Exactly - too much resting on it, so they'll freeze. 0-0 draw imo.
Bollocks. My prediction didn't last 8 minutes :(
1-0 to Portugal

Last edited by Nondescript Human; 16 Jun 2004 at 20:07.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 20:36   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nondescript Human
Bollocks. My prediction didn't last 8 minutes
1-0 to Portugal
And the russians down to 10 men.

Good thread theam.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 20:41   #16
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hey we got Benitez.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 20:45   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Hey we got Benitez.
But will you get Aimar and Ayala?
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 21:44   #18
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Whoops -you were wrong.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 22:12   #19
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Portugal dont look good enough to casue anyone problems if they get through the group, which i think they will be struggling to do. I thought the Russian keeper was unlucky to get sent off as well.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 22:16   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Frankly, they look a very weak group.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 22:24   #21
Stew
Made of Twigs

I thought the replacement Russian keeper did quite well.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 22:46   #22
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

more wishfull thinking i guess
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 23:02   #23
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

They definately need to put Simao on the bench, he's done next to nothing right in the first two games. I'm hoping Ronaldo gets played against Spain. He's maintained the good form from the last months of the premiership and could very well help Portugal gain an unlikely victory against Spain.

Ideally, I'd like to see this starting 11:

--------------------------------Ricardo-------------------------------
Ferreira-------Carvalho------------Andrade--------Valente
-------------------Maniche-----------Costinha----------------
--Figo----------------------Deco------------------Ronaldo-------
-----------------------------Pauleta----------------------------------

(Pauleta hasn't done much, but Nuno Gomez seems off form as well, and Postiga really isn't an option in my eyes)
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 23:04   #24
Stew
Made of Twigs

As much as I hate Ronaldo, he does deserve to start.
As does Rui Costa, just cos hes in my fantasy footy team.
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 01:00   #25
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The russians were ****ing robbed. That keeper didnt touch the ball with his hands outside the box

The matchfixing bastards will still go out though

Unread 17 Jun 2004, 01:18   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
The russians were ****ing robbed. That keeper didnt touch the ball with his hands outside the box

The matchfixing bastards will still go out though
Look at if from the ref's (THE REF'S) not the replay's point of view - the keeper has put his arm over the ball and it's stopped right there. What is the ref supposed to think?

It's an unfortunate decision (and a wrong one) but that's the way football goes, cos the ref only sees it once, at full speed from where he is on the pitch.

All in all, Russia should get the red card recinded, and will be well and good.
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 01:28   #27
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Look at if from the ref's (THE REF'S) not the replay's point of view - the keeper has put his arm over the ball and it's stopped right there. What is the ref supposed to think?

It's an unfortunate decision (and a wrong one) but that's the way football goes, cos the ref only sees it once, at full speed from where he is on the pitch.

All in all, Russia should get the red card recinded, and will be well and good.
Ok, tough decision to make. But the card being recinded doesnt change the fact that Russia are out.

Also whoever that ITV commentator was tonight, he has no clue. Not only was he trying to tell off McCoist over that ball incident, but he doesnt even realise that portugal beat spain or their out guarenteed.

Unread 17 Jun 2004, 01:31   #28
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Ok, tough decision to make. But the card being recinded doesnt change the fact that Russia are out..
I don't deny it's rough justice, but it's the best they can (and should) get.
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 01:37   #29
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Yeah.

But i still say the ITV commentator should be fired for grand idiocy

Unread 17 Jun 2004, 01:40   #30
lokken
BlueTuba

ITV have always been shite
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 08:14   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
ITV have always been shite
They should make 'England are going to lose' their manta, and then we'd win EVERYTHING.
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 12:57   #32
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Also whoever that ITV commentator was tonight, he has no clue. Not only was he trying to tell off McCoist over that ball incident, but he doesnt even realise that portugal beat spain or their out guarenteed.
Greece have 4 points.
Spain have 4 points.
Portugal have 3 points.

If Portugal draw with Spain and Russia beat Greece the group ends up with:

Spain 5 points.
Greece 4 points.
Portugal 4 points.

I havent looked into goal difference etc but it seems to me that Portugal could draw and end up with the same number of points. Its pretty unlikely seeing as Greece will fancy their chances against Russia, but still possible.
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 12:59   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

If that happens, portugal are through, as they'd have +1 goal difference, not a maximum (for greece) of 0. Beyond that second goal, the result against Russia didn't matter at all, so 'pushing forward for goal difference' wasn't what they wanted at all.

[edit]

But Russia WON'T beat greece. They're without their first 4 choices of CB (assuming the guy from the first match got a 2 match ban instead of just 1) but even if that's not true they're missing their captain, their stand in captain, their best player and their goalie.
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 13:00   #34
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Doesn't the "Greece beat Portugal so go through" rule apply?

edit: Yes

Quote:
TIE-BREAKER RULES :
If two or more teams finish equal on points after all the group matches have been played, the following criteria will be applied to determine the ranking :

(a) Greater number of points obtained in the matches between the teams in question.
(b) Goal difference resulting from the matches between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal).
(c) Greater number of goals scored in the matches between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal).
(d) Goal difference in all the group matches.
(e) Greater number of goals scored in all the group matches.
(f) Coefficient of points from the last two qualifying competitions for the final rounds of the 2002 World Cup and Euro 2004 (points gained and divided by the number of matches played).
(g) Fair Play conduct of the teams (final tournament).
(h) A drawing of lots by the Organising Committee.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 13:17   #35
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Thankyou LHC.

Indeed, head 2 head is the first determinant. Greece 2-1 Portugal etc.