User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Jan 2004, 16:54   #1
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bitching about the forums thread for January 14th 2004

I don't like the fact that we still have the god damn Matrix and LOTR smileys.

All but :Gandalf: should be deleted.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 16:55   #2
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Re: Bitching about the forums thread for January 14th 2004

Also, I don't like some of the moderators
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 16:55   #3
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Also, I don't like the fact that I can't say ****, **** or ****
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 16:56   #4
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Placeholder until I think of more things.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 16:57   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Agree with complaint #1 and #3.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 16:57   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimble v2.0
Also, I don't like some of the moderators
Whats wrong with me dude?
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 16:58   #7
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Whats wrong with me dude?
It's just some of the moderators dude :Frodo:
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:00   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Phew.

I'll go and sack the ones you dont like.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:01   #9
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Thanks dude.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:11   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sack that 'Aryn' bird, she's just trouble.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:12   #11
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

How do you fight crime without working legs?
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:13   #12
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

I don't like that gimmicks aren't out of fashion yet.

Fix it.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:14   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Colours in signatures are gay* and should be removed**.

* Should this be changed to 'heterosexual' now that we have a large gay population on the forums?
** I'm not implying that all gay things should be removed, just the colours.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:16   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Leshy's a big fat fascist. Look everyone, it's a fascist. Let's all point at him and his gay/hue bashing ways.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:16   #15
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Colours in signatures are gay
lolly roffle
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:19   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Leshy's a big fat fascist.
I object! I'm not fat
Quote:
lolly roffle
oh for the love of...
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:21   #17
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Every post I make will be Magenta from now on, it will make my posts stand out more in threads, so that people will NOTICE ME
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:23   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

could be worse I guess
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:24   #19
JC
lolly roffle

Good god
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:24   #20
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
could be worse I guess
mine was first colour one i saw on GD, that makes me the gayes....

oh

Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:25   #21
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

It's not that bad JC, it just brings some festive colours into an otherwise dull board
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:26   #22
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Maybe if I switch colours now and then, it won't get dull
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:28   #23
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Hey, would it be a cool idea if from now on I divided
my post into three sentences or parts, and then
colour them so that our national flag is displayed?
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:33   #24
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Ya Man
Sounds Good
To Me
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:35   #25
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Very
well
then!
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:40   #26
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ban colour and centralised signatures.
Also - allowed the [img] tag to be used!

[edit: heh 100 posts!]
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:45   #27
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Stew makes some good points.

-Disable colours
-Allow Images (This would require a few new moderators to keep the abuse in check)
-Disable colours, please
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:47   #28
JC
lolly roffle

If you dont like colours stop using them Grimble .

IMG tags wont be enabled.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:53   #29
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

I know IMG tags won't be implemented, it's one of those things that could make the forums better, but would only be abused here on GD, shame really

I don't like colours, but I'll rather try using them until it becomes so annoying that they're disabled, then i won't have to see Ragnarak's horrible sig ever again
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 18:04   #30
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Definately ban black text! Its impossibe to read (well it is on LairyFish!)
Cant you do [img] but with size restrictions? Or it shrinks to size?
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 18:05   #31
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It'd only be abused by people like you though. Make it so you need to have an account for a year before you can use it.

An actual incentive not to be banned.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 18:05   #32
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Hey, would it be a cool idea if from now on I divided
my post into three sentences or parts, and then
colour them so that our national flag is displayed?
I'd like to see that done with the union jack but I aint even gonna bother tryin!
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 18:31   #33
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

To be honest, I've always been a fan of image tags myself as well. Moderation is imo fairly active on the forums (especially GD) so any goat-you-know-what links or similar ones wouldn't remain for long.

I reckon it'd only lead to the use of comical forum images, photoshoppery stuff and sorts, rather than mass image abuse.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 18:36   #34
JC
lolly roffle

I think the bigger problem is bandwidth and the fact the forums would take forever to load for those on 56k connections.

*shrugs*

I'm no techie i just mod stuff.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 18:37   #35
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

That's why there's the ability for people to not display images while browsing the forums
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 18:38   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
To be honest, I've always been a fan of image tags myself as well. Moderation is imo fairly active on the forums (especially GD) so any goat-you-know-what links or similar ones wouldn't remain for long.

I reckon it'd only lead to the use of comical forum images, photoshoppery stuff and sorts, rather than mass image abuse.
It depends on the hours you're on; in the night shift, there's bugger all activity from the moderating team.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 18:38   #37
JC
lolly roffle

I knew you* would reply with that .

*Leshy
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 18:48   #38
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
It depends on the hours you're on; in the night shift, there's bugger all activity from the moderating team.
Likely there's very little users on at the time who would be thoroughly offended by any inappropriate links either, so it's not an immediate top issue.

<3 JC
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 18:49   #39
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I don't like colours, but I'll rather try using them until it becomes so annoying that they're disabled, then i won't have to see Ragnarak's horrible sig ever again

Unread 14 Jan 2004, 19:04   #40
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
I'm going to give the sa and jolt forums of examples of forums where images havent suddenly caused the end of society.

Generally if the thread in it's nature will be image heavy people use some kind of tag like [56k no way] in the topic or something. Also it wouldn't cause the forum any extra bandwidth.

And it's not like the user base hasn't been asking for them for years, and you guys have just been saying no on principle. You've never given them a chance!

they did turn them on a while back as a test

starbucks ******e'd people and got banned iirc
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 20:04   #41
JC
lolly roffle

I'll bring the whole IMG tags up with JJ/Karm.

Thats the best i can do, I doubt anything will change though.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 20:09   #42
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ITT people pester JC because he isnt half as authoritarian as the last nazi's we overthrew

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 20:17   #43
JC
lolly roffle

I try to keep everyone happy. No doubt i will fail horribly.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 20:29   #44
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i thought you were idimmu

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 21:18   #45
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Don't think Deffeh. It all goes wrong when you do
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 22:52   #46
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
I don't like the fact that we still have the god damn Matrix and LOTR smileys.

All but :Gandalf: should be deleted.
the matrix ones should have been taken down as soon as we saw revolutions.

but the masturbating hobbit is still very useful:

Poster1: whatchoo been up 2?

Poster2: the usual, lotta :Frodo:
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 00:03   #47
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I like the smilies.
No, really, I do. Seriously.
Don't get rid of them.
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 00:07   #48
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Shut up, it was hard to format with this stupid keyboard where the buttons are all wrong. It works now. Sort of.
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 00:08   #49
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Hey, whaddayaknow?
I started a GD trend.
I'm now officially
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 00:14   #50
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

turned fonts off momentarily so i can read this thread without my eyes dissolving :/

the [IMG] tag is a difficult one same as avatars, the one time they were turned on for 48 hrs before the forums were flooded with ****** and pron avatars / images
and tbh i have no doubt that alot of people would do that if we turned them on now,

the bandwidth of the box is a consideration, but i would need to check with jolt on that (as its their box not a pa box)

personally i don't want them, i'm happy enough with shit smilies
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote