User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 01:23   #1
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Banning people

...doesn't seem to be working - especially with WorkMonkey or whoever he is now.

Why not add some code into VB that stops someone registering with the same email as an account that has previously been banned and/or deleted, thus meaning Work whatever would have to create a new email account every time he wanted a new forum account - possibly deterring him.

Unless this is already what happens - I'm unsure having never had to do it.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 01:26   #2
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Banning people

Aw.

That could be done too.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 01:36   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We once had a 'Ban WorkMonkey' competition running. I was leading by one up on JC` if I remember correctly, when MrBrick IP banned him for a direct knockout
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 01:43   #4
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point

Why was work monkey banned anyways?
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 01:45   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For responding to every thread/post with "Your MOM lol"?
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 01:48   #6
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Thats it? I thought it was funny.....
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 02:09   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic-Wrap
Welcome to the society of one.

ONE HUGE ****ING FAGGOT AM I RITE?
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 02:10   #8
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

no I'm the other side...
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 02:21   #9
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

banning freezes the account name and email adress its regged with.

unfortunately it's piss easy to register a hotmail addy, aswell as get really quick "disposable" email addy's.

Seth used to be the worst for registering with such disposable accounts. I recall one evening flicking thru the forum cp watching the account registration process going through it's stages and banning accounts seconds after they were active. 36 in one night.

Although i doubt it's possible to check and that the db would hold info far enough back, but it would be incredibly interesting to see who banned the most accounts ever......

i had a huge tally with seth, shai, sunday, and TDO alone.....
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 02:25   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I imagine mer would run you close. SS had a huge tally as well as he was usually the one who arrived upon the scene at 6am uk time after shaigar had visited.

PS I have somewhere in the region of 70 hotmail accounts
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 02:29   #11
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

ss arrived at 6am during the times i was not sleeping and bored as fck with nothing else to do at night but play online java and shockwave games to death whilst flicking back to the pa forums cp and clicking search/ban.

jokingly reffered to as the night shift and morning shift.

night shifts were fun fun fun.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 02:31   #12
JBOY
Retired

http://www.xgenstudios.com/castle/index.htm

great fun.

level 14, then i got annoyed with my mousemat falling off the desk and accidentally threw my mouse three fet behind me.....
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 02:32   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
night shifts were fun fun fun.
Did you get any post-moderator counselling? Doesn't sound like it was very good.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 04:15   #14
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

There are people who are banned but should be able to post.
There are people who are posting but should be banned.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 07:54   #15
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
banning freezes the account name and email adress its regged with.

unfortunately it's piss easy to register a hotmail addy, aswell as get really quick "disposable" email addy's.

Seth used to be the worst for registering with such disposable accounts. I recall one evening flicking thru the forum cp watching the account registration process going through it's stages and banning accounts seconds after they were active. 36 in one night.

Although i doubt it's possible to check and that the db would hold info far enough back, but it would be incredibly interesting to see who banned the most accounts ever......

i had a huge tally with seth, shai, sunday, and TDO alone.....
am I not on your list?
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 08:40   #16
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Doesn't Pavil actually hold the record? Like ridiculously far and away in accounts banned.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 08:50   #17
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Pavil is a living legend
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 08:52   #18
I am Idler
This is bat country

ahem, Evergreen.

were you in my r4 gal?
edit: hi sunday
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 17:30   #19
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic-Wrap
It was only funny the 1st time, like Muslim really

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 18:05   #20
Work_Gnome

Sup - So is there like somewhere I can complain about Mods persecuting individuals because they hold personal vendettas against said individual?
ps. I just keep the Hotmail registation form open in a Browser now.

Unread 6 Jan 2004, 18:13   #21
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work_Gnome
Sup - So is there like somewhere I can complain about Mods persecuting individuals because they hold personal vendettas against said individual?
ps. I just keep the Hotmail registation form open in a Browser now.
Yes, an admin i.e. me.

Note that i'm the one banning you atm.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 18:15   #22
Work_FMRadio

In such a sense, we could play a roleplay. I'll be the holocaust Jews. You can be Adolf Hitler.

Unread 6 Jan 2004, 18:26   #23
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Whatever turns you on.

I think i got that last one before you posted . How long does it take you to register a new hotmail account and sign up? It takes me 2 clicks to get rid of you.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 18:57   #24
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

If I was to register an account called for instance "Rape Ape" using a hotmail account, would it be banned as a workmonkey account on sight?
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 19:02   #25
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Whatever turns you on.

I think i got that last one before you posted . How long does it take you to register a new hotmail account and sign up? It takes me 2 clicks to get rid of you.

Two clicks and it's all over?

You're not much good
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 20:18   #26
Sasquatch

I think you can register with hotmail in about 2 mins cant you?
I know its not very long.

Unread 6 Jan 2004, 20:26   #27
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch
I think you can register with hotmail in about 2 mins cant you?
I know its not very long.
Are you actually going to pretend you aren't WorkMonkey, even though you know we can see your IP and registered address etc?
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 20:27   #28
Sasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Are you actually going to pretend you aren't WorkMonkey, even though you know we can see your IP and registered address etc?

work who?

Unread 6 Jan 2004, 21:41   #29
JC
lolly roffle

Damn you regged while i was busy .

20 posts already, thats some mighty fine spamming you have beein doing.