User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 29 Dec 2005, 10:22   #1
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Who were you?

Code:
You are: Symphony (3:6:8)    (Clear)
Size:	198	2015
Value:	795,682	1113
Score:	988,762	1388
XP:	3,218	1570
I played as a semi-active scanner pulling day-watch for my buddy pack. By the end of the round I had 460 Wyverns and enough Phoenix to fake them twice. Those fleets saw a lot of action. I ended up sending one fleet out of gal, when I left a JGP fleet for a friend hanging on the next to last day. Fortunately it was on fake attack.

3.2k XP from scans and covops

Also, I had 148 amps. Most jammers I saw was bwtmc with 139 (along with 19:1:1). By the end of the round I'd done scans for about a dozen alliances, including 7 of the top10
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 10:32   #2
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold
Re: Who were you?

just posting for the fun of it

You are: The Thing (2:2:1) (Clear)
Size: 1,729 52
Value: 2,450,863 170
Score: 6,580,363 63
XP: 68,825 45

had 50 amps, night active, eXi defense commander
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 13:29   #3
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

You are: When all else fails (16:6:6)
Size: 114 2734
Value: 418,801 1807
Score: 1,359,721 1158
XP: 15,682 803

My planet was dead for most of the round. I was about top 180 or so until about tick 500 give or take. I spent 25 mil resources exiling at tick 540ish, until I ran out of resources. I went into vacation around tick 545ish and didn't come out until the usual force out near the end of the round. I kept virtually the same rank after about tick 700, which means not many people actually playing this game active, as I had the same score since tick 545ish and ended in the top 40% of the players. Actually about 30% I think, without looking at the numbers. So technically, I still rocked more than 70% of the people who played RD 15. yay. (don't know if thats good or bad)
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 14:01   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Peaceful Outpost of Trade (10:2:6)

Size: 328 1301
Value: 892,628 996
Score: 3,087,548 497
XP: 36,582 270

Played relatively inactively, as a scanplanet (hence the name). Once i started attacking i went for XP faking BS/DE, although had to go inactive in periods due to rl commitments. I had a pure attack fleet.

Wish i'd gone Zikonian.
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 14:15   #5
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

You are: Ricky (12:2:9) (Clear)
Size: 800 408
Value: 2,061,141 270
Score: 5,794,641 103
XP: 62,225 64

Suicided far too many vsharraks by forgetting to run them from incs and lost too many roids throughout the round, a last day push almost saw me make t100, but just missed out. Would have lost a LOT more roids if it wasn't for in gal marauders from Kid_Z
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 14:38   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

You are: Pegasus (2:7:6) (Clear)
Size: 754 461
Value: 583,354 1418
Score: 3,715,654 336
XP: 52,205 120

Nothing much to brag about, cept that I was a scanner all round and did some xpwhoring in the end of the round.
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 15:04   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You are: Appocomaster (1:1:4) (Clear)
Size:57
Value:242,335
Score:1,340,935
XP:18,310
No real surprises
my size let me down. I played pretty inactively for most of the round.
You can see when I attacked by my roid/XP history:
http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewplanet&x=1&y=1&z=4
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 15:22   #8
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

You are: Lincoln Six Echo (17:2:11) (Clear)
Size: 687 551
Value: 1,488,987 488
Score: 4,775,007 190
XP: 54,767 106

had a couple of suicides that dropped me from ~50 to ~200 (3 bad landings in 2 days due to not waking)

built myself back upto ~110-120, then was at a party in last few days and 2-3 incomings landed last few days that killed a big part of fleet, 2 landings in last night on the ~13 ranked planets (1 5 14) pushed me back into the top200

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 18:01   #9
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewplanet&x=17&y=6&z=13
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 18:59   #10
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Exiled for the first half of the rd outta boredom, was never really gonna play seriously. Ended with 87 amps.

Played seriously for about 7 days near the end, then i got fleet caught and had 11 planets all of whom where double my value launch at me.

i also Cov opped 6:7:2 for 2 1/2 weeks straight killing about 55 structures cause he chose to bash me at one point.

http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewplanet&x=19&y=1&z=15

Top Exiler? YEAH BABY.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 20:35   #11
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

You are: Legator (1:9:5) (Clear)
Size: 1,392 98
Value: 2,412,652 181
Score: 6,732,172 59
XP: 71,992 36

started without any goals for the round and then suddenly i thought to start playing for a rank.

went for xp but made some faults and built to often ships from my saved ressources (up to 150 mio at a few points of the round) and got cause of that a quite high value.

played allianceless in a great galaxy which saved alot my arse.

PS. Stifler is a n00b who exiled out of my gal.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 21:35   #12
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

You are: The Island (4:10:4) (Clear)
Size: 2,254 22
Value: 4,021,104 44
Score: 6,444,624 70
XP: 40,392 218

All those noob alliances kept bashing my galaxy
My planet sucked for more then a month and I almost gave up actually..
I was the only one in the buddypack that hadn't given up yet

But then we started attacking ND
and the ND DC's suck at their jobs and let alot of people land half covered defences
I'm a zik and DC so I could easily see what to land or not

so that way I was able to steal alot of fleets in the last weeks,
and stole my way into the top 100

In the end my whole galaxy was below my bashlimit

Last edited by Alessio; 29 Dec 2005 at 21:42.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 23:00   #13
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Also, I had 148 amps. Most jammers I saw was bwtmc with 139 (along with 19:1:1). By the end of the round I'd done scans for about a dozen alliances, including 7 of the top10
Pretty impressive. Our top scanner had 142 amps, I think.
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 00:12   #14
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

You are: Mr Soggy (9:5:1) (Clear)
Size: 671 573
Value: 2,319,309 204
Score: 3,102,249 491
XP: 13,049 903

This was my first round as zik, I don't think I did too badly. You probably saw me trying to farm your inactive galmates for the most part of the round, either that or my regular (failed) attempts at fleetcatching. I think I'll stick to cathaar in the future.

The highlight of my round were probably these moments:

[23:34:57] <Bash> That's all of them
[23:34:58] <Arfy> thanks
[23:35:00] <Arfy> nice one
[23:35:26] <Bash> That was the quickest gal scan I've ever known
[23:38:41] <Arfy> not quite
[23:38:49] <Arfy> yours truly managed to scan the wrong gal

[14:16:10] <Arfy> so theres me
[14:16:18] <Arfy> trying 4 fleetcatches this morning
[14:16:23] <Arfy> and what do i do?
[14:16:33] <Arfy> fleetcatch myself on my only wave of incs
[14:16:33] <Arfy> http://game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=13328
[14:16:40] <Arfy> i am such a ****ing retard

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 01:01   #15
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

You are: Lost in the beauty (15:3:5) (Clear)
Size: 547 761
Value: 609,537 1369
Score: 2,253,177 781
XP: 27,394 464

Died when i forgot i was fleetcatching some1 and went to see king kong at the cinema

Was a really harsh round, and i will never go cath again
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 02:10   #16
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

You are: Life is like a box of Chocolates (19:5:4)
Size: 844 360
Value: 1,060,019 827
Score: 1,865,339 929
XP: 13,422 890

My 4th round as a Cathaar, and honestly starting to get sick of it. Like most of Caths, I did the Beetle rush, and succeeded roiding Terrans, and deffing against Xan FRs so I kept building Corvettes until some very patient Terran found out that I am defenseless against Terran DEs (as always) and for some reason, the universe found out about it .

http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewplanet&x=19&y=5&z=4

I got roided here and there, but my biggest fall was from our war against LCH, which we obviously got omgwtftwatted. Also as an Insomnia and galaxy scanner, my value was expected to be as low. To Destiny, h3ll, green, Recluse, ice, BierBaron, and the rest of the gal, that even though it seemed that we never got along (or you NDers and Angels anyway), you guys were a cool bunch to sail with.

Oh, and also, thanks for exiling the rest of the Cathaars in our gal, made me feel special!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 02:36   #17
Ice|work

Ice|work is infamous around these parts

You finally managed to get 1 Mio value... gratz demi

Was a pleasure to play with you. Although we had bad luck with the BP in our Gal (never play with bf and gf from two different alliances).

You are: Prinz Karneval of Koelle Alaaaaf (19:5:6) Zik
Size: 1,464 84
Value: 3,630,775 61
Score: 5,639,095 110
XP: 33,472 333

My first round after a long break from PA. I was going random and landed in a ND/Angels + Demi Gal. Slept 7h each night and didn't care much about ship-stats. And i learned the hard way that News-Scan nowadays don't show Hostile/Friendly fleets anymore:

"Damn... no def on my target. But i'm not getting much roids. 5 more Incomings shown on news-scan". *sigh*

Thx to my Gal....

Ice|work...
Ice|work is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 11:30   #18
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You are: Flames (18:4:9) (Clear)
Size: 1,420 91
Value: 5,983,979 24
Score: 8,936,639 20
XP: 49,211 136

I got lucky with early round roiding, which is annoying considering that from week 1 I was feeling bored of playing PA properly and only carried on because I didn't want to let ND down

The wars were fun enough, but I stupidly played for value, and like all big xands (Or ziks, or even caths), I got mass frigate incs from those who based their fleet around FR. For a week or so, I was limited to escorting and faking because every roid I stole would simply give exil another 1.2k score in XP because mass frigates were pretty much unstoppable. Even with something like 400 wyverns, 5k marauders and 5k viper available ingal (plus 200k+ vsh of my own), it was quite a regular occurance that I would get a wave too large for them to stop. And I spent several weekends idle including a weekend vacmoded due to an interview at Cambridge uni. So all in all, I'm quite happy!

That said, if I'd been active all round and cared more about the game, the luck probably wouldn't have fallen my way and I wouldn't have done anywhere near as well.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2005, 14:41   #19
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

You are: Long Intervals (15:4:14) (Clear)
Size: 700 524
Value: 1,003,452 890
Score: 3,061,212 505
XP: 34,296 313

http://sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewplanet&x=15&y=4&z=14

Had two Angels in my buddy pack who weren't allowed to def. So, taking the risk, Cheradenine and me self exiled after 1/3 of round had passed (both top 100 by that time). Ofc Chera landed in some decent gal and I landed in dead galaxies with all my 4 exiles. From my perspective we should have stayed where we were. Noone ever reported any of my incs for the rest of round (except me). Ended up def whoring for alliance the rest of round with 2nd most def points in the end.

Got 20% of my score on the last day of round with kamikaze attacks

ps. Gate I thought you'd win ;(
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 01:11   #20
s7n
7ish

s7n is an unknown quantity at this point

Code:
You are: The Only Inhabitant (9:5:2)    (Clear)
Size:	1,494	77
Value:	3,212,221	83
Score:	6,411,481	72
XP:	53,321	115
Started in Insomnia finished in eXilition, had a good round, first round i finished top 100
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 16:40   #21
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Code:
You are: The Frustration (2:5:13)    (Clear)
Size:	363	1174
Value:	198,440	2466
Score:	2,053,280	848
XP:	30,914	381
I started playing a little at the start but got bored by tick 100 or so when I decided to play WoW.
Returned at tick 500 for a quick check to see an interesting political situation so I felt like playing (17th of November, the day I did some exams). Played for 2-3 weeks and got bored again and returned to WoW.
I'm quite pleased with my growth in the first 1-2 weeks of me playing, but my rank wasn't pleasing :P
http://www.sandmans.co.uk/graph.php?...lue&large=true
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:10   #22
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Code:
You are: Scooby Doo (17:8:5)    (Clear)
Size:	1,556	69
Value:	1,799,593	350
Score:	4,266,553	247
XP:	41,116	211

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 06:19   #23
Sir Mordred
General Lamer

Sir Mordred will become famous soon enoughSir Mordred will become famous soon enough

Code:
You are: Sir Mordred (1:5:4)    (Clear)
Size:	1,972	37
Value:	3,175,215	87
Score:	4,756,815	191
XP:	26,360	498
returned to pa by tick 98 after 5 rounds (allianceless) and found myself in some 1up dominated gal with massive incs. joined LCH after the first 1/3 of the round, exiled once mid round and ended in the above-mentioned gal (mainly LCH/eX). didnt have significantly less incs there than in the 1up gal, but the new gal and LCH rocked, so i finally managed to cross the million score
all in all the most interesting round i ever played. thanx for that to the whole universe, even to my attackers
II-60:9:6 [=SA=], III-25:22:3[YHQ], IV-114:4:8[YHQ][=V=], V-20:3:4[=V=], VI- 5:23:3[=V=], VII- 30:18:11[=V=], VIII- 33:10:2[=V=], IX- 25:6:7[=V=], IX.V- 7:3:5[=V=], XV-1:5:4 []LCH[], XVI-8:6:3 []LCH[], XVII-9:7:X OoO, XXII-12:3:8 Vgn, XXIII-X:X:X Vgn, XXIV-X:X:X Vgn, XXV-4:3:4 Vgn, XLII-10:3:3 CT
= Audentes Fortuna Iuvat =
Sir Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 15:19   #24
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

You are: Casuals (19:8:4) (Clear)
Size:1,002 247
Value:3,295,595 78
Score:7,750,475 38
XP:74,248 31

I made sure I had a real good Buddy pack... thanks to Badd, proxi, apoam and freedom . Made sure they were in allys that didnt do "3 fleeting" as they are as much use as an inactive. From there we did mass chopping of all inactives, spys and 3 fleeters (no ingal deffers) and ended as a Top 10 galaxy with thanks to mortalP merlin, JBG, shyne, westham and pyro. I had a good Idea for my round strategy for my planet... Most terrans would xp whore early on and run out of pace. So I had kept my value with little or no loss of ships from early to mid round. I adopted the dist whore (60 ish dist enough for all but dedicated scanners who were probily below my bash limit) approach to reduce my casual incs and also to be a def drain for ally attacks as I did do mass fakes.

Last edited by Paisley; 1 Jan 2006 at 16:59.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 15:56   #25
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

You are: Their Law of Battle Royale (1:2:6)
Size: 103
Value: 380,528
Score: 487,448
XP: 1,782
Final rank: 1979

I played as a scanner reaching 145 amps at the end, a medium factory, a heavy factory and 3 research centres (relics from the early part of the round).

All in all I am very happy with the number of amps I reached, a personal best for me.
However I didn't use them to their full effect as I was hugely inactive at the end of the round.

A fairly pleasing round all told, I received defence only once from an eXi player I was in gal with in my first galaxy. On the other side I only received around 8 incoming hostile fleets.
I went over 100 roids only twice with 103 being my maximum. Greatly dismayed at one point in the round being 3 waved for 101 roids, by planets all larger than my own, 1 of which I am sure could only just hit me due to the bash limit. To whoever they were, well played I'm sure the xp and roids you got from me greatly improved your roound.

I exiled once in the round due to becoming very bored of my original galaxy very early on. The galaxy I landed in and played with turned out to be largely made of scanners and covert op whores. A place I felt at home in to be sure.

That's pretty much it from me.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 00:56   #26
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

You are: Fizzle shizzle (19:8:3) (Clear)
Size: 250 1680
Value: 1,460,872 505
Score: 3,510,652 381
XP: 34,163 317

Value was too high at the end to xp whore properly

I went with cr later in the round, after landing on a zik with antigone using our co fleets (hand of thrawn was his planet name) who built 2000 thieves with reserve resources. Of course I had forgotton to planet scan, so it was my own fault. That meant a few weeks without my co fleet which really hurt.

Also seemed to attract a lot of def this round, and hardly any was fake

Shoutout to pais for being an excellent roider this round :P Our galaxy had a top BP and it was a lot of fun playing with em.
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 11:14   #27
E.S.B.

E.S.B. is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Who were you?

Code:
You are: ESB (13:10:2)    (Clear)
Size:	678	567
Value:	729,047	1198
Score:	903,647	1447
XP:	2,910	1607
Signed up late, december 12. Ended in a nice gal (thx guys), I think I did ok with the time I had. Roided a few times, got roided once but those were expensive roids (I think the guy just wanted to suicide his fleet). It was a nice experience after been gone for a very long time (I played r3-6). Between my nick was eu_sou_eu (I still use it on irc, but I might change), and I used to hang out here in #strategy, maybe some1 knows me from back then.
E.S.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 13:06   #28
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

You are: oO (6:3:14) (Clear)
Size: 866 334
Value: 1,136,870 750
Score: 2,965,970 540
XP: 30,485 388

Started the round 3 weeks late caus i planned to skip r15, obviously i can't stay away
Think i did ok, just nearly missed top 500.
Next round we meet again my pretty targets

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 14:43   #29
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I was: Absolute Despair of Torn Consciousness (19:3:8) Xan

You are: Absolute Despair (19:3:8) (Clear)
Size:1412582 Value:733,2381191
Score:965,4381399
XP:3,8701489

Edit: i just realised that the information above is post Havoc, which is totally useless. But who cares?

I was a FI Xan!!

I had another typical good start, then buggered myself at the end of protection when i lost my attacking fleet (again). Sometimes i wonder why i actually launch that first attacking fleet, as for the last three rounds in a row, it has been defended against and eliminated :\ .

Anyway, i was going fairly well, in a mostly inactive gal (ranked ~160, gradually up to about 140), and i was activily defending people in my alliance, which was Subh. About tick 425, my end of year exams started and i went into vac mode. So for those two weeks i was a non-person. Then, pretty much as soon as they finished, my computer finally karked it, needed a complete re-format. Unfortunately, i didnt have any backup, so i've lost the lot - old ship stats, irc logs, screenshots of happier days, development information (including for PAN), plus ofc email addresses of old galaxymates and so on etc. To top it off, i couldnt find my bloody windows disk and (later) office, so i decided to re-join the real world for the rest of the round. Took 40 days off, and damn were they great .

So, i was going ok untill i stopped playing, thus terrible rank.To those who were below me, you should be ashamed! . Interestingly though, i still had a fairly high Value compared to the rest of my ranks which is handy to have to defend people.

Whilst i was around, i did have alot of fun in Subh, who at the end of the round (without my help, or indeed perhaps because i wasnt there... ) came a marvellous 6th with only 80% of the members that all the other alliances had (less for most of the round). Subh imo did well, whilst i was stuffing around .

Congradulations to this round's winners (i've yet to find out who you were, but i will go have a look now ).

Fjear the PANdemonium that i will unleash next round! .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 18:28   #30
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can tell you've been away - there won't be any PANdemonium until r17
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 18:30   #31
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
each time... another piece of me dying inside in anguish :P
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 23:51   #32
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I was: Absolute Despair of Torn Consciousness (19:3:8) Xan

You are: Absolute Despair (19:3:8) (Clear)
Size:1412582 Value:733,2381191
Score:965,4381399
XP:3,8701489
Code:
You are: Absolute Despair (19:3:8)    (Clear)
Size:	141	2582
Value:	733,238	1191
Score:	965,438	1399
XP:	3,870	1489
There's the pre-havoc information off sandmans. Your planet sucked
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 00:10   #33
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
You really should add that to the appropriate thread
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 01:48   #34
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

You are: Art (18:5:2) (Clear)
Size: 1,335 113
Value: 2,853,575 114
Score: 4,790,735 186
XP: 32,286 354

Zikonian, 110 dists, eX DC, First round of PA (Hence the low XP, didn't pay attention to it till end of round :<)
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 02:29   #35
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

You are: twister (19:3:7) (Clear)
Size: 1,310 125
Value: 3,864,557 53
Score: 5,829,137 100
XP: 32,743 346

somehow ended dead last on t100
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 05:31   #36
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

You are: Squishy (1:1:6) (Clear)
Size: 39 2991
Value: 169,954 2551
Score: 726,994 1614
XP: 9,284 1076

Didnt really play all that much. Was trying to beat appoc till i crashed my fleet. About 2.5k of my XP came from roid initiations

Ticks Roiding: 6 Exiles: 1 XP per Roid: 2.98
Ticks Roided: 103 (+1) Idle: 15 ticks Ratio: 2.29
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 07:11   #37
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

I *almost* finished rank 1337. I was ducking back and forth with a few over the range of 1330-1339.

Dang.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote