User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Apr 2009, 16:13   #1
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
xVx round 31

well now, as i see on sandmans, xvx has a total of 89 members, seemingly alot after last round utter dissapointment for xvx with far lower members.

I hear xvx has taken alot of 'lith' players in, however I guess this is around +10? 15?? max players so who else have they recruited? Why do xvx look so strong and who are there military commanders this round? It's good to see an alliancr such as xvx looking so strong but I'd just like to find out a bit behind what is happening behind the scenes there.

Also have xVx got plans to tackle Ascendancy(seemingly there main competition) from t72 or are they going to take a more laid back approach??

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 16:34   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: xVx round 31

I know for a fact that xVx's recruitment jingle has been: Join xVx, Ascendancy wont attack us!
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 16:55   #3
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
I know for a fact that xVx's recruitment jingle has been: Join xVx, Ascendancy wont attack us!
So basically what you're saying is that, Ascendancy and xVx made a pretick agreement? Can anyone confirm this from xvx or asc?

Unread 27 Apr 2009, 17:04   #4
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

There's no agreement. I'm not going to avoid xvx unless I see something in it for me/asc, which I don't.
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 17:43   #5
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Its always about you kila
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 17:51   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Can anyone confirm this from xvx or asc?
No but we can deny it
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 23:36   #7
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

there have been friendly ties with xvx and asc last round and if i get a pm from xvx that i am attacking one of their members and if i want to pull in order for some friendlyness later on i personally most likely will

dunno what the rest of asc thinks of that.
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 00:13   #8
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
there have been friendly ties with xvx and asc last round and if i get a pm from xvx that i am attacking one of their members and if i want to pull in order for some friendlyness later on i personally most likely will
You actually think you're going to need some "friendliness later on". Hilarious.
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 00:41   #9
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
You actually think you're going to need some "friendliness later on". Hilarious.

it never hurts not to be a cock 100% of the time
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 00:55   #10
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
it never hurts not to be a cock 100% of the time
Yea it does, in this case, you recall an attack that may be landing because you want help that you're never going to need.
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 08:34   #11
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Yea it does, in this case, you recall an attack that may be landing because you want help that you're never going to need.
Effortless > *

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 16:30   #12
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

question is, would xVx step up and go toe to toe with Asc if needed?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 16:46   #13
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

I can't see xvx wanting to fight a war against asc and I don't think they intended to aim for #1 alliance in the first place. But there are no agreements for now, just friendly chit-chat..

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 17:02   #14
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

so we have the #1 alliance, and the #2 alliance who are unlikely to go to war? and none of the other alliances are at the strength needed to take on asc....is the round officially now an initiating race?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 17:11   #15
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Ofc not mek, after all theres a handfull og BGs around, and weakened top alliances, + no alliance willing to bring the fight to asc...

they are clearly outnumbered and need friends(xvx) atm
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 17:36   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxman View Post
ofc not mek, after all theres a handfull og bgs around, and weakened top alliances, + no alliance willing to bring the fight to asc...

They are clearly outnumbered and need friends(xvx) atm :d
Okay, I'll say this once as it really needs to be said.

YOU'RE IN ONE OF THOSE BGS LOOKING TO AVOID INCS AND AVOID FIGHTING ASCENDANCY AS A TOP ALLIANCE FROM THE START. YOU CAN'T START CRITICISING PEOPLE WHEN THE ****ING PROBLEM IS YOU.
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 18:34   #17
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Foxman got told! :P

JBG once you guys have a nice value lead I think you should declare war on the entire uni, for hilarity if for nothing else. If people don't fight back you just take them to the ground
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 21:49   #18
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
so we have the #1 alliance, and the #2 alliance who are unlikely to go to war? and none of the other alliances are at the strength needed to take on asc....is the round officially now an initiating race?
Has everybody tagged up?
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 22:08   #19
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Okay, I'll say this once as it really needs to be said.

YOU'RE IN ONE OF THOSE BGS LOOKING TO AVOID INCS AND AVOID FIGHTING ASCENDANCY AS A TOP ALLIANCE FROM THE START. YOU CAN'T START CRITICISING PEOPLE WHEN THE ****ING PROBLEM IS YOU.
its kinda nice how some people turn from how idiotic it was to fight asc from the getgo last round because they would then not have enough value to do anything for the endgame, and now if someone start a round like most alliances, if not all have in the past, thats a ****ING PROBLEM!

capslock is gay btw.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 22:19   #20
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
its kinda nice how some people turn from how idiotic it was to fight asc from the getgo last round because they would then not have enough value to do anything for the endgame, and now if someone start a round like most alliances, if not all have in the past, thats a ****ING PROBLEM!

capslock is gay btw.
If you want to start like any other alliance, don't come here complaining about other alliances doing the same, while having no idea about their overall goal/motivation. Unless there's a radical change in alliance size these bg's need to man up and run proper alliances again, after dlr's success last round everyone seems to be joining a bg to get an easier round. Personally I hope we roid all those ego players silly and make them realise bgs won't work in a normal round (r30 was very unusual in many ways). Feels like certain people want to push xVx into something just because they don't want to do it themselfs...

Planets.
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),

Those damn emp races..
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 22:19   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If you're going to ****ing bitch about it on here and hope someone else does your dirty work for you then yeah I'm perfectly willing to call you a hypocritical ****tard. If you want to just sit back and play your round I'm fine with that too.
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 22:21   #22
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

xVx is no where near strong enough to fight Asc, just looking at the tag numbers doesnt give you an indication of strength or willpower.

xVx is only favourite for 2nd place, due to Cardi+Liths joining xVx.. It still has the same Core as previous rounds and the same members. Its not full of 90top players, The vast majority of 'top players' this round either joined Asc or went to a BG to 'play with friends'. If those players, had decided to join xVx/ND or CT the situation would be different. In short, xVx is only 2nd due to it being the only alliance (apart from Asc) who has managed to get 90 members.

If you want a different perspective, If Cardi+Liths had decided to join Rock instead of xVx.. then Rock would be 2nd favourite.

Its also interesting to note, that if any of the 'top' BGs decide to join CT or ND then that alliance would automatically become 2nd favourite. So if any of you in BG's decide someone needs to go to war with Asc, you could easily do it.. It just seems that none of you want to go to war with Asc, you want someone else to do it for you. I'd say, this is mainly due to if no-one war's Asc.. then all the BG's simply become farms which Asc can overpower with sheer numbers.

(Note: This is just my opinion, i dont know xVx politics)
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2009, 23:21   #23
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
Foxman got told! :P

JBG once you guys have a nice value lead I think you should declare war on the entire uni, for hilarity if for nothing else. If people don't fight back you just take them to the ground
How would that work? Ascendancy would just hit who they want and when they want?

...that's pretty much what is happening at the moment anyway
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 00:06   #24
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

I like these BG's. I bet it's gonna be a more interesting round for all the people in them than it will be for Asc winning without having to try.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 00:14   #25
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
So basically what you're saying is that, Ascendancy and xVx made a pretick agreement? Can anyone confirm this from xvx or asc?
afaik we have a pretick agreement to agree to have an agreement later.

Or something like that, we have an utter retard doing politics this round.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 01:02   #26
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

how so many people have concluded that people join BG's for an 'easy round' is beyond me given asc's recent dominance and the lack of main competitor/rival for them this round
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 01:13   #27
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
If you want to start like any other alliance, don't come here complaining about other alliances doing the same, while having no idea about their overall goal/motivation. Unless there's a radical change in alliance size these bg's need to man up and run proper alliances again, after dlr's success last round everyone seems to be joining a bg to get an easier round. Personally I hope we roid all those ego players silly and make them realise bgs won't work in a normal round (r30 was very unusual in many ways). Feels like certain people want to push xVx into something just because they don't want to do it themselfs...
You're really ignorant Mr. Golan. By being in DLR last round, It didn't make it any easier then being in another alliances. Infact it probably made it harder in many respects. I'm absolutely sick of people trying to take credits away from DLR round 30. Let me tell you some facts Golan. DLR had incommings. When DLR had incommings, we ALL grounded defence and we 100% deffed it making it unefficent for alliances to keep targgeting us. BUT ALSO, when we had incommings from alliances, the next day, after we deffed all we could, we 24/7 raided big planets in those alliances, demoralising and roid raping there best/biggest planets, completely slowing ANY alliance down, Ask GM about this, ask ND hcs, ask Wish... Ascendancy did not hit us because of this. whatever crap you keep coming up with about how BGs only worked in R30. Watch DLR do well this round, because DLR is full of active/decent players who care about there friends etc, much like Ascendancy core. I wish people would realise this and stop saying DLR had a easy round blah blah blah. DLR MADE DLR HAVE AN EASY ROUND. not the other way round as far as I'm concerned.

Unread 29 Apr 2009, 01:16   #28
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post

Haha, fair enough, thanks for your response jester.

Unread 29 Apr 2009, 01:55   #29
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
If you're going to ****ing bitch about it on here and hope someone else does your dirty work for you then yeah I'm perfectly willing to call you a hypocritical ****tard. If you want to just sit back and play your round I'm fine with that too.
sigh. Where did I whine or bitch about anything?
I joined a smal group this round because I didnt have time to setup Omen again for r31 ( exam period! ) and because there were no other good alliances I thought would fight asc. Being in a BG does NOT mean we will not be a part of any fights this round, but atm I dont see a massive need to jump at any given alliance from the getgo either. If we are forced into conflict we will enter the conflict.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 01:59   #30
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post

you know what made me laugh and giggle a couple of days ago?! Cardinal claimed xvx wasnt asc support tag and said he would attack asc!

Quote:
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 02:19   #31
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
I joined a smal group this round because I didnt have time to setup Omen again for r31 ( exam period! ) and because there were no other good alliances I thought would fight asc. Being in a BG does NOT mean we will not be a part of any fights this round, but atm I dont see a massive need to jump at any given alliance from the getgo either. If we are forced into conflict we will enter the conflict.
Wishmaster surely the point you just made, only claifys JBG's personal opinion. You say you dont need to jump on the any given alliance from the getgo, well ofcourse you dont have to. But the fact of the matter is, you're just as useless as the rest of the alliances out there, simply sitting there and letting Ascendancy dominate once again. It truely is sickening to watch.

Unread 29 Apr 2009, 02:21   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
It wasn't a personal you, it was a general you slightly aimed at Foxman and more generally aimed at some of the retarded comments I've seen on here. I'm all for people doing what they want to do, it's what we've always done, or at least tried to do at the start!
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 02:38   #33
Zotnam
Over the moon

Quote:
You're really ignorant Mr. Golan. By being in DLR last round, It didn't make it any easier then being in another alliances. Infact it probably made it harder in many respects. I'm absolutely sick of people trying to take credits away from DLR round 30. Let me tell you some facts Golan. DLR had incommings. When DLR had incommings, we ALL grounded defence and we 100% deffed it making it unefficent for alliances to keep targgeting us. BUT ALSO, when we had incommings from alliances, the next day, after we deffed all we could, we 24/7 raided big planets in those alliances, demoralising and roid raping there best/biggest planets, completely slowing ANY alliance down, Ask GM about this, ask ND hcs, ask Wish... Ascendancy did not hit us because of this. whatever crap you keep coming up with about how BGs only worked in R30. Watch DLR do well this round, because DLR is full of active/decent players who care about there friends etc, much like Ascendancy core. I wish people would realise this and stop saying DLR had a easy round blah blah blah. DLR MADE DLR HAVE AN EASY ROUND. not the other way round as far as I'm concerned.
Do you really think this is new info to me? DLR didn't make DLR have an easy round, the political situation in the universe did.. CT had good success raiding dlr gals (except 7:2) and that's why they kept doing it. Your def fleets were pisspoor and more than once had to recall at eta 1 because of failing to cover properly. You were just lucky enough to have limited + shitty incoming that you could cover with inefficient fleets. Even with these advantages, you still managed to crash your whole fleet after calling me a horrible player in pm.. 7:2 didn't have incoming for a MONTH, anyone not calling this an easy ride must be on some groovy drugs.

And trust me, you really don't want me to get started on DLR politics and the loltrain that involved last round, guess watching first top gal, then top planet and at the last tick top average slip away when they were all 3 right there for the taking has made you even more bitter.
You did nothing worth noting last round.

Planets.

Those damn emp races..
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 02:49   #34
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Do you really think this is new info to me? DLR didn't make DLR have an easy round, the political situation in the universe did.. CT had good success raiding dlr gals (except 7:2) and that's why they kept doing it. Your def fleets were pisspoor and more than once had to recall at eta 1 because of failing to cover properly. You were just lucky enough to have limited + shitty incoming that you could cover with inefficient fleets. Even with these advantages, you still managed to crash your whole fleet after calling me a horrible player in pm.. 7:2 didn't have incoming for a MONTH, anyone not calling this an easy ride must be on some groovy drugs.

And trust me, you really don't want me to get started on DLR politics and the loltrain that involved last round, guess watching first top gal, then top planet and at the last tick top average slip away when they were all 3 right there for the taking has made you even more bitter.
I cant work out if you're pretending to be plain stupid or you're actually thinking that you're in the right here. Why wouldy an alliance hit DLR last round, other then for bitterness, we had 4 planets worth hitting in 3 2 and 9 2(maybe less in 9 2), when either of those 2 got hit, Most incommings were covered. CT had a personal vendetta against DLR after all DLR gave them ALOT of annoying incommings, I'm sure they'll back you up on this. Ascendancy CHOOSE not to hit DLR because they knew we would be a threat to them, hence it did not make sense politically to hit them, WHY? because of WHO WE WERE AND WHAT WE WERE DOING, you wouldnt just let fat targets sit there if it was not beneifcial and if you did not think we would retal against you or try to defend our roids, you would of roided DLR as soon as the Omen-Asc fighting stopped. I really dont get why you're being so awkward about this. It's silly. 7:2 Didn't go for a time period of a month without incommings, that is incorrect. And foolish to say that. We had no incs because people were afraid to hit us, just as much as it made poltiical sense, sometimes you should ask yourself why it was politically correct not to hit DLR. There must of been a reason, try talking to JBG in pm about it or something.

Unread 29 Apr 2009, 03:40   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
Why wouldy an alliance hit DLR last round, other then for bitterness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golan
DLR didn't make DLR have an easy round, the political situation in the universe did.
Due respect to DLR, I quite liked what they did, more than most probably, but unless you're going to claim DLR somehow created the political situation last round rather than "merely" exploiting it I honestly don't see where you're coming from in disagreeing with golan here. I discouraged people from hitting DLR for a couple of reasons, DLR were never a threat for #1 and they seemed perfectly happy to not hit us as long we didn't hit them. Going out and making more enemies when you haven't defeated the old ones is not a good political move usually. I wouldn't advise that regardless of who we were facing off against that, all the way from IPC through to Fury. Don't have a clue about how good your def was last round, I didn't pay attention to be honest although I do recall CT would have greater success roiding DLR gals than targetting us anyways.
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 04:27   #36
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Do you really think this is new info to me? DLR didn't make DLR have an easy round, the political situation in the universe did..
Absolutely the political situation allowed us to 'have an easy round.' But I'll ask you this, had CT HC been running DLR, do you think DLR would have had such an easy time? We also took proactive political decisions to further help discourage incs on us.

Quote:
CT had good success raiding dlr gals (except 7:2) and that's why they kept doing it.
CT had limited success raiding DLR gals (considering they had ~5 times our members, I'd say very limited would be more appropriate). We attacked them back for hitting us, which is the reason the kept attacking us also (I guess, I don't pretend to understand what goes/went through CT's head).

Quote:
Your def fleets were pisspoor and more than once had to recall at eta 1 because of failing to cover properly. You were just lucky enough to have limited + shitty incoming that you could cover with inefficient fleets.
What was pisspoor about our def fleets? Neither can I recall anyone recalling defense from my planet eta 1 once the entire round, nor myself recalling a def fleet eta 1 from someone else's planet; if 'more than once' means twice, then sure, maybe that happened. But if you're using 'more than once' as a vague term to suggest it happened with any sort of regularity, you are mistaken. What was inefficient about our def fleets?

Quote:
Top gal and planet were never goals of ours, merely nice publicity while they lasted. As far as top average, it would have been nice to have and we expected going into the round to win it (I would have left the tag myself had I known Asc was going to take it on the last tick), but nobody cared enough to play the game in a way that prioritized it. And in fairness to CBA (regardless of whether he believes what he's posting or just trying to get a rise out of you), he was away from planetarion when all three of those things 'slipped' away from us.

Quote:
Judging by the emergence of a handful of similar (I'd assume) 'BGs' for this round, I'd say at least a few people noted what we did last round.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 04:42   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

One of the things that occurs to me about "inefficient def fleets" although it's not really a fleet issue more of a race/planet thing was the fact you'd all gone etd/xan. Nice for roiding and all but versus a decent fi/co wave (that is one including a solid fleet of cutlass) you're in trouble. You either need mass emp to 100% cover or mass fi to flak through the attackers emp and kill enough cutlass to make it a vaguely landable def.

I dunno if golan was thinking of other things as well/instead of that. Informative reading the rest of your post though! This may have been mentioned elsewhere but what were your actual goals for last round? Just to play in the way that you did, ie defend en masse when needed and attack big hostiles when it wasn't, or something more specific?
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 05:08   #38
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
This may have been mentioned elsewhere but what were your actual goals for last round? Just to play in the way that you did, ie defend en masse when needed and attack big hostiles when it wasn't, or something more specific?

Our one and only goal for last round was to have top avg score, but as zebra mentioned that slipped away at the last tick buy like 20k or something(i can't remember exactly but it wasn't much).
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 06:03   #39
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
One of the things that occurs to me about "inefficient def fleets" although it's not really a fleet issue more of a race/planet thing was the fact you'd all gone etd/xan. Nice for roiding and all but versus a decent fi/co wave (that is one including a solid fleet of cutlass) you're in trouble. You either need mass emp to 100% cover or mass fi to flak through the attackers emp and kill enough cutlass to make it a vaguely landable def.

I dunno if golan was thinking of other things as well/instead of that. Informative reading the rest of your post though! This may have been mentioned elsewhere but what were your actual goals for last round? Just to play in the way that you did, ie defend en masse when needed and attack big hostiles when it wasn't, or something more specific?
The biggest oversight we had was not having any ziks; cutlass would have made a world of difference to our calcs on a daily basis. We are (or like to be) an attack oriented alliance, so last round was very out of character for us. It was hard to justify going out to attack a gal when we couldn't even cover it properly (size of gals vs. size of our tag, and general inactivity/laziness), on top of the fact the most efficient thing to do with our low number of fleets and high roid counts was to defend. We hoped for the day when we would get mass waved and roided down (honestly), so we could start being a launch/recalling nuisance to the fattest planets with our north american FI/CO fleets, but that day didn't come until we had mostly lost interest.

I think the three biggest reasons why DLR played solo again last round were 1) Grog was willing to put in the effort 2) we all knew each other and have enjoyed this game together for many rounds (free from random idiots that the larger allies house) and 3) it was supposed to be the last round. Personally I have trouble separating this from our goals (reasons why we play), but generally people said 'highest average' to have something tangible to aim for. Also personally, I took this “goal” for granted/given because we are, on average, better than any other alliance out there (mostly because we have relatively less dead weight); the only top 60% of the tag counts toward the average thing kinda messed that up for us though. I would have liked to harass the top planets more (hard to justify as stated above), done some fleet catches (pointless with salvage last round), and roided elviz once we starting launching at Asc (would a massive FI/CO faked as BS wave even have worked?) – failed goals of mine. I'm kind of weird about why I play PA though, so I'll try and bug some other guys to post their thoughts on this (I'm curious too).

edit: 1) I don't mean to say Grog does all the work, because that's not even close to true. So very many people contributed so very much of their time to our alliance last round, but ultimately I feel that without Grog at the helm it just wouldn't have worked.

edit2: i cant believe i missed this gem from CBA earlier in the thread, thanks theodb you pnapper!
[01:54] <theodb> DLR MADE DLR HAVE AN EASY ROUND. not the other way round as far as I'm concerned.
[01:54] <theodb> \o/
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)

Last edited by zebra; 29 Apr 2009 at 06:56.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 06:34   #40
Tomkat

Quote:
Haha, fair enough, thanks for your response jester.
This made me laugh.

THANKS JESTER FOR YOUR SERIOUS AND FRANK REPLY TO MY QUESTION
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 12:35   #41
CBA
Mind-boggling

I'm still waiting on Marka/Sky or any xVx representative to come forward and explain in English, how they've recruited so many people and what there goals are. This thread should encourage someone from xVx to post as it's pretty obvious by the title it's going to talk about xVx..

Unread 29 Apr 2009, 12:41   #42
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

You'll be waiting a long time if you want to get English out of Sky.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 12:43   #43
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

I think they personally don't give a shit about a discussion concerning their strategy, tactics or whatever. This thread probably will stay a hollow shell of speculation and assumptions.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 13:44   #44
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
If you want a different perspective, If Cardi+Liths had decided to join Rock instead of xVx.. then Rock would be 2nd favourite.
Ugh, dont let cardi hear you say that! He's self-important enough as it is!

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 13:51   #45
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm still waiting on Marka/Sky or any xVx representative to come forward and explain in English, how they've recruited so many people and what there goals are. This thread should encourage someone from xVx to post as it's pretty obvious by the title it's going to talk about xVx..
I dont understand what you want...

They didnt do any special recruiting, they recruited the same as they always did. Its just Cardi+Liths switched over to xVx, which made xVx get stronger in the eyes of certain people, making them also more likely to join xVx (Take the prediction thread for instance, people put xVx highly.. making it easier to recruit).

xVx goals are the same as always, to have fun. As far as im aware, we currently have no other goals. We certainly have no intention of solo-fighting Asc and have no plans for war at this time. Obviously things can change.. i.e. if a block forms against Asc, its impossible to know which side we would join (I guess it depends on how strong the Block is).

(Note: I have no idea on xVx politics, so everything i post is just opinions.. Dont take what i post as the official xVx view. Its one advantage of not being told intel/politics, you can still post freely on the forums )
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 13:51   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Having spoken to night-sky a bit last round I can assure you that responding to questions from some guy she doesn't know on a forum she doesn't really like about an issue she doesn't owe anyone an answer on probably isn't that high on her priority list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra
(would a massive FI/CO faked as BS wave even have worked?)
I'd say you'd probably have ended up with a value loss on both sides. We'd normally cover large cr/bs waves with fr/de but a good few of our zik fleets were virtually bucc only. Thanks for the rest of your post though!
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 14:00   #47
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I dont understand what you want...

They didnt do any special recruiting, they recruited the same as they always did. Its just Cardi+Liths switched over to xVx, which made xVx get stronger in the eyes of certain people, making them also more likely to join xVx (Take the prediction thread for instance, people put xVx highly.. making it easier to recruit).

xVx goals are the same as always, to have fun. As far as im aware, we currently have no other goals. We certainly have no intention of solo-fighting Asc and have no plans for war at this time. Obviously things can change.. i.e. if a block forms against Asc, its impossible to know which side we would join (I guess it depends on how strong the Block is).

(Note: I have no idea on xVx politics, so everything i post is just opinions.. Dont take what i post as the official xVx view. Its one advantage of not being told intel/politics, you can still post freely on the forums )
AH ok, so you're at xvx, thats interesting....

you say xvx only recruited the liths(stop mentioning one persons name:P) How many liths are there? I still dont see how they got such a big jump? did some fellow Omens join them then???

and @JBG, sky knows me very well!

Unread 29 Apr 2009, 14:03   #48
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
AH ok, so you're at xvx, thats interesting....

you say xvx only recruited the liths(stop mentioning one persons name:P) How many liths are there? I still dont see how they got such a big jump? did some fellow Omens join them then???

Yes, im xVx.. but i dont know the politics or intel. So everything im posting is opinions, not xVx's official views (im pointing that out every post, so someone doesnt take what i say.. as xVx stance).

They got the jump and influx of members, as when Cardi+Liths joined.. It brought xVx's profile up to a top-tiered alliance (at least for this round) and favourite to finish #2.

That coupled with ND/CT being viewed as extremly weak (and FanG disbanding), xVx became the only option if you wanted to join a top alliance (except for Asc) if you exclude the BG's.
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 14:12   #49
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
2/3 still doesn't make it that likely!

Edit: There were about 20 liths playing last round. Or more realistically one
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 14:22   #50
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

There really isn't that many alliances worth joining 3 maybe.. 1 sure thing and then there's the BG's..

Basically it's going to be summer vacation round, atleast this one is short as dunno what would be the point continuing very long as winner should be quite clear around week 4 at latest, even if we'r all betting on one alliance atm.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote