Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 17 Apr 2004, 18:47   #51
Barbarossa

Barbarossa is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dune

eeexcellent.
i'd love to see it
or I could just PM you with my idea and leave the technical bits up to you, which ever works for you
Barbarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 11:09   #52
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

Yeah, chop chop
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 16:47   #53
Barbarossa

Where is Dune, must have mighty Cavalry army to ride down perfidious foe.
DOOOOM
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 22:45   #54
Barbarossa

Bump...

Seriously Hewitt Dude, there is only so long a man can be expected to wait for duney goodness.
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 17:26   #55
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Are you serious? You are still waiting?

I'll give this a crack once the semester is over. Until then I suggest you look elsewhere for 'duney' goodness.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 21:06   #56
Barbarossa

Damn you Hewitt.
Damn you for taunting me with the gorgeousness of Dune.
***mumbles***

sulks
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 03:12   #57
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

Unfortunatly, barbarossa, not all of us have a good patience and when a thread hasn't even started, us Planetarion Rolaplaying Forumists tend to either give up or check other threads for RP goodness.

In this case, since Hewitt is in australia plus the fact he may have a lot of work to do, time of starting may actually be a while.

The only thread people actually wait for is Andromeda Pirates (DMed by Lady Hawk) or, when it was around, Insane Fighting Arena Championships (IFA-C) and other such events (such as the Ultimate Fighting Arena Tournament (UCT))
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 05:57   #58
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

The main reason I never started this is once I got stuck into creating the background stats and processes I soon released that i would have a snowball's chance in hell of ever having enough time to properly DM this.

The other reason was when I asked for people to PM their ideas for unique units, practically no one did.

Having said all that however, I still have everyone's details on file and before I gave up I had managed to devise a proper unit creation system, had a basic idea how all the stats fit into battles, shortened everyone's attributes into four simple words, had made a COLOUR map, a list of all the different spice fields (values/regen-rate/storm risk/wormsign), a system of chance for those kick-ass sandstorms and wormsign - I even went as far as creating different sized worms and storms, had a basic idea on base setup, had thought up an idea involving N, S, E, W facing base defences and was in the process of considering whether or not RP attributes would each have their own pro's and cons.

See. Not so simple when you think about it huh?

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 13:55   #59
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Oh my God, he's Australian!

Woo. Nice going Hewitt-d00d.
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 14:47   #60
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
Oh my God, he's Australian!

All I need now is a decent storyline and a clone that can do all the DM'ing for me...

*Thinks about this: "He shall be called 'Mini-Hewitt"*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 20:45   #61
Barbarossa

Hey there.
Well i don't know if this would help but i'm certainly willing to co-DM and help with plottiness.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 16:29   #62
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Dude, if you can come up with a decent plotline for this thread AND be able to understand all the stats running in the background you'll become my new idol.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 17:04   #63
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

who needs a plotline when you can have me for a semi-serious plotline filled with GAZILLION-NESS of random-ness?
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 18:19   #64
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Should I be holding a competiton?

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 18:28   #65
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

No, just declare me winner. You know you want to, you Australian rascal.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 18:42   #66
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Evil_Ginge has a little shameless behaviour in the past

hmm ok i think i'll join this

House: Terminatus

House Terminatus's homeworld is half covered with factories and industry, it is the premier centre of heavy weapons making and manufacturing of essential equipment, it has been a center of trade to most other houses since its establishment. The house itsself is paranoid of other houses and as a consequence its homeworld is covered with defensive guns and impenetrable fortresses. Its orbital protection system alone can defeat a rival houses fleet. All planets colonised by the house resemble its homeworld in its defensive measures and industry.

History: The house has a history that is shrouded by backstabbing from other houses and constant attacks on its world in attempts to control the weapon manufacturing plants, all failed attempts due to the defensive nature of the worlds. It has always been intruging that this house has never had internal squabbles, each aspect of it working as a machine, with most of its members cybernetically augmented in some way. Its interests in arrakis are purely on a profitable interest, spice weapons after all could have a great potential.

Leader: Perturabo

Homeworld: Medrengard

Fighting Style:

The houses fighting style is such that they rarely get into close combat, instead relying upon their unwavering faith in their guns. They are masters of seige warfare. They commence battle with a sustained bombardment utilising every gun at their disposal. The basis of this is a complex fire plan in which every weapon is directed with utmost care at the optimum target for maximum effect. The bombardment can last for weeks as the Terminatus house rarely seem to be short of ammunition. They handle their weaponry well, with formations moving forward to fire and then redeploying before any reprisal. Often their entire force will move laterally to bring their fire against enemy weak points, with the result that counter-attacks flounder helplessly in the teeth of the Terminatus houses weapons. They frequently use massive titan style mechs, capabl of supporting huge weapons and fitting in well at gunning down troops and breaking open defenses.

Rivals:
Barbarossa, Tyranus, Taylore

for using close combat, sneakyness and attempting to steal technology from us :P

[note that i have grabbed descriptions and names from warhammer 40k, but then again, its such a cool army]

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Proud owner of K8 Advanced AI Tia

Last edited by Evil_Ginge; 30 Jul 2004 at 10:43.
Evil_Ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 18:50   #67
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
No, just declare me winner. You know you want to, you Australian rascal.

Mate you wanna work on this then go for it. I'm not gonna stop you from doing work you know.

Btw if people are still interested after my exams are over I'll give this thread some more serious thought...

But not right now.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 18:51   #68
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

hmm still lazy i see :P

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Unread 13 Jun 2004, 18:55   #69
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Oh and EG, great write up but I'm fairly certain that cybernetics are in breach of the "Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of the human mind" law. Otherwise all good.

Edit: Yeah and?

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 18:57   #70
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

technically the enhancemnets are just going to be for practical uses, for example replacing arms that have been blown off or for engineers, tool arms

Unread 14 Jun 2004, 16:40   #71
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Ok that is acceptable but be prepared to face some suspicion and even a little hostility from some of the other houses over the legality of said enhancements.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 16:43   #72
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

heh that doesn't bother me, if it annoys them i'll do more enhancements... or capture thei soldiers and replace thir brains :P

Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:00   #73
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this but in case you are you'll be happy to know that I've just done a shitload of background work on this and lo and behold I'm almost actually finished! :eek:

Got all the content now just need to organise things a bit 'tis all...

Battle calc - finished
Unit list - finished
Building list - finished
Unit Workshop - finished
Dune Map - finished; but needs a home
House details - finished
House bonuses - in progress
House list - in progress
Storm list - finished
Worm list - finished
Spice list - finished
Weather calc - finished
Worm calc - finished
Spice calc - in progress

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!

Last edited by Hewitt; 24 Jul 2004 at 15:05.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:23   #74
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

Well I'm avilabe to help, mind you I was never good with Dune plotlining so I'm kinda out the window for that one, If you want though you could send me your current house list and I could finish it up.

Mind you I am a little wary as to how my house would get through this whole thing without more than a little suspicion.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 19:16   #75
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

dune map home yo
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 18:42   #76
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

OMG I'M ACTUALLY FINISHED!!!

<cue much rejoicing>

I've written practically everything you need to know in the first post of this thread, it's pretty long but I strongly suggest you read it.

In fact, I demand you read it. You realise just how long it's taken to prepare all that shit?

Your looking at over three months work.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 00:15   #77
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Map is up.

sorry 'bout the google-ads
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 00:22   #78
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

DAMN! Nice work Hewitt!
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 00:48   #79
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road

Hewitt, can we make the pyon villiages our main base?

(if so, I call Carthag)
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 01:29   #80
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

call all you want. I think that would be a no, It may give some players a unfair head start. Though it is a good point.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 04:08   #81
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Turn 0 - Planetfall

[ooc] Yeah you can actually but you still need to pay the required fee amount - this is the same for all houses.

Others might think this is unfair due to how cheap he can get them but remember the penalties as well[/ooc]

You are all picked up from your various homeworlds and are now just arriving at Dune (You can RP your house being picked up if you wish). In the final telegram received by each house from the Imperium you are aware that the competition does not start for another 24 hours, giving you one day to prepare....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imperial Arrakis Monitoring Station (IAMS)
Current Hazards to Report

None as yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone must pick a location for their first base.

You each start with:
- 10000c (unless your house has a quality which states otherwise)
- A number of military units up to the value of 2000c
- A construction yard, windtrap and a refinery with 1 harvester

Good luck everyone and may you find shade today...

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 12:48   #82
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

KlavoHunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Ginge
<snip>
Must you copy the description of the Iron Warriors, word-for-word? :P
KlavoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 18:47   #83
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Do we need carry-alls for the harvester or is that assumed to come along with the price of the harverster.
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 19:10   #84
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Carry-alls are extra. Until you have the required funds and facilities your harvester travels along the ground.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 20:35   #85
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

The unit limit for the 'starting order' only applies to Military units, and not.. other units, such as carry-alls and harvesters?
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 21:00   #86
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
Carry-alls are extra. Until you have the required funds and facilities your harvester travels along the ground.
So our harvesters are wormfood, basically?
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 21:27   #87
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Yours are, yeah.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 23:10   #88
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Cool.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 01:09   #89
Wo2
The Janitor!

After a slight Misunderstanding (basicly me being a Idiot) I present my Opening post.
----CUT-----

Ikara knelt on the cold stone floor of his masters Citadel, and awaited his master to acknowledge him, one did not cough or clear his throat to get Omnius's attention, one waited until he choose to speak. A handful of familiar "Eye's" hovered into the hall and hovered in locations on all sides of the chamber, to record and document this meeting for later use.
"Why do you come before me Ikara?" rumbled a voice, which came out of the very walls of the massive tower.

"We are ready to depart for the planet Dune, our forces are prepared and already a guild Highliner is awaiting in orbit, we've taken the normal steps to cover ourselves, The cloud cover has been seeded with the jamming material and we are using foreign built transports to fairy our units into orbit. No one will know what we are,” reported Ikara, still kneeling, with his face towards the floor.

"Very well. You will command our forces on Dune, we cannot risk making an Onmius for our Dune operations, we would have no way to synchronize it like protocol requires. Perform the deed to the best of your abilities, I am sure you can over come you human frailties,” the voice said.

"Of course my Master, but If I may, my humanness has come up with a Idea that may be useful."

"Speak." command the voice

"We will be establishing base's on the surface of Dune, and I have been collecting Data on the planet itself. As we know already, it suffers from destructive Sandstorms and the creatures know as Shi'halud by the natives of Dune. Our advance scouts also learned of something else. The old Imperial rule established Botanical testing stations, these stations have environmental equipment, that we will not need, but they also come with primitive electronic control and archival systems. If we could find one of these structures, we could establish our first base around it and use its systems as our control hub, but we could also implement smaller computer cores into each of our base structures. Those cores could be installed along with defense equipment, and they could protect our base structures. In the event that someone could breach our structures perimeter, we could deal with them quickly and efficiently, with the internal defense systems. In the event that those should fail, our core would detonate the structure to keep our secrets safe. Also, all the cores would be connected to each other, like you are to the entire planet, and each core would add some capabilities to our control hub, thus we could create a slightly primitive Evermind on Dune.

"And in the event that that your Botanical testing station is discovered, then what?" demanded the Voice.

Ikara froze in place, he hadn't though of that, and ineffective parts of the Evermind unit, were dealt with quickly and efficiently. "I am unsure Milord, if it were discovered, it would be to valuable to dispose of."

"Not acceptable, our nature must not be revealed until we are ready with the full potential of Dune focused behind us."

Ikara suddenly found the answer he was looking for, his computer like mind racing through options, only to find what he needed. "We only need the station for a little while, if we get enough or our linked cores, then we would no longer need it, because all our combined bases would have equal, if not more, capability that we could get from the primitive electronics in the station, we will strip it of the systems once its preformed its usefulness. Then we could allow our bases to take on the reasonability of ruling themselves."

"Interesting... However, in the event that we get attacked, and we being to lose our facilities, would not our Dune Evermind begin to lose its abilities?" Inquired Omnius.

"That is true Milord, but we are Humans, we can learn to adapt to commanding ourselves, you do have me in charge there incase the Evermind should fail." Ikara raised his head slightly.

"Indeed... Go forth then, and conquer Dune for the Evermind, see that you do not fail me.

"Of course Milord."

With that Ikara rose to his feet and left the chamber, to join the transports on their way to the Planet Arrakis, where their destiny awaited them. Soon they were all secure in the Highliner and racing towards Dune, along with the other houses of the Landsraad
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 16:44   #90
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

3 days... and only one person has put in a serious post.

For the rest of you peeps - I find your lack of enthusiasum very uninspiring

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 11:05   #91
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

OK - it has come to my attention that your feeble minds simply cannot comprehend the entirity of the grand vision presented here before you all and that many of you after taking but a mere single look have fainted with brain shock-induced apoplexy.........

Ok so maybe it's a bit complex.

Look, DON'T WORRY PEOPLE! All I want now is for you to pick a location on the map of dune so kindly hosted by mister fluffie.

The details for each area are in THE MAP section, but really all you need to do is bring up the map, cover your eyes, place a finger on the screen somewhere, uncover your eyes ( ) and then PM me where it landed and I'll place a little spot on the map somewhere.

Unless it's in the sand. In which case your base is hidden from the other players and doesn't appear on the map (pretty neat eh?)

AND THAT'S IT

You can do a bit of RP'ing of you making planetfall like Wo2 has if you wish and you can even bring along a few NPC's but if your lazy like me you'll probably won't want to do that...

When everyone has done this I will continue. Each turn will be announced by me like I have done with Turn 0. At the bottom I'll have ooc/dm stuff - i.e instructions, notifications or tips of the day.

The next turn will have details about base setup.

Lastly, if you have a question then bloody well ask me. I DO read my PM's whenever I see a new one come in so you can be assured your question will be answered shortly.

Now...

Get to it peeps.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 11:07   #92
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

sorry about that, my inbox is being b*tchy again

-----------

Perturabo looked out over his home world of medrengard, wondering for a moment whether the orbital weapons platforms needed a couple more upgrades when his mentatcam in, the clank of the mentats metallic leg resounding on the floor before he spoke with the dry metallic tone from his modified voicebox

"we are ready to leave now, the navigator guild will be closing down the hatches now"

Perturabo nodded as the cover lowered down his window, the mentat turned and locked down the door as per the navigators wishes

"well then, onward to dune and the spice melange"

Unread 30 Jul 2004, 16:49   #93
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

"sir a ship has just landed" the courrier said
Gurney Halleck finished puting on a shirt"D*m man can't you wait outside until I get dressed, and what is so special about this smuggler."
"Sir he says the highliner was full of house iruxas ships"
"why would there fleet come here"gurney questioned
"Sir apparently the emporer has declared Arakkis to go to who ever can take her" the courrier rminded Gurney
" Blasted Carrino slug, almost as bad as harkkonens, How many highliners are sceduled in the near future?"
"about twelve i think"
"Alright get Duncan and everyother leader in the smuggler comuintes," as the courrier left gurney mumbled, "we gonna need an army to keep the trade going."
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 20:31   #94
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

KlavoHunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Uhh... woot? Can I join?
KlavoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 17:24   #95
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Ofc

Just start reading that first post...

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 13:48   #96
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Turn 1

ooc: Ok I'm not waiting any longer. Those that are either away or are too busy/lazy to tell me where their finger landed on the map will have to PM and make planetfall later. As for the rest of you....

Kaitain

*Emperor Hewitt the IV, head of House Corrino, ruler of all the known universe paces impatiently back and forth along the fine marbled surface of his private meeting room, a small room really and not that fancy really despite the finely crafted teak desk from Giedi Prime that sat to one side and yet still managed to dominate the chamber with it's gaudy, explict designs craved into the wooden surfaces. Hewitt's mind was on other things however, and has the minutes wore by his frustration grew...*

"Damn it to hell, where is that man? What could be taking so long ffs?"

*It wasn't until a few minutes later that a shadowy figure creep into the chamber via one of the few hidden panels. Hewitt only just managed to hear him approach, but when he did he whirled upon the man infurated.*

"Where the hell have you been Fenring? Do you know how long I've been waiting here!?"

*Count Fenring stepped out from the shadows, his face the picture of calm it always was and unphased by the emperors anger.*

"I some matters to take care of before I could come here, wouldn't want our little scheme to be discovered hmm?"

"MY scheme you mean."

*Hewitt just turned away too exasperated now to let loose with the titrade he had been building up over the last fifteen minutes. Taking a seat behind the illicit desk, Hewitt made a show of wasting Fenring's time by slowly pouring himself a glass of spice wine and sipping at the sweet life-giving nectar before saying anything. He didn't offer any to Fenring.*

"So what news do you have for me Fenring? What was so important that I needed to be torn away from my duties as emperor?"

*Fenring calmly took another glass, pouring himself some wine as well as taking a seat in a nearby suspensor chair before answering the emperor's question. He smiled thinnly as Hewitt glowered at him while he did this. Unlike the emperor, Fenring enjoyed playing this little game of wills.*

"I have news from Arrakis my lord." *Fenring takes a sip of wine* "Hmm, Caladanian I persume hmm?"

"Get on with it Fenring, don't test my patience."

"As you wish..." *Fenring puts down the wine and leans forward slightly.* "The first of the competiting houses have already begun landing on dune Hewitt and the others are expected to follow suit very soon. It won't ne long before our, I mean your plans come to fruitation my emperor."

"Indeed Fenring... if this is true then it won't be long indeed."

*Hewitt skulls the rest of his spice wine, his eyes fluttering slightly as the melange is asborbed into his system. He gets up from behind the desk enjoying the feeling of looking down on the annoying man in front of him.*

"While I don't approve of you making me wait this long this is indeed important news Count Fenring."

*Fenring remains seated calmly sipping the wine, savoury the mix of fruitness and cinnamon.*

"This is much sooner than we had expected."

"All the better! The sooner this is all over the sooner I'll be happy and secure. Now if you'll excuse me Fenring, I have other matters too attend to and then... we have preparations to make!"

Imperial Arrakis Monitoring Station (IAMS)
Current Hazards to Report

None as yet.

The houses that have made planetfall may now commense full activities on dune.

A part of this thread will run in a similar fashion to PK's Colonies series in a sense that you keep a track of your own bases and units by providing a kind of Construction List every turn (not everyday).

It should look something like this:

House Corrino - Turn 1
Devious, Militaristic, Resourceful, Ruthless
(Pyon Villages have no fee)
(Covert Operations are 25% more successful)
(Pyon Villages produce 50% less income)
(Units are 25% cheaper)
(+25% to Harvester capacity)
(Starts with an extra 5000c)
(+ 50% to unit SP)
(+ 50% to unit FP)
(- 100% to fremen relations)

------------------------------

Starting Credits: 15000c
Income from last turn: 0c

Arrakeen
Forces Present:
- 25 Sardukar
- 50 Light Infanty
- 25 Trooper Infantry

Buildings:
Pyon Town (+800c per turn)
6x Wind Trap (+600MW)

Palace (2000c production limit, - 125MW)
- 7 Sardukar (2000/2100)
Cost: 2000c

3x Barracks (1500c production limit, -30MW)
- 20 Light Infantry (1500/1500)
Cost: 1500c

Upgraded Barracks (500c production limit, -10MW)
- 4 Trooper Infantry (450/450)
- 1 Light Infantry (50/75)
Cost: 500c

Hi-Tech Factory (1000c production limit, -50MW)
- 1 Carry all (1000/1050)
Cost: 1000c

Construction:
Construction Yard (1000c production limit)
- Light Factory (1000/1250)
Cost: 1000c

------------------------

End Credits: 9000c

-----------------------

Ain't that hard when you think about it yeah?

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 15:06   #97
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Oh blast

Smugglers
Neutral--25% Fremen relations
Cunning-- 50%to covert ops
Village fees 10% cheaper
20% to long range speed
Resorcful--25% harvester capacity
extra 5000cr
Humanitarian--Able to purchase Pyron militia
25% unit Hp
10% Fremen relations

Start credits:15000

Abandoned Stietch Tabor(free)

Five smuggler comunites(as yet don't have a name)

Garrison:Carryall(1050), Trooper Infantry(150), 8Light Infantry(800)

Command Center

Wind trap

Refinery
Defualt:1 harvester

Construction:infantry barracks(cr:300), Spice silo(150cr

Carryall supporting harvester.

End Credits:14400cr
---------------------------
About right?

Last edited by mrmao; 2 Aug 2004 at 15:56.
mrmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 15:38   #98
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

You forgot your communities - each one is like a village (name them what you wish)

I'd also prefer you listed your house qualities with that list - makes it easier to check everything

Plus since your Humanitarian it's in your best interest to have a look what I have down for you in that mammoth first post...

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 19:23   #99
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

House Urbanica - Turn 1
Scientific, Pacifist, Resiliant, Resourceful
(Research Facilities are 50% cheaper)
(Cost Penalty to lasgun weapons removed)
(Pyon Villages are 75% cheaper)
( -10% to unit FP)
( -10% to unit HP)
( -10% to unit SP)
(Engineers 50% cheaper)
(All other units 25% more expensive)
(+25% to Unit Resistance to all weapons)
(+25% to Harvester capacity)
(+5000 Starting Credits)

Starting Credits: 13500c
Income from last turn: 0c

Carthag
Forces Present:
1 Carryall (1312.5 credits)
5 Light Infantry (625 credits)

Buildings:
Carthag proper +800c

Construction Yard (Hewitt, what precisely does the C limit on the production yard mean? We can only build 1000 c worth of buildings?)
Power Draw: 0mw

Wind Trap
Power Draw: -100mw

Spice Refinery
(Harvester present, carry-all present. Gathering spice in the Imperial Bason @ 2500 spice units per turn (or whatever max is). Carry-all is providing an emergency airlift capability against worms, as in the book Dune.)
Power Draw: 40 mw

Construction in Carthag

4x Spice Silo
Credits: -600c
Power Draw: 20 mw

Infantry Barracks w/ upgrade (two turns?)
Credits: -800c
Power Draw: 10 mw

Upgrading Construction Yard (-1100 c)
Misc acquisitions:
Papers filed to gain control over Pyon villages Arsunti, N'themar, Brethlahelm (the villages from Arsunti to Carthag).

9750 credits remaining at the end of turn one.

Last edited by Lakhim; 3 Aug 2004 at 21:02.
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 19:37   #100
Wo2
The Janitor!

Just PM'ed you my base.

"Sir, our Deployment has nearly finished, our perimeter is secure, and we have yet to find signs of activity in this area. I believe we have landed in this sector undetected,” reported one of the troopers.

"Perfect. What is the progress on the Evermind?" asked Ikara

"We are nearly ready to bring it online now."

Ikara stood outside of the base structures being erected and looked over the sprawling mass of Dune, soon they would be ready to begin their project, and soon they would fight for Dune and the Spice, like all the other houses.

Can't see my base ya'll cause I'm hidden

House Iruxas
Scientific, Xenophobic, Secretive, SYCHRONISED
(-50% Research Facilities cost )
(No lasgun cost Penalty )
(2x Base Defense turrets HP )
(+1 AP to base structures )
(-50% to enemy Covert Ops sucsses )
( Bases hidden )
(+ 50% to unit FP )