User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jul 2004, 18:46   #1
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Dune Is Ready To Start

What? Did you seriously think I was going to PM everyone?

Get your asres in there and go through that long first post of the thread. The map will be up soon, but until then you are free to make your enterance into the Arrakis system

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 23:59   #2
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road
Re: Dune Is Ready To Start

What's the starting credit amount?
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 06:23   #3
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

[ooc] Less talk, more this. [ooc/]

Ikara knelt on the cold stone floor of his masters Citadel, and awaited his master to acknowledge him, one did not cough or clear his throat to get Omnius's attention, one waited until he choose to speak. A handful of familiar "Eye's" hovered into the hall and hovered in locations on all sides of the chamber, to record and document this meeting for later use.
"Why do you come before me Ikara?" rumbled a voice, which came out of the very walls of the massive tower.

"We are ready to depart for the planet Dune, our forces are prepared and already a guild Highliner is awaiting in orbit, we've taken the normal steps to cover ourselves, The cloud cover has been seeded with the jamming material and we are using foreign built transports to fairy our units into orbit. No one will know what we are,” reported Ikara, still kneeling, with his face towards the floor.

"Very well. You will command our forces on Dune, we cannot risk making an Onmius for our Dune operations, we would have no way to synchronize it like protocol requires. Perform the deed to the best of your abilities, I am sure you can over come you human frailties,” the voice said.

"Of course my Master, but If I may, my humanness has come up with a Idea that may be useful."

"Speak." command the voice

"We will be establishing base's on the surface of Dune, and I have been collecting Data on the planet itself. As we know already, it suffers from destructive Sandstorms and the creatures know as Shi'halud by the natives of Dune. Our advance scouts also learned of something else. The old Imperial rule established Botanical testing stations, these stations have environmental equipment, that we will not need, but they also come with primitive electronic control and archival systems. If we could find one of these structures, we could establish our first base around it and use its systems as our control hub, but we could also implement smaller computer cores into each of our base structures. Those cores could be installed along with defense equipment, and they could protect our base structures. In the event that someone could breach our structures perimeter, we could deal with them quickly and efficiently, with the internal defense systems. In the event that those should fail, our core would detonate the structure to keep our secrets safe. Also, all the cores would be connected to each other, like you are to the entire planet, and each core would add some capabilities to our control hub, thus we could create a slightly primitive Evermind on Dune.

"And in the event that that your Botanical testing station is discovered, then what?" demanded the Voice.

Ikara froze in place, he hadn't though of that, and ineffective parts of the Evermind unit, were dealt with quickly and efficiently. "I am unsure Milord, if it were discovered, it would be to valuable to dispose of."

"Not acceptable, our nature must not be revealed until we are ready with the full potential of Dune focused behind us."

Ikara suddenly found the answer he was looking for, his computer like mind racing through options, only to find what he needed. "We only need the station for a little while, if we get enough or our linked cores, then we would no longer need it, because all our combined bases would have equal, if not more, capability that we could get from the primitive electronics in the station, we will strip it of the systems once its preformed its usefulness. Then we could allow our bases to take on the reasonability of ruling themselves."

"Interesting... However, in the event that we get attacked, and we being to lose our facilities, would not our Dune Evermind begin to lose its abilities?" Inquired Omnius.

"That is true Milord, but we are Humans, we can learn to adapt to commanding ourselves, you do have me in charge there incase the Evermind should fail." Ikara raised his head slightly.

"Indeed... Go forth then, and conquer Dune for the Evermind, see that you do not fail me.

"Of course Milord."

With that Ikara rose to his feet and left the chamber, to join the transports on their way to the Planet Arrakis, where their destiny awaited them. Soon they were all secure in the Highliner and racing towards Dune, along with the other houses of the Landsraad

Last edited by Wo2; 25 Jul 2004 at 06:30.
Wo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 08:55   #4
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Nice post, one problem though...

This is not the thread. You want the one entitled Dune.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote