User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Feb 2007, 19:25   #51
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: We should just send the entire family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
No one else is reading this and thinking you somehow have a point btw.
The point was that when you said that I had mocked "the deaths of thousands of innocents" I had in fact not done that.

Further that saying I had was a pretty pathetic thing to do.

I have no intention of disecting your irrational rant against your concept of 1890s Britain. I am sticking with the points I made: that all deaths are tragedies and it seems to me pretty heartless and childish to say that soldiers 'deserve to die'.

Frankly I think you are doing yourself a diservice.
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 19:43   #52
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have no idea why you are enraged by my belief that EVERY SINGLE DEATH IS A TRAGEDY.

I can not for the life of me fathom why you have decided that this represents some terrible calumny on my part.

I can only assume this is some sort of joke and that i am being 'had'.
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 19:53   #53
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
regardless of your personal opinion it actually does matter to the army who are quite fiercly loyal to the monarchy.

One of the benefits of a politically neutral head of state is that those asked to die for their country are given the solace of a permanent regime to be loyal to.
This totally beggars belief. It's an attitude that was outdated 200 years ago, and caused many mysterious officer fatalitities in battle even then. Do you honestly believe that when a 16 year old signs up for service today in the RR Fusiliers or the Kings Own, he or she is seriously thinking about the continuation of the Monarchy in return for their life?

They neither have the intelligence, backing or opportunity to do little else. Fair enough they are grunts, you want the front line you are going to get it, but surely this attitude of standing their in squares and dying for Queen and country is as kaput as the monarchy?

The tag line a while back was for 'Modern Soldiers'. Nice to see when all else fails the ejits from Socio Economic Grouping 'A' can still get jobs in advertising. At least Harry has some integrity. But then again he's just a blood bastard.

Last edited by Maladoni; 25 Feb 2007 at 20:01.
Maladoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 20:06   #54
Yahwe
I am.

I'm glad that I managed to be so controversial by continuously stating that I view ever death as a tragedy.

I really do push the limits sometimes ...

And how fortunate of you all to correctly identify me as a 'moron and an 'idiot' for my saying it.
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 20:16   #55
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I'm glad that I managed to be so controversial by continuously stating that I view ever death as a tragedy.

I really do push the limits sometimes ...

And how fortunate of you all to correctly identify me as a 'moron and an 'idiot' for my saying it.
Which is a rather disappointing way of ignoring the questions raised to your statements. I expected better, where do I sign?
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 23:26   #56
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think some people are missing the point.

He was discouraged (or they considered NOT sending his regiment) simply because him being in it put the REST of the regiment at a higher risk than they would normally be under.

It's not just about him. It's about his whole regiment at Sandhurst.
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 23:56   #57
Maladoni
Infrequent

Then why did the army accept his application in the first place? It's like Mistwraith said, the kids in a no win situation.

However, am sure MI15 have not been planning for months how to use this to the allies advantage.
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 02:18   #58
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that when you talk of how terrible British Soldiers are at least the death and mayhem they bring are the result of tangible objectives. Johnny Cash, on the other hand, killed a man just to watch him die.
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 05:34   #59
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

the germans had to create a holocaust before they realised the whole world is not about them simply because they had the upper hand military-wise. they regret it still, and many generations to come will be scarred by what happened.
im curious how many people do the americans and the english have to kill before they realise it is totally useless? the tens of thousands of iraquis already dead dont seem to have impressed anyone, so im thinking that hundreds of thousands or milions with one blow should do the trick.
what number of deaths would impress you? how many deaths to impress a queen/prime-minister? Maybe a member of the royal family? lets hope so. if it ends this whole thing, i wouldnt even shed a tear, but the contrary.

edit. im sorry, i wrote english instead of British with a capital B.
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 06:04   #60
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I find it rather curious that you speak of the entire population of various nation-states in such a way. Although I would recognise that to a certain degree everyone in Britain, or where-ever, with competent mental faculties who didn't do everything in their power to stop the invasion bears some degree of culpability. That said I probably wouldn't restrict it just to the specific country. It does raise some interesting questions over the nature of direct moral responsibility though.
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 12:57   #61
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
Then why did the army accept his application in the first place? It's like Mistwraith said, the kids in a no win situation.
1. It's tradition. Every male in the Royal Family (even Prince Edward) has been in the military.
2. It's great publicity. You've seen all the adverts on the TV trying to encourage people to join the army. Having the royals join up is brilliant advertising for all those nationalist youngsters.
3. The question wasn't whether to send him out to fight or not, it was WHERE to send him out to fight. His regiment could be sent somewhere less hazardous but still just as worthwhile.