User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Apr 2004, 23:21   #1
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Windows XP SP2 RC1

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../sp2predl.mspx

Its popup killer is ace. Its new install updates at shutdown is ace. Its firewall is ace. Its new security features, like marking memory areas no excute for processors that support it to help lower risk of buffer overflows and security warnings that are noticable for the stupid when they go to execute or download content for pages that are less then safe.

Overall, just damn ace.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 23:23   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Windows XP SP2 RC1

Why wasn't all these cool features in XP before SP2 ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 23:28   #3
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Kind of, but they weren't really done very well. A lot of SP2 is also quite new.

I'm still going to wait for the full release before I download and install it.

Having said that, i'm going to start using Gentoo full time now I've finished all my assigments.
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 23:29   #4
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh boy, microsofts releases are buggy enough. Imagine the state of a beta
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 23:30   #5
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

no,he is asking, why did it take till now for these much needed features to be installed?

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 23:34   #6
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Downloading now, will stick it on test machine later.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 23:35   #7
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyr0 MK III
heh, i've got a friend at college who's a microsoft beta tester
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 23:37   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyr0 MK III
it killed this machines last windows install after 1 day.

pld them.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 23:39   #9
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
heh, i've got a friend at college who's a microsoft beta tester
Tell him to work harder
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 00:09   #10
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

IMO, the improved firewall and popup blocking should have been implemented back in the Win98 days.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 00:29   #11
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

WIll be getting when officially released
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 03:16   #12
Intrepid00

Quote:

Vaio
I also hear cars didn't always have seatbelts.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 04:10   #13
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Lies.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 04:46   #14
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
That statement is irrelevant but thanks for sharing

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 07:09   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I wonder if these cool "anti-buffer-overflow"-thingies have a significant performance impact.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 19:15   #16
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

the bloody new pop-up feature & security center is shit & fkin annoying

the firewall and other such crap in it is only useful if you're a total noob and don't already have a firewall like zonealarm and use mozilla - so pop-ups never appear anyway

sigh.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 19:18   #17
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Microsoft in 'too little, too late' shock horror

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 20:01   #18
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2

the firewall and other such crap in it is only useful if you're a total noob and don't already have a firewall like zonealarm and use mozilla - so pop-ups never appear anyway

sigh.
Microsoft in bringing-protection-to-people-who-know-no-better shocker. Albeit very late as vaio said.

To most people the internet = internet explorer and are very resistant to any sort of change. "But what's wrong with internet explorer" they ask? This situation has been perpetuated by the google toolbar bringing popup blocking mainstream.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 21:24   #19
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Vote Google to replace Bill Gates!
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 05:34   #20
Intrepid00

Quote:
That statement is irrelevant but thanks for sharing

Vaio
Read up on the history of auto safety and you would get it.
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 05:35   #21
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2

sigh.
Zonealarm == shit
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 19:14   #22
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

does the job very well, even if I have a gateway rerouting most packets to it
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury