User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Jun 2003, 14:55   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Stella Artois Championship

Anyone watching it?

Dull, dull, dull. At least that twat hewitt is out, but Roddick is in the Ivanisevic Phillipoussis Woodbridge level of entertainment.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 14:59   #2
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
What is it?

Darts, golf, bowls?
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 15:00   #3
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Heh, you can get it streamed live on the bbc website. Unless they just did that for Timothy's games.
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 15:00   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Tennis

and I'm watching it
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 15:03   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Roddick is UNBELIEVEABLE
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 15:04   #6
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
I like Tennis.

And that tournament is round the corner from my college.

Costs a fair bit to get in thogh
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 16:10   #7
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of
Re: The Stella Artois Championship

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Ivanisevic
Even he's a witch?
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 16:22   #8
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
if you actually watched any of the games and/or understand/follow the sport it's actually quite interesting. I find premiership football unbearably dull, so i don't watch it (however international games are much much better).
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 16:26   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

That was a superb return
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 16:44   #10
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light
stella artois rrrrrh
roxor beer
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 17:08   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
it ended up being quite entertaining actually

but normally i cant stand watching these big servers

Henman is the most entertaining to watch by far

Unread 14 Jun 2003, 18:09   #12
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I foolishly believed this would be about a drinking contest.
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 20:54   #13
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
All tennis players are witches. I mean Ivan, Ivanisevic
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 21:02   #14
Freakozoid
Anon.

Henman? Entertaining?

He puts me through hell.

He cannot win.

Useless prick
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 22:37   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
Henman? Entertaining?

He puts me through hell.

He cannot win.

Useless prick
Because being top 10 in the world is no achievement at all.
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 22:42   #16
Freakozoid
Anon.

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Because being top 10 in the world is no achievement at all.

yes.

I dunno how though.

He cannot win anything at all.

HE GOT BEATEN BY A FRENCHIE AND ALL!
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 22:52   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

He's not at the moment, he's only just come back from a serious injury.

Being a wimbledon semifinalist god knows how many times and losing to the eventual champion EVERY TIME means nothing now?
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 23:18   #18
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Means hes not good enough.

As somebody once said to me, coming second means you're the first loser.
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 11:53   #19
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
it ended up being quite entertaining actually

but normally i cant stand watching these big servers

Henman is the most entertaining to watch by far
TBH i find henmans style of play extreamly boring, he doesnt really have any great shots and he has no charachter at all. All of which adds upto one boring game of tennis.

Oh and MrL_JaKiri him being a wimbledon semifinalist isnt exactly a great acheivement when you look at it . He gets to where he does not so much through his play but due to the "henmania" this country gets during wimbledon. Just look at his record at the other grand slams and your see how poor it really is.

And i know as a brit i should probally be supporting him but being a keen tennis player and follower I find it hard to support him as hes stands for everything thats wrong with the britsih game. Its all about having money to be able to get into the sport and his background just streanghens this and until the likes of tim and those in simerlar positions at the LTA are gone and the sports made less elitist then it will stay that way
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 12:02   #20
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
TBH i find henmans style of play extreamly boring, he doesnt really have any great shots and he has no charachter at all. All of which adds upto one boring game of tennis.
Agreed. (except for volleying)

Quote:
Oh and MrL_JaKiri him being a wimbledon semifinalist isnt exactly a great acheivement when you look at it . He gets to where he does not so much through his play but due to the "henmania" this country gets during wimbledon.
That's complete nonsense. Henman's game is suited to grass, he's consistently proved himself on that surface and I think his record at Wimbledon and Stella Artois speaks for itself. To say that a player achieves a high standard year-after-year because of the crowd rather than having ability is just idiotic.

Quote:
And i know as a brit i should probally be supporting him but being a keen tennis player and follower I find it hard to support him as hes stands for everything thats wrong with the britsih game. Its all about having money to be able to get into the sport and his background just streanghens this and until the likes of tim and those in simerlar positions at the LTA are gone and the sports made less elitist then it will stay that way
To refuse to support someone because of their background is equally illogical and ridiculous.

Whilst the game does need to move away from the hands of clubs which charge outrageous fees and thus exclude those who play the game non-competitively, to discriminate against someone because they have the resources to make use of the system is crass.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 12:07   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dog
To refuse to support someone because of their background is equally illogical and ridiculous.
While supporting someone because of their background is logical and non-ridiculous?
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 12:08   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Oh and MrL_JaKiri him being a wimbledon semifinalist isnt exactly a great acheivement when you look at it . He gets to where he does not so much through his play but due to the "henmania" this country gets during wimbledon. Just look at his record at the other grand slams and your see how poor it really is.
How does he get to #4 in the world or whereever he was without being a good player?

On his day, he can beat anyone in the world on grass, and can be a match for them on clay.

Moreso, he's a model professional who performs when his country need him; see: last summer's davis cup match.
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 12:10   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
While supporting someone because of their background is logical and non-ridiculous?
Well, aside from subscribing to the 'country metarepresented by individuals', we aren't.
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 12:11   #24
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
At which point did I represent that I would or that it was?
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 12:13   #25
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dog
At which point did I represent that I would or that it was?
Country of origin is part of your background duder
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 12:15   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Hey dudes, don't be hatin

I know what goin daan here, read my post

Wheres de luv man?

(Translation: It should be ok to like people for their backgrounds but not to dislike them! Now lets sing kumbaya)
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 12:16   #27
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Of course. At which point did I state that it was logical to support someone because of their country?

Although MrL gives an answer as to why people do it.
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 12:31   #28
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
First of all at no point did I say he wasnt a good player, what i said he isnt a great player. In this country hes built up as being a great player but his biggest acheivements come when he has home support, without it he struggles. As any football player or athelete or any other sportsman/women HOME SUPPORT is a massive advantage and can be enough to make someone average at their field into a world beater.

And you use the fact hes a grass court player to shoot down what i'm saying, HOWEVER as a grass court player he should be equally suited to any fast paced surface as these also play into his streangths of serve vollying. Why then does he struggle at places like the US Open. The only court type he has a reason to struggle on is clay which in britain is an extreamly rare surface so youngsters dont build up a slow baseline game.

I'd also like to state that i said "I find it hard to support him" not that I dont. Hes english so I liek to see him win but its not someone i can be passionate about supporting, just like in football where I will want liverpool to win in europe as they are english but can never be particulatty passionate about it.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 13:00   #29
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

bah, too much writing for me. ill make it simple

i think he is entertaining because his serve sucks ass, and besides his volley (which is an erratic shot) he doesnt really have any "world beating" shots.

Therefore, points he wins tend to beexciting, and grinded out because he has a good tennis brain, and he doesnt give up.

Rallys. Id watch a rally any day over an Ace.

Unread 15 Jun 2003, 13:28   #30
Freakozoid
Anon.

The US open is hardcourt and therefore more suited to the big hitters and fast serves like Roddick etc.

Grass is a faster surface (because the ball bounces less) so players like Hewitt and Henman do well.
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 15:56   #31
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
The really great players (e.g. Sampras) do well on any surface.

Henman is a good grass court player, four semi-finals or whatever it is isn't bad going, and he is a more exciting player than most the people around.

The stick Henman gets appears to be like what Heskey gets. Before Henman was getting to semi-finals on a regular basis he was good, and now he gets there he takes stick for it.

Also, it's not his fault he comes from a rich background, so you shouldn't not support him on that basis.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 17:58   #32
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
The really great players (e.g. Sampras) do well on any surface.
Sampras was crap on clay. He's never really come close to winning the French Open.

I think a great player can be a specialist one. Look at Juan Carlos Ferrero, he was immense in winning the French Open, he's likely to do absolutely piss all at Wimbledon. He will be remembered as one of the great clay-court players of all time - I would say that is quite an impressive achievement and one that deserves recognition.