User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 13 May 2007, 10:17   #1
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light
Next round - start date

any ideas when it will be?

would be appreciated
Unread 18 May 2007, 09:50   #2
Bowlsey
Lover of Cheesecake

Bowlsey is on a distinguished road
Re: Next round - start date

One after the 14th July would be nice...I get back from my hols then
=Break=
rd41-44 TGV, rd45-46 FAnG, rd47 HaVeN rd48-49 FAnG
=Break=
Rd55+ Ultores
Bowlsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 09:59   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

The plan is to have a another short gaps between rounds. So Sometime in June will be the target. This will depend on how testing proceeds, we will not start the round if we arn't happy with the code.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 10:11   #4
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

stats are more of a problem than that i think though
Unread 18 May 2007, 10:17   #5
Bowlsey
Lover of Cheesecake

Bowlsey is on a distinguished road

yeah, say a month and a half wrong?!
=Break=
rd41-44 TGV, rd45-46 FAnG, rd47 HaVeN rd48-49 FAnG
=Break=
Rd55+ Ultores
Bowlsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 13:03   #6
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree
Negative. Stats are the smallest problem this game has. Granted, they are extremely unbalanced in their current state, but the game lacks a lot more than just decent stats. PA Team is, however, on their way to improve the game overall (see population and government)
Unread 18 May 2007, 15:05   #7
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

Why dont you simply extend the round by a month?

Carry on testing and such in the background and have a short [a week? a few days?] break in between instead of a long one. I doubt many people would complain if more time were taken to ensure next round is a bit better :)

Last edited by viC; 18 May 2007 at 15:16.
viC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 15:35   #8
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With a couple of minor tweaks the current stats could be rebalanced slightly without changing too much. I wouldn't expect that to even require a 'speedgame' beta really.
Unread 18 May 2007, 16:51   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by viC
Why dont you simply extend the round by a month?

Carry on testing and such in the background and have a short [a week? a few days?] break in between instead of a long one. I doubt many people would complain if more time were taken to ensure next round is a bit better
We fully intend to have a short break between rounds.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 18 May 2007, 17:00   #10
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
We fully intend to have a short break between rounds.
You missed my point.

Quote:
we will not start the round if we arn't happy with the code.
I meant have a short break as opposed to a long one. Sort the code before the break starts, by simply extending the current round until you are ready to start the next one.

Basically I am advocating a longer round while you sort things. As opposed to a longer break while you sort things.
Unread 18 May 2007, 18:24   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by viC
I meant have a short break as opposed to a long one. Sort the code before the break starts, by simply extending the current round until you are ready to start the next one.

Basically I am advocating a longer round while you sort things. As opposed to a longer break while you sort things.
thats not allways possible though, it depends when issues are identified. Its allways possible an issue will be detected just before tick start for example.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 18 May 2007, 19:09   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
thats not allways possible though, it depends when issues are identified. Its allways possible an issue will be detected just before tick start for example.
Run a tickstart scenario on a test server!
Unread 18 May 2007, 21:43   #13
Kree

sure stats are never the problem, still game ends up with 1 race having superior stats quite often...how come??? after 21 rounds shouldn“t stats be like balanced (ie look at starcraft - totally different game but still the "Stats" were balanced in the long run) in pa though stats usually change quite drastically...and end up being even less balanced then before...

question is if next round stats will see good changes or total new ones...
Unread 19 May 2007, 02:50   #14
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

And get the ****ing shuffle right this time.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 12:44   #15
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
sure stats are never the problem, still game ends up with 1 race having superior stats quite often...how come??? after 21 rounds shouldn“t stats be like balanced (ie look at starcraft - totally different game but still the "Stats" were balanced in the long run) in pa though stats usually change quite drastically...and end up being even less balanced then before...

question is if next round stats will see good changes or total new ones...
We should not forget a few issues here:

1) StarCraft never had major stats overhauls (i.e. adding races etc)
2) Even StarCraft took quite a few patches to balance out some things

That said, I once advocate for tweaking stats only instead of overhauling them completely all the time!
Unread 19 May 2007, 18:10   #16
Kree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
We should not forget a few issues here:

1) StarCraft never had major stats overhauls (i.e. adding races etc)
2) Even StarCraft took quite a few patches to balance out some things

That said, I once advocate for tweaking stats only instead of overhauling them completely all the time!
exactly what i meant Heartless

its about time to balance instead of getting totally new each round / each 2-3 rounds...