User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Apr 2007, 18:31   #1
DopeD

DopeDs suggestions

i didnt know where to put these so i started a new thread, some posts on this forum are pointless and not needed.....

1.as part of the universe page some more miscellaneous information should be included without giving out co-ords. such as what is the largest amount of constructions a planet has at that moment in time, also the largest amount of wave amplifiers and distorters. the largest amount of ships (obviously a xan). the largest amount of successful scans. the minimum number of ticks missed on constructions and researchs. and something that tells you when the first player reachs the maximum number of construction and completes all researchs.

2.the ability to sell structures, im sure its been mentioned before. but when i get half way through a round i always find that i have research centres that i dont even want anymore. it would be nice to be able to sell these at something like half the current price fro constructions. obviously there would have to be a limit as to howoften you can sell a structure, either one a day or one every current construction time or twice the construction time.

i have lots of other suggestions but these two i feel are the best.
Unread 21 Apr 2007, 18:43   #2
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts
Re: DopeDs suggestions

"largest amount of ships" and not showing cords, how would that work?

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2007, 18:52   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeD
i didnt know where to put these so i started a new thread, some posts on this forum are pointless and not needed.....

2.the ability to sell structures, im sure its been mentioned before. but when i get half way through a round i always find that i have research centres that i dont even want anymore. it would be nice to be able to sell these at something like half the current price fro constructions. obviously there would have to be a limit as to howoften you can sell a structure, either one a day or one every current construction time or twice the construction time.

i have lots of other suggestions but these two i feel are the best.
The discussion about selling structures has been discussed before, I offered the suggestion demolition of a structure. The demolition will cost exactly the same as the next construction cost. IE if you got 40 constructions, razing one will cost 41000 etc.
Unread 21 Apr 2007, 21:40   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
The discussion about selling structures has been discussed before, I offered the suggestion demolition of a structure. The demolition will cost exactly the same as the next construction cost. IE if you got 40 constructions, razing one will cost 41000 etc.
If we were to allow demoloition, thats certainly an interesting way to go about doing it.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2007, 22:27   #5
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Under the current setup, allowing selling and/or demolishing structures would mainly encourage distorter whoring and scanning, which are the two aspects of game nobody wants.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2007, 04:23   #6
Dorraj
[TGV]

Dorraj has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Under the current setup, allowing selling and/or demolishing structures would mainly encourage distorter whoring and scanning, which are the two aspects of game nobody wants.

ummm thats gay

dist whores and scanners make teh game interesting

if everyone could scan everypone it would be shit and easy

that was the gayest post in this thread yet.
---------
as for the new ideas, very good, especially the idea of destructing constructions, that would be great!
Round 16 - No PA
Round 17 - TGV - Officer
Round 18 - Omen - Officer
Round 19 - TGV - HC
Round 20 - TGV - Officer
Round 21 - TGV - Officer
Round 22 - 42 - No PA
Round 43 - TGV - Peon
Dorraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2007, 08:33   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sure, distorter whores and scanners make the game interesting. But that shouldn't stop the decision to go down one of these routes a one-time only thing - once you start it, you're committed to it. Otherwise you're just going to get everyone building mass research labs at the start and blowing them up as soon as they see fit, etc.

Blowing up constructions would remove a strategic element of the gameplay, which I am against doing.