User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Dec 2005, 11:10   #1
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Google Safe Browsing for Firefox

http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/safebrowsing/ . It warns you when your at a known phishing site. Could be very helpful

If your outside the US and want to install it follow this link - http://labnol.blogspot.com/2005/12/g...g-website.html

Enjoy
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 12:04   #2
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts
Re: Google Safe Browsing for Firefox

Meh, i installed it. I bet it will start warning me about every page i go on now...
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 15:49   #3
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Well I installed it, or at least i think i did.....no box came up or anything, it just loaded a bit then stopped.

The first thing i noticed was my internet ****ed up and i had to restart my pc a few times for it to work again.

And so far i have noticed no difference to my browser.

So in conclusion, if you want to download something which adds nothing to your computer, download this!

Superpigs Rating - for pointlessness.

and that was my sig.
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 15:54   #4
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

how many phishing sites have you tested it on?
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 16:02   #5
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
how many phishing sites have you tested it on?
Erm, nearly one

and that was my sig.
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 16:09   #6
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

whats a phishing site?
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 16:23   #7
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
whats a phishing site?
Its a place for anglers to compare fishes and tell stories of how they nearly encountered death whilst catching a trout.

And seriously....
It's a site that leads you to put in information which they use illegally.
Or something like that? Any experts on fishing here?

and that was my sig.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 05:35   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That is pretty much what it is. Usually they are copies of well-known and trusted sites, which you are generally led to through a false email, such as one from your "bank", claiming that you need to enter your banking details onto their site for whatever reason.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 05:41   #9
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hrmm thats quite worrying yet genious.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 10:38   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

they're really common. Loads of people send fake mails to ask you to resubmit your information as there's been security issues.
Luckily I ignore most of these. I don't need to - there's a president in Africa that's going to give me lots of money as soon as I can help get him out. I was the lucky one he chose!
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 10:54   #11
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I don't need to - there's a president in Africa that's going to give me lots of money as soon as I can help get him out. I was the lucky one he chose!
He is playing you for the fool that you are. He has already offered loads of money to me. All I had todo was send him £5000 and I get £574,244,344 back.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 10:59   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
He is playing you for the fool that you are. He has already offered loads of money to me. All I had todo was send him £5000 and I get £574,244,344 back.
£5000?
sounds like a scam to me. And that amount of money is quite large the number looks fake.
How can you get out of Africa for £5000? I spent £3000 on my African president's bodyguards alone.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 14:44   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
hrmm thats quite worrying yet genious.
Not overly, as long as you remember that your bank or credit card company will never ask you for details.

It only gets worrying if you are using a vulnerable browser that isn't particularly good at telling you that you are not actually visiting the domain you are looking at, and has some known security issues that allow websites to have the address bar display a different URL than the one you are at. A browser which is, for example, neither Opera nor Firefox.
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 23:38   #14
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Leshy, you really need to just get a room in Vegas, take a CD with Opera on it and just get a Britney Spears-type quickie wedding done.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 00:19   #15
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Hm. A CD does have a hole.
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 00:34   #16
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

isnt opera a little young for you ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 00:36   #17
Appocomaster
PA Team

As long as you can fit a fat lady behind a twig, it's ok
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 03:12   #18
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

On an almost related note, what does Leshy think to the idea of Google purchasing Opera?
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 14:52   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
On an almost related note, what does Leshy think to the idea of Google purchasing Opera?
I've heard about this rumour, but to be honest I doubt it's true.

Opera has always prided itself on it's status as an independent and relatively small software company that only needs to follow it's own rules and agenda. Having themselves bought out by a large company, especially an industry giant such as Google seems to be quite radically against this philosophy.

Having said that, Opera does make quite a bit of it's income due to several strategic partnerships, one of which being Google, and it would offer them quite the chance to go head to head with Microsoft, as the backing of Google would provide quite a considerable platform to do that from.

An alternative option is that they license out Presto, Opera's rendering engine to Google, which Google can then in turn use in a browser of their own, and there have been quite some rumours that Google has been planning to also release a browser of their own, so it's not entirely far-fetched.

At any rate, I personally do not hope that Opera do let Google buy them - I prefer them as that small company that does it's own thing rather than what "the industry" tells them to do. I fear that if they were to be part of the Google family, that would come into jeopardy.
Unread 18 Dec 2005, 03:17   #20
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Ok, since installing it, im having nothing but problems with my internet.
It might just be coincidence that my net is being a cock but im getting these problems.

When i start up my computer, it USED TO always connects to the internet instantly, as i'm on broadband, But NOW it says i have no connection even though the icon in the bottom right (in the taskbar tray) is saying "Connection - Excellent". Obviously i tried using MSN/Firefox, but i got errors.

I finally found out how to "able" my connection again, i have to right click my internet icon and UNTICK my connection. Like wtf?

And now im getting loads of error pages and eveything takes 3 times as long to load...

Its probaly nothing to do with what i downloaded and more to do with BT's shitty internet service.

and that was my sig.