User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Jun 2003, 18:29   #1
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
Deathwatch

Despite a mediocre ending and some really dreadful special effects, I have to say I enjoyed this quite muchly.

I have a qualm, though. The doctor didn't deserve to die from what I saw. Sure, he didn't try to save the prisoner, but he seemed to be a fairly good man, the same of which couldn't be said about the others.

Unless of course, good and bad didn't come into it, and the "thing" was simply seeing who'd bother helping him.
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 18:52   #2
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
It wasn't too bad an ending, I thought it was quite clever. The barbed wire growing scared me less.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 18:57   #3
Dookie Velvet
Banned

I found the fact that someone so measly and weak could gain so much courage in such a short space of time to be particularly ludicrous. That's not to say I didn't think the film was and I didn't like it.

If you're referring to the fact that the prisoner turned out to be the very thing that was destroying them, then yes, I found that to be quite clever too.
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 23:33   #4
acousticset

acousticset is an unknown quantity at this point
i saw the film in teh cinema ages ago and it was very cool, but most of tehm did deserve to die, apart from the guy who was killed by the scotsman(i think).

Although taht guy from my familt tossing off was rank.

But yeah ace film
acousticset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 23:39   #5
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by acousticset
i saw the film in teh cinema ages ago and it was very cool, but most of tehm did deserve to die, apart from the guy who was killed by the scotsman(i think).

Although taht guy from my familt tossing off was rank.

But yeah ace film
Nobody was killed by the Scotsman

Why do you think the doctor deserved to die?
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 23:42   #6
acousticset

acousticset is an unknown quantity at this point
i swear he went beserk and killed some guy after trapping one, then he got covered in barbed wire.

he deserved to die because he was stupid enough to stay there
acousticset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 23:54   #7
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by acousticset
he deserved to die because he was stupid enough to stay there
I don't think he had much of a choice.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 23:55   #8
Dookie Velvet
Banned

I think you're on about Quinn. He was a rough fellow, who had a "thing" for killing people, yes? He carried a spiked club around with him. He killed two people, I didn't see him trap anyone. And the two people he killed were both arses. Only the doctor deserved to live. And maybe the guy the captan shot in the head (I figure, he didn't get a chance to prove whether he was worthy of living before he was killed before he had the choice of saving the German )

And the doctor didn't really have a choice about leaving. Without orders from a higher officer, he wasn't allowed to (although I suspect in this situation, rank doesn't count anymore). Not to mention he saw what happened to the Scotsman. He went out and tried to save the Scotsman, and he cared for the guy who was ill throughout the movie. It wasn't stupidity, it was fear.

And anyway, if you say he deserved to die because he didn't leave, doesn't that mean the Billy Elliot guy also deserved to die?
Unread 20 Jun 2003, 00:10   #9
Embroglio

They didn't know where they were, they couldnt leave.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 20 Jun 2003, 00:51   #10
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
They didn't know where they were, they couldnt leave.
Explain to me how not knowing where you are means you can't leave.
Unread 20 Jun 2003, 01:24   #11
Embroglio

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
Explain to me how not knowing where you are means you can't leave.
You don't just wander out into no man's land do you.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 20 Jun 2003, 01:39   #12
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
You don't just wander out into no man's land do you.
Given the alternative, I know I would.