User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:28   #1
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
I realize this is just some guy advertising his book, but...

...it's so true
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:34   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i got bored, but ill read the rest later when everyone goes to bed. Accurate but obvious is my initial thought

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:39   #3
bagg
Stoppit

bagg is an unknown quantity at this point
he just described me

im so depressed now

i might smarten up and talk to women from now on
bagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:42   #4
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
i got bored, but ill read the rest later when everyone goes to bed. Accurate but obvious is my initial thought
That's what I like about it. He's simply stating the obvious. But he's putting how us losers go through our lives, continually losing out on the tamale, into words that make a lot of sense. That's something I know I've never been able to do.

If you bother reading through, watch out for the last section. It's pure shameless advertising.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:51   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
it really isnt
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:53   #6
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
it really isnt
It really is.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:54   #7
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Almost every single paragraph is filled entirely with cliched stereotypes, baseless elitism and pseudo-science.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:58   #8
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
but apparently it works and he'll sell millions of copies.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:00   #9
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
but apparently it works and he'll sell millions of copies.
He's certainly no Ross Jeffries.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:00   #10
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
As it is men and not women who tend to make the first move in a relationship, it is only natural that confident men will have more success than cowards, as the confident men will actually go and talk to women, whereas the cowards will just sit in the corner.

Trying to go from this rather obvious situation to a conclusion that women only like confident men seems a little strange, really.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:01   #11
Aquario
a true 'Mincer'

Aquario is an unknown quantity at this point
Yey, that article perfectly describes me & many mates.

we call ourselves mincers (=

its a great.

Smileys are a waste of time
Aquario is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:01   #12
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Almost every single paragraph is filled entirely with cliched stereotypes, baseless elitism and pseudo-science.
I disagree. The clichéd stereotypes may be clichéd stereotypes, but they do truly describe the woman of today (at least in my eyes). I also feel the "baseless elitism" to be a good thing. Except, I don't believe the elitism is baseless. I think it has a quite strong base, which most people call rejection. And the pseudo-science? Well, it simply serves to further our understanding of what he's saying.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 02:28   #13
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
I agree with nod. He's using grandiose generalizations to appeal to every lonely guy out there by making it sound like it's never their fault. He preys on people's inability to accept responsibility for themselves.

He's only "right" if you accept that you will HAVE to do something to get noticed by "in demand" women, and you may still not be something she's interested in.

Women are not obligated to like you. If you're running into repeated rejection, maybe you should look closer to home rather than blame the entire female species for your predicament.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 02:30   #14
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
oh yeah, and if you're fat, ugly, socially inept, and only bathe once a week?

Forget it.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 02:33   #15
Dookie Velvet
Banned

You've spurned me into action. I'm going to be cool and confident tomorrow. I'm going to smack that bitch at the youth centre until she comes to her senses and realizes I'm the only one for her. Not literally.

Edit: As I was argumenting Nod's point, I realized that it was all a cunningly disguised sales ploy. I decided not to "give in", however.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 02:35   #16
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I realize this is just some guy advertising his book, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
...it's so true
you should've being reading Tony Robbins books, kido!
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 06:20   #17
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
was a funny read if nothing else

/me sobs in a corner
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 07:01   #18
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
I prefer the "women like geeks" post the other day.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote