User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Jun 2003, 16:54   #1
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
Jurassic Park III

The reviews said this was better than the original.

The reviews were wrong.
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 17:04   #2
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
My new pc is better then Jurassic Park 3.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 17:06   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
it sucked. mainly due to a lack of talent. even the dinos thought so, they didnt yummy on down on many people.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 17:07   #4
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jurassic Park III

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
The reviews said this was better than the original.

The reviews were wrong.
agreed.
The original was better than any of the following ones.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 17:08   #5
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Jurassic Park III

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
agreed.
The original was better than any of the following ones.
YOU LIE

The Lost World c'etait trés bon!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 17:12   #6
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Don't be silly.

The Lost World basically sucked apart from the 'T-Rex in San Diego' scene. Which incidentally was the only reason Steven Spielberg would touch it. And Jurassic Park III was absolutely wank.
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 17:42   #7
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Jurassic Park III is suprisingly good considering they had to rewrite most of it on location and during filming (but still relatively crap, tho).
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 18:01   #8
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Jurassic Park III was terrible. Fortunately it only lasted about 1 hour 10 minutes.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 18:08   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Jurassic Part III was made up of parts from the first two books.
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 18:33   #10
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
I've heard 4 will be the last.

Unread 14 Jun 2003, 18:51   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
About a week before the film came out, Giles's (that's G_frog) brother wrote a comic strip, called 'Return to Monster Crab Island'.

The end dialogue went something like this.

'I'd never go back! Only a fool would RETURN TO MONSTER CRAB ISLAND'

'We'll give you three million pounds.'

'I'll do it.'

Which is of course the basic premise of the film.

People in the cinema didn't understand why this group at the back broke out laughing.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 18:55   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
I've heard 4 will be the last.
Oh God no.

"It's dead, Jim."
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 19:14   #13
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
About a week before the film came out, Giles's (that's G_frog) brother wrote a comic strip, called 'Return to Monster Crab Island'.

The end dialogue went something like this.

'I'd never go back! Only a fool would RETURN TO MONSTER CRAB ISLAND'

'We'll give you three million pounds.'

'I'll do it.'

Which is of course the basic premise of the film.

People in the cinema didn't understand why this group at the back broke out laughing.
Thats the basic premise of the film? I thought the basic premise of the film was to completely bastardise the bits from the two books that didnt make it into the first movies and make a **** load of money doing it?
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 20:06   #14
Dookie Velvet
Banned

I think Jurassic Park II was the best.

But I can't remember it that clearly so I may be wrong.
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 20:42   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Lost World was terrible.
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 20:59   #16
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
But on the flip side, the book was ace.
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 21:15   #17
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Quote:
Refresh my memory.
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 22:40   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
But on the flip side, the book was ace.
The Arthur Conan Doyle one?
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 22:47   #19
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
The Arthur Conan Doyle one?
'No'

I refer to the Micheal Critcheon one.

And by ace I mean it was good lightweight reading, better than that of the original Jurassic Park, not that it was in any way a classic.

*Disclaimer - I was also about 14 when I read it.
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 10:41   #20
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Jurassic Park (the book by Michael Chrichton) is actually surprisingly good. Even better than the movie, imo.
Unread 15 Jun 2003, 11:33   #21
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
JP3 suffered from not having a Michael Chrichton novel to base it on. Michael Chrichton is undoubtedly a very talented storyteller/writer and when you have him involved in a film its a real asset, however as was previously stated here JP3 was just a missmatch of scenes cut from from the two books and it really wasnt that coherant.

Rumour has it that both Speilberg and Chrichton were not ahppy with JP3 and that Chrichton is currently working on a screenplay(and perhaps a novel) for JP4. JP3 will be totally ignorerd in it due to Speilberg and Chrichton dissatisfaction and it will basically take the view that JP3 never happened

Oh and Leshy books are always better than their movie counterparts, I dont think you can really find any book thats been made into a movie that is really worse. Its the simple fact that all too often hollywood feels the need to change aspects to give a big finish (the T-Rex in San diego is a good example, this didnt happen in the book and was added only to give a big finsish) plus they always have to cut popular scenes that change the way the storie plays (for example in Original Jurrasic Park, John Hammond breaks his leg and gets eaten by compys thus doesnt appear in the second book, where as hes in the second movie)
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote